Viewing 40 posts - 10,321 through 10,360 (of 23,038 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • Northwind

But what does Past Donald Trump think about changing chiefs of staff?

You know how people say they’re their own worst critic? Here it’d be true if it weren’t for all the people that literally want to assasinate him

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Reminds me of dead ringers.
    Sean Sean Sean…. There is somebody pretending to be me tweeting bad things about me….

Lifer
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

Presumably he’s now not going to give permits to drill in the ANWR – every cloud

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/25/investing/alaska-arctic-oil-drilling-trump-anwr/index.html

CountZero

Here’s a nice depressing read about what’s happening to the actual machinery of government..

**** me sideways! 😯
    I’ve just spent the last hour or so reading the whole of that article, and it’s one of the most terrifying things I’ve read in God knows how long.
    There are global consequences involved, and the overgrown toddler ‘running’ the country just sticks his fingers in his ears and goes “lalalalalalalalalala…”
    Someone, just impeach the sonofabitch now, for the sake of the civilised world.

Houns

Can you summarise it for us?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Summary?
    The Trump teams going in into departments and agencies have no clue, don’t want to listen and probably just want to get rid of the leftie/snowflakes/scientists/thinkers before they start complaining about the idiotic ideas being put forward.

Totally unfit and unprepared for the task of running a government, underprepared and unwilling to accept help from outside of the circle.

Zero real understanding of what a government actually does and why it’s needed.

whitestone
    Free Member

See my post about Air Force one.

Basically none of the Trump camp have security clearance to take over the running of the DOE. The policies they want to put in place ignore practicalities like nuclear inspection and safety. Budgets being cut, or proposed in safety, investment, research.

They are wilfully ignorant of what is required, i.e. it’s not just that they don’t know, they don’t want to know as that knowledge will expose their ignorance. Those approaching the DOE didn’t want to know about how to run it but wanted to know the names of members of staff who were supporters of policies the Trump camp disagreed with.

It’s definitely worth reading. In fact make the time to read it.

Be afraid, very afraid.

johnx2
    Free Member

summary?

in the states a change of administration means a change in a lot of the civil servants (unlike here where it’s just ministers and a handful of special advisors who leave and a new bunch come in. So in the US the months between the election outcome and inaurguration of a new pres are crucial for the new team to get up to speed, and learn how the system works. Much of what government does is not that political but can be pretty technical – combating the spead of zika virus say, or securing supplies of nulear materials.

So in the energy dept they’d cleared office space for the new senior team, to ensure a smooth transition. And no one came…

metalheart
    Free Member

That Vanity Fair article is a depressing read. Who knew the DOE could be so hard?

The thing missing from summaries above is that the Trumpettes dont want to speak to the career civil servants because, obviously they cant be trusted and therefore they have no direction hence nothing is getting done…. And nuclear safety (amongst other things) is at risk…

The handover is always problematic but Trumpettes either haven’t sufficient security clearance or don’t turn up. And don’t ask questions If they do…

CountZero

Can you summarise it for us?

As Trump might say…

dovebiker

That VF article is fairly damning – appears they’re hell-bent on ‘draining the swamp’ including the closure of Government departments they have no clue actually what they do – things like nuclear safety!

rs
    Free Member

And yet, people just seem to be letting it happen, ridiculous! I’m not sure why this isn’t headline news rather than a vanity fair article.

maccruiskeen

Last Leg just reported that Trump has fired Priebus

Surely there must be a finite supply of arseholes. There seem to be no jobs on offer, just a turn to take at being blamed for something, slandered and then fired.

Maybe this whole thing is really a conspiracy to bankrupt SNL by exhausting their costume and wig budget.

maccruiskeen

And yet, people just seem to be letting it happen, ridiculous! I’m not sure why this isn’t headline news rather than a vanity fair article.

Headline news is restricted by space and time. There isn’t room in the news for all this shit, news papers don’t have enough pages and news bulletins don’t have enough time.

onehundredthidiot

Scaramucci’s wife divorcing him over his naked ambition to be in trumps government. Wtf he must have been a bastard before but this is too much.

see ya

CountZero

I wonder how many Americans realise just how much Trump has cost them personally in security and travel:
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/344369-guarding-trumps-mar-a-lago-club-has-cost-taxpayers-66-million-report
    That link is slightly misleading, it’s $6.6million, not $66million, but even so, Trump is costing the US Coastguard a huge amount of money, when it’s over a billion dollars behind in funding.
    Now, if only he’d go for a stroll one dark night and stumble across a large ‘gator… 😈

kimbers
    piemonster

I do wonder if there was a lot of threats of resignations if he stayed in post.

Utter chaos, it’s cringeworthy just to watch.

kimbers

I suspect the bannon sucking his own cock comment was probably a big factor

Northwind

vinnyeh

You couldn’t make it up-

Outgoing White House press secretary Spicer confirmed Scaramucci’s departure in a statement on Monday afternoon.

“Anthony Scaramucci will be leaving his role as White House Communications Director,” Spicer said. “Mr. Scaramucci felt it was best to give Chief of Staff John Kelly a clean slate and the ability to build his own team. We wish him all the best.”

Spicer still around- there’s now a leavers queue. 😆 😆

tomhoward

Spicer still around- there’s now a leavers queue. 😆

Nah, working his notice, he wants a good reference…

kimbers

I love that Trump is tarnishing the reputation of every rightwing scumbag that latches onto him

GrahamS
    chewkw
    Free Member

The question is does the sacking of Scaramucci delight the media or the opponents? 😆

piemonster

Nope, the question is how much governmental functionality remains in the WH.

