Viewing 40 posts - 11,081 through 11,120 (of 23,054 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • andy8442
    Free Member

How did we come to this? Brexit, Trump. Democracy has a lot to answer for.

I can’t help feeling there is a weird looking fella in the frozen north who’s controlling all of this, and I’m not talking about Santa.

Northwind

I know- ****ing Odin, he should stick to fighting the ice giants

grahamh
    Free Member

er that’s ^ behind a paywall.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lock Him UP!!!

Donald Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner used a private email account to carry out official White House business, his lawyer told US media.
    Mr Kushner is a senior adviser to the president, and married to Ivanka Trump.
    His lawyer confirmed the existence of the personal email account to Politico and the Washington Post.
    During his campaign, Mr Trump repeatedly criticised rival Hillary Clinton for using a personal email account while Secretary of State.

You would think setting out a list of Musn’t Do things would be easy.

You can view a number of FT articles per month if you log in, it’s the story from last week about Facebook releasing the details of the Ad’s paid for by Russion sources for examination.

Please use the sharing tools found via the email icon at the top of articles. Copying articles to share with others is a breach of FT.com T&Cs and Copyright Policy. Email licensing@ft.com to buy additional rights. Subscribers may share up to 10 or 20 articles per month using the gift article service. More information can be found at https://www.ft.com/tour.
    https://www.ft.com/content/de59ab54-9f03-11e7-8cd4-932067fbf946

Facebook will release to Congress the content of several thousand ads purchased by Russian operatives during the US election campaign after coming under criticism from lawmakers for holding back facts about Moscow’s use of social media.

The news was greeted by US president Donald Trump with a dismissive tweet Friday morning: “The Russia hoax continues, now it’s ads on Facebook. What about the totally biased and dishonest Media coverage in favor of Crooked Hillary?

Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s chief executive, said on Thursday the company would share with congressional investigators “the content and related information of the more than 3,000 ads that appear to be linked with a Russian entity” promoting political messages.

To which Trump goes look over there she was worse, imagine what news stories about Trump were actually false…

Even if they can’t prove collusion with Trump or his team fully it’s very apparent that he was first choice of the Kremlin for the job and they chipped in with whatever they could.

grahamh
    Free Member

President Trump on Puerto Rico relief efforts: “This is an island. Surrounded by water. Big water. Ocean water.”

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVzey3LReUU[/video]

crazy-legs

That’s bad enough, in fact I’m cringing watching that video ^^ but the other thing that stands out is his constant use of the phrase “never seen before”

[video]https://youtu.be/XvFL_O2GUHo[/video]

Klunk
    Free Member

health secretary has quit over private plane usage racking $400,000 since May ! draining the Fed not the swamp! 😀

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Wonder what consoling words Trump has up his sleeve for Vegas? It’s going to be hard to top this…

“Every death is a horror, but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina, and you look at the tremendous — hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people that died, and you look at what happened here, with really a storm that was just totally overpowering, nobody’s ever seen anything like this. What is your death count as of this moment? 17? 16 people certified, 16 people versus in the thousands. You can be very proud of all of your people and all of our people working together. Sixteen versus literally thousands of people. You can be very proud. Everybody around this table and everybody watching can really be very proud of what’s taken place in Puerto Rico.”

Houns

The s***gibbon also told someone to “have a nice time” whilst he was walking around meeting people affected

aracer
    Free Member

Can I have him suggesting they’ve done really well by comparing with a real catastrophe like 9/11 in the sweepstake please?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-05/who-actually-writes-donald-trumps-tweets/9017970
    So which is worse?
    Writing badly spelt tweets to cause outrage and division or paying somebody to do it?
    #Fail #SadFace #It’snotfair

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m beginning to think the civil war predictions aren’t so crazy after all. The US is vast and it’s population varies wildly (economically, religiously, politically etc.). The President needs to be a uniting force to help keep it all together, at least the majority of it, but Trump is the opposite and is just opening up the existing divisions in the populace.

