• This topic has 23,116 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 5 hours ago by thols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 9,881 through 9,920 (of 23,117 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • GrahamS

Drain the swamp here we come …

I thought “draining the swamp” was about corruption and stuff?

We have testimony of the President asking the Director of the FBI to pledge loyalty and drop an ongoing investigation because it is politically embarrassing for him. An investigation that he may yet be tied up in. And then apparently sacking him for not complying.

Doesn’t that seem just a little bit “swampy” to you??

Junkyard
    Free Member

Graham why – did you learn nothing debating with flat earthers?

aracer
    Free Member

cite

akira

That’s not how you spell it aracer.

theotherjonv

@junkyard

Go on mime those thoughts to me and post up the video

I agree, it’s not black and white, the point is that to get the full meaning you need all three. And depending on the subject, then I agree the ratios vary (no-one wants an instruction manual for servicing their car that’s based on mime)

But as counter:

I hope I don’t meet you in a dark alley

as words on a page – am i scared of you or threatening you? Because it could be either, but I’d bet I could effectively mime which it is without words or tone of voice; I could also convey it in a phone call.

etc.

Anyway; Trumpy-pants-on-fire. The director of the FBI says so and I know who i trust more.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I thought “draining the swamp” was about corruption and stuff?

Yes, but he’s easily confused.

jam-bo

If trump came out a tweeted ‘black is actually white’ I reckon ninfan and chewkw would fall in line.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    ninfan » all the false claims being made by the lying Leftie media, politicians and hysterical SJW’s

cite

Yes, please do. You wouldn’t want to be accused of texting a load of stupid guff, would you.

Oh, wait…

GrahamS

Anyway; Trumpy-pants-on-fire. The director of the FBI says so and I know who i trust more.

Ah don’t forget that Comey is a Leftie Libtard Snowflake Cuck (or something), though that does make you wonder why he derailed Clinton by publicly reopening the email investigation a couple of days before the election.

ninfan
    Free Member

We have testimony of the President asking the Director of the FBI to pledge loyalty and drop an ongoing investigation

No we don’t

Go on, write down down what Comey says he actually said, rather than your ‘interpretation’ of what you think he meant – I dare you

GrahamS

Go on, write down down what Comey says he actually said, rather than your ‘interpretation’ of what you think he meant – I dare you

Sure.. here you go, taken from Comey’s released testimony letter:

The President and I had dinner on Friday, January 27 at 6:30 pm in the Green Room at the White House.
    It turned out to be just the two of us, seated at a small oval table in the center of the Green Room.
    The President began by asking me whether I wanted to stay on as FBI Director, which I found strange because he had already told me twice in earlier conversations that he hoped I would stay..
    My instincts told me that the one-on-one setting, and the pretense that this was our first discussion about my position, meant the dinner was, at least in part, an effort to have me ask for my job and create some sort of patronage relationship. That concerned me greatly, given the FBI’s traditionally independent status in the executive branch.
    A few moments later, the President said, “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.” I didn’t move, speak, or change my facial expression in any way during the awkward silence that followed.
    Near the end of our dinner, the President returned to the subject of my job, saying he was very glad I wanted to stay, adding that he had heard great things about me from Jim Mattis, Jeff Sessions, and many others. He then said, “I need loyalty.” I replied, “You will always get honesty from me.” He paused and then said, “That’s what I want, honest loyalty.”
    President began by saying, “I want to talk about Mike Flynn.” Flynn had resigned the previous day.
    The President then returned to the topic of Mike Flynn, saying, “He is a good guy and has been through a lot.” He repeated that Flynn hadn’t done anything wrong on his calls with the Russians, but had misled the Vice President. He then said, “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”
    the President called me at the FBI. He described the Russia investigation as “a cloud” that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country. He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia. He asked what we could do to “lift the cloud.”
    I explained that we had briefed the leadership of Congress on exactly which individuals we were investigating and that we had told those Congressional leaders that we were not personally investigating President Trump. I reminded him I had previously told him that. He repeatedly told me, “We need to get that fact out.” (I did not tell the President that the FBI and the Department of Justice had been reluctant to make public statements that we did not have an open case on President Trump for a number of reasons, most importantly because it would create a duty to correct, should that change.)
    the President called me and asked what I had done about his request that I “get out” that he is not personally under investigation. I replied that I had passed his request to the Acting Deputy Attorney General, but I had not heard back. He replied that “the cloud” was getting in the way of his ability to do his job. He said that perhaps he would have his people reach out to the Acting Deputy Attorney General. I said that was the way his request should be handled. I said the White House Counsel should contact the leadership of DOJ to make the request, which was the traditional channel.

