Viewing 40 posts - 10,521 through 10,560 (of 23,113 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

then doesn’t that mean that he’s at least as intelligent as Obama?

wow, you really are chekw, aren’t you?

What are your other definitions of stupid? If being a billionaire, owning a skyscraper, your own jet and marrying a sports illustrated model is ‘stupid’ then all I can say is bring it on!

I don’t think being born into money is a definition of intelligence though, is it?
    EDIT – although thinking it is might be a definition of stupidity

tjagain

Ninfan – you do remember that he was given a bucketful of money by his dad – and if he had left it in the bank he would have more money now than he does. His business has not returned as much as basic bank interest rates would do

How are you anyway old chap – refreshed?

ninfan
    Free Member

I don’t think being born into money is a definition of intelligence though, is it?

So either he’s an (evil) genius who used his money to manipulate his way to being the most powerful man on the planet… which means he can’t be stupid, or he’s stupid, which means he wouldn’t have been able to manipulate the system enough to win the presidency (given that Hillary failed to do so despite spending far more money)

You’re stuck in the catch 22 of your own argument.

How are you anyway old chap – refreshed?

Thanks for asking, been mental few weeks to have a ‘break’ between daughter and the Welsh consultation (off topic there, but you will see the results soon, I’m sure)

Pieface

Do you think he was the mastermind behind the manipulation?

ninfan
    Free Member

Do you think he was the mastermind behind the manipulation?

Do you think it matters, if he successfully used it to his advantage in order to become POTUS then he can’t be stupid (or crazy) can he?

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5yeGMaT3PvI[/video]

akira

You know who’s great, Sooty, he’s smart and he’s on TV and he can do magic. All by himself….

tjagain

Ninfan – you got a PM

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

So maybe you can explain how being born into money is a sign of intelligence?

kimbers
    akira

His tactic of trying to end the world to avoid the results of the Russia investigation is genius.

GrahamS

Just been looking at his twitter feed again.

In the last day, 9 out of his 17 most recent tweets have been direct retweets of “Fox & Friends”.

Does he actually watch anything else? At least he has plenty of time to watch TV on that 17 day vacation that he isn’t taking. Between the rounds of golf that he isn’t playing obviously.

And great to see him boasting about America’s nuclear capability:

“My first order as President was to renovate and modernize our nuclear arsenal. It is now far stronger and more powerful than ever before….
    …….Hopefully we will never have to use this power, but there will never be a time that we are not the most powerful nation in the world!”

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/895252459152711680

akira

Seeing as he didn’t even know he had to send people to the DOE after his win I’m not sure how he’s managed to renovate anything.

ninfan
    Free Member

Straw man

Using that money to buy a skyscraper, a plane, and marry a sports illustrated model, become a TV star and then propel yourself into the role of president of the USA despite everyone writing you off as a joke candidate and having, quite literally, less than 2% chance of winning clearly is though 😀

It’s often not the having money that proves your intelligence, but what you go on to do with it – compare Bill Gates, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak for example.

nickc

Makes perfect sense that some-one who worships Trump and welcomes him as his orangey overlord thinks he’s smart.

ninfan
    Free Member

Which one of the three of us woke up in bed next to a model this morning? most likely before having breakfast cooked by his personal chef, then being flown to the golf course in a helicopter.

According to you it wasn’t the smart one 😆

sbob
    Free Member

What are your other definitions of stupid? If being a billionaire, owning a skyscraper, your own jet and marrying a sports illustrated model is ‘stupid’ then all I can say is bring it on!

All you’ve listed is being rich.
    He was born rich.
    Any money he’s made he has done so by being a ****.
    You don’t have to be clever to be a ****.

ninfan
    Free Member

Any money he’s made he has done so by being a ****.
    You don’t have to be clever to be a ****.

How many people have successfully become US president despite being all the below:

i) Stupid
    ii) Unpopular
    iii) Crazy
    iv) Dishonest
    V) Any colour other than white

sbob
    Free Member

Fake tan is not a new ethnicity.

I’m off to the pub.
    Feel free to put whatever solvents you’re inhaling down and join me. 🙂

kimbers

Haha

Which one of the three of us woke up in bed next to a model this morning?

Ninfan is fixated on this

I woke up this morning next to a woman who actually loves me though, shes a hottie too, so I win !

http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2017/05/donald-melania-trump-divorce-papers-signed-but-not-filed-before-election-001718689.html

She even likes to hold my hand

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Straw man[/quote]
    That’ll be no then? Still, at least you’re having fun listing the things Trumpy’s been spending Daddy’s money on. How about freshening it up a bit? You can always add Trump Shuttle, Trump University, Trump Taj Mahal to your list.

CountZero

How many people have successfully become US president despite being all the below:

i) Stupid
    ii) Unpopular
    iii) Crazy
    iv) Dishonest
    Some might say a significant number, after all, Obama became president despite being a colour other than white, not very popular among a significant proportion of the population, Tricky Dicky became president while being pretty much all of the above, except the last…

akira

i) Stupid
    ii) Unpopular
    iii) Crazy
    iv) Dishonest
    You could justifiably argue Trump is every one of those things.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I woke up this morning next to a woman who actually loves me though, shes a hottie too, so I win !

you sure she is not with you JUST for your money 😉

There is no way she is with Trump if he is poor. IMHO. Personally I would not want to wake up next to someone like that however appealing to the eye they may or may not be

YMMV

GrahamS

You could justifiably argue Trump is every one of those things.

I think that was ninfan’s point: Trump can’t be stupid and crazy because he managed to become president despite being stupid and crazy.