I don’t think in 4 years he’ll do enough damage to cause the critical mass of hatred a civil war would need but he’s giving it a good try.

kimbers

The Tory party copying Trump’s tactics of rapid fire self-pwns has blinded us lefties to his recent gaffes.

I quite liked him heroically lobbing kitchen towels at Puerto Ricans worried about no power & cholera.

And Rex Tillerson refusing to deny he thinks Trump is a moron 😀

aracer
    Free Member

I was thinking this thread has gone a bit quiet, but then I suspect we’ve all just got Trump fatigue – nothing he says or does surprises us any more so it’s no longer newsworthy.

kimbers

tbf I think Kelly firing a lot of Trumps more idiotic staff picks has helped Trump put up a facade of competency, for now….

GrahamS

Long detailed and interesting article covering the rise of Milo Yiannopoulos and the links to white nationalism, Baked Alaska, Breitbart, Bannon, Trump, and the Mercers.

And the efforts they go to obscure or launder those links and publicly distance themselves from nazis & white nationalists while courting them as an audience.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism

Some snippets:

The two planned a press conference outside a mosque attended by the shooter, Omar Mateen. (“Brilliant,” Bannon emailed. “Btw they are ALL ‘factories of hate.’”)

He needs to understand that ‘Baked Alaska’ is over,” Yiannopoulos wrote in one email to Fleuette. “He is not a friend he is an employee. … He is becoming a laughing stock and that reflects badly on me.” In another, “I think we need to replace Tim. … [He] has no news judgment or understanding of what’s dangerous (thinks tweets about Jews are just fine). … He seems more interested in his career as an obscure Twitter personality than my tour manager.”

The newcomers brought in by Gionet weren’t much better behaved. Yiannopoulos had to boot one prospective member of his “tour squad” for posting cocaine use on Snapchat. Mike Mahoney, a then–20-year-old from North Carolina, had to be monitored because of his propensity for racism and anti-Semitism on social media. (Mahoney was later banned from Twitter, but he’s relocated to Gab, a free speech uber alles social network where he is free to post messages such as “reminder: muslims are fags.”)

“Let me know if there’s anything specific that’s really bad eg any Jew stuff,” Yiannopoulos wrote of Mahoney in an email to another member of his staff. “His entire Twitter persona will have to change dramatically once he gets the job.” On September 11, 2016, Mahoney signed a $2,500-a-month contract with Glittering Steel.
    In addition to tech and entertainment, Yiannopoulos had hidden helpers in the liberal media against which he and Bannon fought so uncompromisingly. A long-running email group devoted to mocking stories about the social justice internet included, predictably, Yiannopoulos’s friend Ann Coulter, but also Mitchell Sunderland, a senior staff writer at Broadly, Vice’s women’s channel. According to its “About” page, Broadly “is devoted to representing the multiplicity of women’s experiences. … we provide a sustained focus on the issues that matter most to women.”

“Please mock this fat feminist,” Sunderland wrote to Yiannopoulos in May 2016, along with a link to an article by the New York Times columnist Lindy West, who frequently writes about fat acceptance. And while Sunderland was Broadly’s managing editor, he sent a Broadly video about the Satanic Temple and abortion rights to Tim Gionet with instructions to “do whatever with this on Breitbart. It’s insane.” The next day, Breitbart published an article titled “‘Satanic Temple’ Joins Planned Parenthood in Pro-Abortion Crusade.”

akira

Been a while, he’s a bawbag.

GrahamS

Loving the Rex Tillerson thing. It was reported he called Trump “a moron” and that he was considering resigning.

Tillerson said the reports were incorrect: he hadn’t considered resigning. 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

Presidents and their administrations have been talking to North Korea for 25 years, agreements made and massive amounts of money paid……

…hasn’t worked, agreements violated before the ink was dry, makings fools of U.S. negotiators. Sorry, but only one thing will work!

he’s itching for a fight

GrahamS

Yep last week, while Tillerson was saying that direct communication channels with Korea were open and:

“We’ve made it clear that we hope to resolve this through talks,”.. “I think the most immediate action that we need is to calm things down. They’re a little overheated right now, and I think we need to calm them down first.”