He said he would do that and added, “Because I have been very loyal to you, very loyal; we had that thing you know.” I did not reply or ask him what he meant by “that thing.”

All seems pretty good stuff to me.

kimbers

Trump said to him he hoped he would let the flynn investigation go

Which can be a threat eg ‘You’ve got a nice shop here hope it doesn’t burn down’ and has legal precedence for being used to convict people , so there’s hope 😉 yet

akira

Here you go.

“He then said, ‘I need loyalty.’ I replied, ‘You will always get honesty from me.’ He paused and then said, ‘That’s what I want, honest loyalty.’ I paused, and then said, ‘You will get that from me.'”

Comey also confirmed in his written testimony that Trump directly asked him to “let go” of the investigation into deposed national security adviser Michael Flynn. Quoting Trump, Comey writes of the Feb. 14 meeting in the Oval Office: “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

nealglover
    Free Member

Such a bold challenge!!!……

…..Which has met by everyone 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

@ jon yes they can all matter i just despair when folk put so little meaning to the actual words

However as you note it can all depend as with mockery and sarcasm where it is largely all tone but most folk dont use them constantly [ except on STW ]

theotherjonv

So we have on one side the exact words with none of the other (87% or whatever it is) contextualisation by body language and tone; and on the other the testimony of the person to whom it was said and was the only other person there. And Trump’s defence (or rather, him getting his son to tweet as his schill) is that he ‘only said hope’.

In the end, comes down to who we believe is more trustworthy.

Trump and his camp are not stupid, their words are deliberately chosen to be opaque, but again – quacking ducks, frankly.

ninfan
    Free Member

So, like I said:

asking the Director of the FBI to pledge loyalty

“I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.”
    “I need loyalty.”
    “That’s what I want, honest loyalty.”

So where did Trump actually ask him to pledge loyalty as claimed? Oh, dear, #fakenews

and drop an ongoing investigation

“I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

SO where did Trump actually ask him to drop the investigation as claimed? Oh, dear more #fakenews

mikey74
    Free Member

So, like I said:

asking the Director of the FBI to pledge loyalty
    “I need loyalty, I expect loyalty.”
    “I need loyalty.”
    “That’s what I want, honest loyalty.”

So where did Trump actually ask him to pledge loyalty as claimed? Oh, dear, #fakenews

and drop an ongoing investigation
    “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go. He is a good guy. I hope you can let this go.”

SO where did Trump actually ask him to drop the investigation as claimed? Oh, dear #fakenews

Wow! Just…. wow! You really are that deluded.

theotherjonv

@ jon yes they can all matter i just despair when folk put so little meaning to the actual words

I don’t disagree, and maybe the graphic is misleading. It is possible to convey (simple) stuff with just body language and mime but anything of any complexity you definitely need the words and ideally need all three. It’s why I encourage my team to at worst pick up the phone and speak to people, at best go and see people (not always possible in remote offices) – but always if it’s a ‘details’ discussion follow it up with an email or ‘memo’ so you have a true record of what was discussed / agreed afterwards.

Which broadly is what Comey has done, albeit without giving the Don chance to read and counter the notes (with obvious reason)

ninfan
    Free Member

Before you all have a paddy talking about semantics – just remember that you lot were the ones defending Jezza after he claimed he never met the IRA, He only met Sinn-Fein 😆

Edit:

just despair when folk put so little meaning to the actual words

Quite 😉

BoardinBob

So the bit you seem to have missed out is that Comey also confirmed that Trump himself wasn’t actually being investigated over ties with Russia

Actually what he said was Trump wasn’t being directly investigated. He could still be part of the wider investigation

GrahamS

Pitysake ninfan it really is amazing the lengths you will go to.