What was that catch again Yossarian?

thejesmonddingo

Have I missed something? Has someone found the key to the Troll Box,and let them out again? Ah,bless,it’s all they know.

akira

To be honest Closing Time seems a more appropriate book title to sum up Trump.

jam-bo

Trump is just another pawn. Some very clever people got a stupid rich man elected by manipulating stupid poor people to think he was somehow on their side.

ninfan
    Free Member

Trump is just another pawn. Some very clever people got a stupid rich man elected by manipulating stupid poor people to think he was somehow on their side.

Which would have been so very different from another Clinton winning, of course…

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/julian-assange-clinton-foundation-isis-same-money-saudi-arabia-qatar-funding-a7397211.html

Of course, on the subject of truth, lying and misleading the American public, what do we have as an example!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9e00XUHOhUM[/video]

Northwind

Carl Sagan, 1996:

jam-bo

Which would have been so very different from another Clinton winning, of course…

In some respects I agree, trump won because Clinton was such a poor opposition.

But are you genuinely suggesting that trump is demonstrating himself to be rational, balanced and competent?

Or just trolling.

akira

Donald Trump’s flagship hotel in the nation’s capital has received more than $270,000 in payments from a lobbying firm tried to Saudi Arabia, as the country seeks to overturn a US anti-terrorism law.

maxtorque

akira
    Seeing as he didn’t even know he had to send people to the DOE after his win I’m not sure how he’s managed to renovate anything.

Not to mention that “renovating” a nuclear program isn’t entirely a 6 month job, no matter how much resource you throw at it. Most large scale defense programs take 3, 5, 10 or even 20 years to complete, especially ones involving nuclear weapons……

Junkyard
    Free Member

Or just trolling

always this though if we were all right wing he would be a lefty he does not care he just wants a reaction and he does not believe much of what he posts and he is not that dumb either.

Shame really as he does, unlike chewkw, actually bring something to the table when he, increasingly rarely, tries to debate like a grown up

maccruiskeen

Nah, if he did/does make a pre-emptive strike I think it would be with conventional weapons. Good ol’ shock and awe.

Get with it – ‘Shock and awe’ is now “fire and fury”. Very definitely unconventional weapons, more the realm of wizardry and pyromancy. He’s going to conjurer up Napalm Honey Badgers.

ninfan
    Free Member

Come on then junky – let’s debate then. There’s no debate here, it’s just people calling Trump stupid because they don’t like him, and it makes them feel better

“Trump is stupid”
    Ok, how exactly?
    “Well, because he says stupid things”
    But didn’t saying stupid things get him elected president?
    “Well yeah, but he manipulated millions of stupid people to vote for him”
    Ok, so how exactly is it stupid to manipulate millions of people to vote for you by saying stupid things? Surely doing that is the opposite of stupid, in fact it’s really quite clever.
    “Yeah, but he’s really unpopular, because he’s stupid”
    Right, so is successfully getting elected *despite* being really unpopular, something that a stupid person could achieve, or something that is so ridiculously impossible that only a genius could pull it off?
    “Yeah, but, he inherited his money”
    But there’s plenty of other rich people who are really smart and didn’t become president, plus he still got elected, despite being really unpopular, and spending less than his opponent, how is that something a stupid person could achieve, and if it was, how come a clever person didn’t figure out a way to do it?
    “Yeah, well, Trump is stupid”
    How exactly?

kimbers

Who got him elected ?

Trump’s not the smart one

jam-bo

So, ninfan. How would you describe trump.

ton

not added to this thread, and wont be reading it. so i hope nobody as said what i am thinking now.

JFK was a good man, a fair man or so we are told. he was murdered.
    i think Trump could end up going the same way, killed by the same organisation.

mattyfez

Come on then junky – let’s debate then. There’s no debate here, it’s just people calling Trump stupid because they don’t like him, and it makes them feel better

“Trump is stupid”
    Ok, how exactly?
    “Well, because he says stupid things”
    But didn’t saying stupid things get him elected president?
    “Well yeah, but he manipulated millions of stupid people to vote for him”
    Ok, so how exactly is it stupid to manipulate millions of people to vote for you by saying stupid things? Surely doing that is the opposite of stupid, in fact it’s really quite clever.
    “Yeah, but he’s really unpopular, because he’s stupid”
    Right, so is successfully getting elected *despite* being really unpopular, something that a stupid person could achieve, or something that is so ridiculously impossible that only a genius could pull it off?
    “Yeah, but, he inherited his money”
    But there’s plenty of other rich people who are really smart and didn’t become president, plus he still got elected, despite being really unpopular, and spending less than his opponent, how is that something a stupid person could achieve, and if it was, how come a clever person didn’t figure out a way to do it?
    “Yeah, well, Trump is stupid”
    How exactly?

Trump lacks vision, the only way to secure the future of humanity is to forge alliances, so we all work together and not burn bridges. History teaches this, the EU has taught us this.

How many threats of war have been sabre rattled since WWII within Europe?

How can I go over to Germany and drink beer without getting killed after World War 2? Because we’ve all realised and leaned from past mistakes, and we don’t hold an entire nation accountable forever more because of one rogue government.

GrahamS

The Boris Johnson defence ninfan?

It is possible that Trump is a genius manipulator that is incredibly articulate, but he fakes having the vocabulary limit of an eight year old to make him seem more relatable to the electorate.

It is possible that his every move is carefully considered like a chess grand master and that appearing to be knee-jerk responses to whatever Fox & Friends report is all part of the plan.

It is possible that he is a master orchestrator and appearing to have an administration in a shambles is a cunning ruse.

It is possible that he is incredibly mature and sober and just fakes the vain thin skinned manbaby Twitter rants and playground insults to win over voters.

But I don’t think so.

Viewing 40 posts - 10,521 through 10,560 (of 23,113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.