The Donald tweeted:

“I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man…”

“…Save your energy Rex, we’ll do what has to be done!”

😯

frankconway

Klunk – yes, he’s itching for a fight as he knows he’ll be unaffected by it.

Tillerson, apparently, called him a f+@king moron and in his press conference did not address this but when asked said that we’re not going to discuss petty things.
    After Price resigning for his expensive travel habits we now know that Mnuchin’s use of military planes for his travel arrangements has been costed at c.$880k without the necessary WH approvals; sources – Politico, Axios, The Hill. Pruitt at Environment agency also under scrutiny for travel arrangements.
    Proposed tax reform will benefit high wealth individuals – zero benefit for the much vaunted ‘middle class’.

Piece-meal dismantling of ACA rather than repeal/reform or reform/repeal.

What a repulsive set-up.

aracer
    Free Member

Even for Donny his latest tweet on Puerto Rico is impressively narcissistic

Nobody could have done what I’ve done for #PuertoRico with so little appreciation. So much work!

I bet he’s exhausted after all that hard work, poor lamb.

colp

Shooting 3 pointers with paper towels ain’t easy you know.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

kimbers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41419190

Im liking this corker fellow , even if he is a republican!

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    kimbers

Im thinking if Musk wants to be president hed have a lot more credibility than Trump ever could

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Be interesting to see Musk and Trumps tax returns side by side

So Donald, how many space rockets do you own?

MSP

Musk sounds a bit muslim, I bet he wasn’t even born in the good ole USofA.

teethgrinder

MSP – Member
    Musk sounds a bit muslim, I bet he wasn’t even born in the good ole USofA.

Obama managed it… 😉

(Not really, just in case the hard-of-thinking racists get the wrong idea)

Klunk
    Free Member

I’m cleverer than you! Needs a sanity test not an iq test.

salad_dodger

He needed help on how to spell IQ.

GrahamS

Satire sites don’t even need to write new material for Trump. This is from 2016:
    http://newsthump.com/2016/05/16/donald-trump-challenged-to-release-his-long-form-iq-test-certificate/

😆

Love the little jibes in Anthony Zurcher’s (BBC) analysis:

During the campaign he said he doesn’t have to consult generals because he has “a very good brain” and told a rally in South Carolina that he was highly educated and has “the best words”.

😆

kimbers

Im loving Trumps IQ test throwdown with tillerson

the man is **** bonkers!

kilo

It’s like listening to Ron Burgundy 😀

MSP

Im loving Trumps IQ test throwdown with tillerson

the man is **** bonkers!

He did the same last year (with Sadiq Khan iirc). I think that he has some iq test score that he bought in the 70’s that flatters him immensely, that he thinks if he rolls out everyone will believe.

What they need to do is call his bluff but take control of the game, arrange new tests (by an ivy league university or some respected establishment. Dictate the testing criteria, ie 1/3 of scores problem solving, 1/3 general knowledge etc. Tests to be done publicly and transcripts to be released. Arrange a time and date and then invite him to participate, call him a coward if he backs down.

kimbers

It’s like listening to Ron Burgundy

or Ronni Pickering

martinhutch

Bragging about how humble he is! Hilarious.

tomhoward

What makes me laugh is that an IQ test gives you a score, which isn’t open to interpretation or spin or anything like that.

‘Hey Donald, what’s your IQ?’

‘Very high’

‘Err, ok, but what’s the score, the actual number?’

‘It’s one of the highest ever’

What’s the betting ol’ tangerine face either thinks that 58 is a big number, or knows that it’s a shit score but won’t admit it.

A lot of his influence on people seems to be because he’s the president (obvs) and people have faith in whatever dear leader the president says, not because they have faith in the man himself, but the position he holds.

‘Well he’s the president, so he can’t be a batshit mental, narcissistic, war mongering, barely literate oaf, and I’m going to believe everything he says, because he’s the president’

With any luck, people will become more questioning after 4 years of this bollocks

Viewing 40 posts - 11,081 through 11,120 (of 23,054 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.