In summary, he had a private dinner with Comey, asked him if he like his job and wanted to keep it, told him he needed and expected loyalty, told him “I hope you can see your way clear to letting this go, to letting Flynn go.”

And then when Comey didn’t do that, he was sacked.

That doesn’t sound even slightly dodgy to you? Really?

just remember that you lot were the ones defending Jezza after he claimed he never met the IRA, He only met Sinn-Fein

Nope I never did that. #fakenews.

mikey74
    Free Member

just remember that you lot were the ones defending Jezza after he claimed he never met the IRA, He only met Sinn-Fein

No one’s denying that. They just pointed out your hypocrisy when, your hero, Thatcher was entertaining members of the IRA as well, and it was a necessary part of the process.

Anyway, we digress: Back to your deluded obsession with Trump…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Pitysake ninfan it really is amazing the lengths you will go to.

no he will go to any length whilst you folk feed him

His only desire is to get a response he knows what he is saying is BS he just likes to defend the indefensible to rile some lefties and they just play along as if they can get some sort of epiphany from him

Shame is he is clearly quite able to have a coherent debate if he wanted to.

jambalaya
    Free Member

We have testimony of the President asking the Director of the FBI to pledge loyalty and drop an ongoing investigation

No we don’t. All members of the Government and the agencies pledge allegence to the flag and the USA. That’s the required loyalty.

Trump, through his lawyer, has hit back hard as Chewy said he would

[video]https://youtu.be/wAGMmZBgGIA[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not sure it was that hard to predict that trump was not going to be contrite

All members of the Government and the agencies pledge allegence to the flag and the USA. That’s the required loyalty.

He asked if he had his loyalty not if the country did .
    I expect even you can see the difference.

maxtorque

Jeez, DTs personal lawyer is no public speaker is he……

All i heard was a guy spouting yet more endless weasel words in an effort to twist and distract. No surprises there eh!

piemonster

Have you read the letter from the Predisents lawyer yet? . .

Junkyard
    Free Member

no but thanks for the link 😛

https://www.vox.com/2017/6/8/15763286/trump-lawyer-response-comey-hearing

Its like much of what Trump does partisan to the extent it is deeply misleading if not quite crossed the line to be complete and utter lies

They were rather selective on what they said about the director who dd of course call the Predisent[sic] a liar

the only issue here is how much damage he does to the republican party who seem to be prepared to prop a man who gained power with the fewest votes, colluded with the Russians to some degree who helped him get onto power and seems to have only a fleeting grasp pf integrity, diplomacy, honesty and consistency

The longer he stays the more damage he does to them. Currently it may all be below the water line but it is going to really hurt them in the long run that their loyalty was to their party and not to their country

piemonster

Scotrail WiFi doesn’t offer the luxury of reliability

akira

Trumps lawyer has done as expected and taken some of the words Comey said and rearranged them into something less catastrophic for Trump.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It was meant as a playful dig but had corbyn won you would have 100MB by now

piemonster

To be fair I understood the nature of your response.

But as I was still on the train….

ninfan
    Free Member

The Solar Powered Wall

[video]https://youtu.be/lTQawCff87A[/video]

Trump Win 😀

slowoldman

Surely if the Mexicans are paying for it they will own all the electricity.

piemonster

Nice fence, I’m sure the federal employees will appreciate their pension money being spent on it.

kimbers

That’s genius, gonna be facing south though obviously, will they have to build a 2nd wall to protect it ?

I’m sure there’s no way the Mexicans would do anything bad to it like spray
    Piss cock trump on the side?

Someone hasn’t thought this through….

piemonster

To be fair, they mentioned in the video the fact that it’s a fence makes it resistant to graffiti.

maxtorque

Just when you think it couldn’t get any stupider eh…… 😆

“The wall would now pay for itself”

er, no, no it wouldn’t. What it will do is push the cost of the wall up by probably a factor of 10, and the limited area and poor insolation (hint, how many solar panels do you see on walls?) could never provide a positive return, and that’s before you factor in having to put in place transmission infrastructure to get that power to any actual consumers.

#jumpedtheshark i’m afraid.

kimbers

Trumps interview today, most rattled I’ve seen him claiming he’d testify under oath be what comey said

Viewing 40 posts - 9,881 through 9,920 (of 23,117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.