The US appears to be flying on autopilot. Which to be fair is sound testament to some robust bureaucratic institutions operating in the face of such top level incompetence.

oldnpastit

Chewkw – member
    The question is does the sacking of Scaramucci delight the media or the opponents?

Trump down to 39% for the first time with that Trump-favouring Rasmussen poll:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jul31

EDIT: Wait, what, he really has been sacked? I thought that was just a joke from a combination of Newsthump and Chewkw, but no, it really does seem to be true. 😯

chewkw
    Free Member

piemonster – Member
    Nope, the question is how much governmental functionality remains in the WH.

Do you foresee a collapse of govt like in Iraq or the middle east or are people over exaggerating? 😀

The US appears to be flying on autopilot. Which to be fair is sound testament to some robust bureaucratic institutions operating in the face of such top level incompetence.

You have just contradicted your first point don’t you think so with robust bureaucracy? That’s the problem innit. The system now challenges (refuse to change as in all entrench bureaucracy) the democratic leadership. Nobody elect the system but the system is trying to dictate to the people. A bit like the “rise of the machine” (The Terminator) innit.

oldnpastit – Member

Chewkw – member
    The question is does the sacking of Scaramucci delight the media or the opponents?

Trump down to 39% for the first time with that Trump-favouring Rasmussen poll:[/quote]

39% what does that mean? Media and opponents’ delight? 😛

13thfloormonk

Outgoing White House press secretary Spicer confirmed Scaramucci’s departure in a statement on Monday afternoon.

“Anthony Scaramucci will be leaving his role as White House Communications Director,” Spicer said. “Mr. Scaramucci felt it was best to give Chief of Staff John Kelly a clean slate and the ability to build his own team. We wish him all the best.”

Hilarious if true, unfortunately The Guardian is reporting Huckabee-Sanders said that.

oldnpastit

Chewkw – member
    39% what does that mean? Media and opponents’ delight?

Here you go Chewy:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 39% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Sixty-one percent (61%) disapprove.

So, almost two-thirds of US voters think he’s useless.

GrahamS

Scaramucci was just a poor boy from a poor family. So spare him his life from this monstrosity.

Easy come, easy go.

chewkw
    Free Member

oldnpastit – Member
    So, almost two-thirds of US voters thing he’s useless.

Does that mean media and opponents’ delight?

Remember the poll before the Presidency election All pointed against President Trump winning? That’s poll for you. Absolutely meaningless. 😆

Now back to the question. Media and opponents delight? 😛

EDIT: Wait, what, he really has been sacked? I thought that was just a joke from a combination of Newsthump and Chewkw, but no, it really does seem to be true.

Are you delighted with the surprise? 😆

kimbers

Scaramucci was just a poor boy from a poor family. So spare him his life from this monstrosity.

Easy come, easy go.

Ratings high, ratings low
    How bannon gets his blows, doesn’t really matter to me,to meeeeee

GrahamS

Back to the question. Media and opponents delight?

As usual I’m not entirely sure I understand your question, but…

Given that Scaramucci had only been in the job for ten days and had already provided the media with juicy stories about his messy divorce and calling Bannon a **** sucker. I’d imagine they will be sorry to see him go, but safe in the knowledge that further cluster****ery will undoubtedly follow.

Political opponents: well who knows? I imagine they enjoy watching the Trump administration flounder around, but worry for the actual country.

Superficial
    Free Member

I am delighted. He was clearly an ass and his only role in the whole trump (Saga/Debacle/Catastrophe/Impeachment proceedings – delete as appropriate) was to highlight how inept the whole operation is.

It seems you’re also delighted

chewkw – Member
    😆

Turns out everyone can agree on something. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Come and have a hug Chewy.

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

Back to the question. Media and opponents delight?

As usual I’m not entirely sure I understand your question, but…[/quote]
    Not a trick question. 🙄

Do you think the media and the opponents(political etc) are delighted with the sacking?

Political opponents: well who knows? I imagine they enjoy watching the Trump administration flounder around, but worry for the actual country.

That’s a bit of a contradiction don’t you think so? Flounder & worry for the country? 😆

GrahamS

Counter question chewkw: do you still stand by your analysis that Trump will serve at least eight years, possibly more?

Never underestimate the stupidity of the people, but I just can’t imagine who would still be lining up for these Whitehouse jobs after seven more years of this.

chewkw
    Free Member

Superficial – Member
    I am delighted. He was clearly an ass and his only role in the whole trump (Saga/Debacle/Catastrophe/Impeachment proceedings – delete as appropriate) was to highlight how inept the whole operation is.

I am not sure the true reasons behind the sacking but like all jobs you need to fit in. If not then there is a reason to part company.

So are you delighted because he is a political opponent or simply because he could not fit into his job?

It seems you’re also delighted

Actually, I was just about to catch up with politics from all over the world, so not sure what to make of Scaramucci except listened to his two interviews.

Turns out everyone can agree on something. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Come and have a hug Chewy.

Does that mean you will now agree with me? 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    Counter question chewkw: do you still stand by your analysis that Trump will serve at least eight years, possibly more?

Yes. Eight years.

The reason is that the world politic is changing and heading for alternative direction. The current (democrat/liberal/leftie etc) political ideology has stagnated and no longer fit the future … it is the beginning … 😛

Never underestimate the stupidity of the people, but I just can’t imagine who would still be lining up for these Whitehouse jobs after seven more years of this.

Both sides? Who?

Viewing 40 posts - 10,321 through 10,360 (of 23,038 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.