Viewing 40 posts - 10,481 through 10,520 (of 23,099 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • kimbers

However – the 39% do seem to be immune to facts and incapable of critical thinking..

Down to 33% in the latest polls 538 has 37% and still dropping

Pence is preparing himself for a promotion, as are the real powers behind the reps- the donors Koch brothers etc

akira

I enjoyed the irony on the twitter replies where people complained about biased media but all their facts were from the trump website.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

trump website

Is not MSM fake news with a libcuck/libtard agenda so is therefore 100% truth!

The facts speak for themselves, who can argue with “Won four out of four special election wins”?

batfink
    Free Member

^ I did not enjoy reading the comments….. jesus wept

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well it appears I’m here in utah with the 33%, ignoring the 70 odd percent that think he is dishonest and dont believe what is coming from the white house.

Then there were the attack adds on 2 gop guys going for Congress for not being conservative enough as they had voted for a tax rise and suggested being bipartisan would be a good thing.

That was after the line in a presentation today that people leaving an ED without being seen and going to another one was lost revenue.

Get the feeling things won’t end well.

kimbers

ED?

PJM1974
    Free Member

The whole point of democracy is that society has to work for a majority, otherwise people start voting for an alternative. That right-wing billionaires have to spend a fortune funding various lobby groups is a measure of just how divided and divisive our economic system has become.

That said, Trump is undeniably an idiot but a useful one. I’m equally bothered about Pence becoming president once the shitstorm has subsided.

tomhoward

‘Strengthening relations with the UK’

But, err, won’t come here because the natives might be mean to him…

A lot of bullshit in that list…

13thfloormonk

From list of ‘achievements’:

“Cut wasteful staffing requirements in government saving millions”

Is that what they call ‘being unable to hold onto a communications secretary’? 😀

13thfloormonk

‘Ending tax payer funding for abortion’

Yay… 🙄

GrahamS

ED?

“Emergency Department” I’m guessing.

tomhoward

is that what they call ‘being unable to hold onto a communications secretary’ anyone?

Pretty much

tomhoward

How do you ‘make’ energy?

He appears to have confused ‘planet’ with ‘job’ on the 7th from the top

kimbers

😳

rickmeister

Edit: double post

rickmeister

At the moment this is a worry…

Today: On Tuesday, media reports in the US claimed the North had achieved its goal of making a nuclear warhead small enough to fit inside its missiles.

31st July: Russian deputy foreign minister Sergey Ryabkov played down concerns about North Korea’s nuclear capability after the secret state launched an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) on Friday.

Mr Ryabkov said: “I think we are years and years away from a moment they can weaponise.

Does anyone really have a finger on the pulse, not the button?

ninfan
    Free Member

Been away for a while. Has Trump still not been Impeached then? I thought all you pundits reckoned he would be gone by now.

GrahamS

That’s the measure of success these days: not impeached yet 😆

tomhoward

Has Trump still not been Impeached then?

He’s trying his best but, amongst a great many other things, failing at that too.

kimbers

its only been 8 months ninfan!

the earliest was probably a year

when does Muellers investigation report back?

BoardinBob

Surely, if he has his finger over the big red button, someone has to step in an forcibly remove him. The generals cannot be so blindly loyal to a madman, even the most war hungry.

Realistically North Korea isn’t a threat to the US in any way shape or form. Big deal, they could hit Guam. But the big orange buffoon clearly knows this is a diversionary tactic. Stir up enough anti-NK rhetoric and he looks like the hero and saviour.

But the generals etc around must realise it’s madness. However if they were to remove him from power, the whole house of cards collapses in the US 😐

ninfan
    Free Member

That’s the measure of success these days: not impeached yet

Well, if you really wanted we could talk about how ISIS are getting along at the moment, but, you know 😉

binners

With all this talk of impeachment, difficult to believe though it may be, what comes after could actually be worse 😯
    Mike Pence

kimbers

Stir up enough anti-NK rhetoric and he looks like the hero and saviour.

Trumps approval has sunk to new lows, hes now losing support in his base, he promised that NK would never reach get this tech.

now his paper thin orange skin has been prickled he knows is looking more foolish by the day.

russia (military supplies), singapore (where Kim gets his luxuries) the middle east (NK workers send 1/2bn a yr home from them) & especially china (laundered $2bn for NK & supplied his military) flouting the sanctions for years.

Assuming war is not the answer
    Sanctions didnt work with Iran, it has to be dialogue?

Is Trump smart smart enough to see that?

BoardinBob

He’s not smart enough to use scissors without adult supervision

akira

They’ve given him the garage door opener so no chance of him pressing the red button.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Sanctions did work with Iran. That’s why they eventually came back to the negotiating table and signed the nuclear deal. The sanctions against Iran were far tougher than the sanctions against North Korea.

kimbers

wwpaddler – Member
    Sanctions did work with Iran.

yes youre right, have to be enforced though

that means russia, china etc have to play nice

mt
    Free Member

All this calling Trump stupid, remember he got in the Whitehouse and is Mr President. Do not underestimate him or those around him, just because it all looks dysfunctional (and it may be) plays into your own view of him and what those who surround him want you to think. Mean while there is lot going on While we are distracted by the headlines.
    It all looks a bit George Bush Jr to me and he served two terms. Get a war started and you are in for the next term as the US never dumps the commander in chief while at war (mostly). I’m not supporter of Trump but what concerns me are those that are behind him and the Republican Party who can’t wait to take over from him. Koch brothers anyone?

akira

Most people are doubting trump’s intelligence purely due to what he’s said and what he’s done. That seems like a fair way to judge someone.

jolmes
    Free Member

Get a war started and you are in for the next term as the US never dumps the commander in chief while at war (mostly)

Only issue with trump starting a war, its most likely going to be nuclear and pretty certain that the POTUS let alone the US would be around in 4 years time if that happened. He’s already said hes not scared of pressing that big red button. Is he maniacal enough to preemptively launch a nuclear attack on NK?

binners

Being stupid – which he clearly is – is probably the least worrying of his character flaws.

Its a selection of his other ones that are going to lead us all down the road to nuclear Armageddon

GrahamS

Nah, if he did/does make a pre-emptive strike I think it would be with conventional weapons. Good ol’ shock and awe.

kimbers

Pubic hearings in September

also

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/fbi-conducted-predawn-raid-of-former-trump-campaign-chairman-manaforts-home/2017/08/09/5879fa9c-7c45-11e7-9d08-b79f191668ed_story.html?utm_term=.43ce0478612a

Im willing to bet Trump is going to be playing on his ‘supide’ persona when he denies all knowledge of his campaign getting help from Putin

ninfan
    Free Member

Most people are doubting trump’s intelligence purely due to what he’s said and what he’s done.

Given that ‘what he’s done’ includes getting elected to the presidency of the United States of USA, despite the entire system and being stacked against him (and being, like, so unpopular with the electorate), then doesn’t that mean that he’s at least as intelligent as Obama?

nickc

doesn’t that mean he’s at least as intelligent as Obama?

1/10 for effort. The trolling round here is really poor these days.

Pieface

Look at the test results of their KN-17 missile over the last year, 1 success out of 4 failures. Means that they’re doing something right. I’m also guessing that the rate at which they improve their technology increases over time, so how long before the likes of the KN-08 become workable missiles?

Scary, theoretically India and Australie are already in range. Ok they may not be nuclear warheads, but who knows what else he may have at his disposal?

jam-bo

i think 2016 will be looked back on by historians as peak stupid.

kimbers

Given that ‘what he’s done’ includes getting elected to the presidency of the United States of USA,

with a little bit of help, da?

infact

ninfan
    Free Member

with a little bit of help

So, even if it was true, using ‘help’ in order to become POTUS (as opposed to, well, not being POTUS) is somehow ‘stupid’ is it?

What are your other definitions of stupid? If being a billionaire, owning a skyscraper, your own jet and marrying a sports illustrated model is ‘stupid’ then all I can say is bring it on!

You’re trapped in a the cath 22 of your own argument – if he was ‘stupid’ then he wouldn’t have had the desire or ability to manipulate the system and told (stupid?) people what they wanted to hear in order to get elected.

Viewing 40 posts - 10,481 through 10,520 (of 23,099 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.