• This topic has 23,115 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 5 hours ago by Coyote.
Viewing 40 posts - 9,601 through 9,640 (of 23,116 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • joat

Politics? The President is a politician.

A bit like Hitler was.

slowoldman

Well OK just for you I’ll repeat the previous post

“In his gifts, the pope seemed eager to impart a lesson. He gave the president a copy of his most recent World Day of Peace message (“I signed it personally for you,” Francis said), as well as three of his writings: on the family, the joy of the Gospel, and, most tellingly for a recipient who has called climate change a hoax, “Laudato Si’: On Care for Our Common Home.” Written in 2015, it is the first papal encyclical focused solely on the environment”.

Does that give you a clue what the issue is which Trump needs educating on?

Houns

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    Written in 2015, it is the first papal encyclical focused solely on the environment”.

Does that give you a clue what the issue is which Trump needs educating on?

Environment? The President has his own views.

In fact some of me highly qualified friends (they have Phds) even argued that we might still be in the process of coming out from ice age …

Houns – Member

That’s good that, I like! 😛

mattyfez

The last time I noticed NASA is still in Murica.

I think NASA dropped the ball a few years back, not nessesarily thier own fault but when you look at private enterprises such as space x, NASA look like they are more than a little on the back foot.

slowoldman

In fact some of me highly qualified friends (they have Phds)

What in? Hairdressing?

twistedpencil

Your special friends, do they have PhD’s in climatology? If so they are in an absolute minority in their field.

Most of your brainfarts I usually ignore. I know realise there is no point in engaging with such a blunt tool…

Enjoy your bubble.

metalheart
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member

What in? Hairdressing?
    I’m guessing AI…. And that it’s a ‘work in progress’…

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member

What in? Hairdressing? [/quote] I think science and engineering something like that … 😛

I made the mistake by saying we were all going to die from global warming etc so they gave me a piece of their views … I ain’t arguing with them lot put it this way. If they say we are coming out of ice age … so be it … 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

mattyfez – Member

The last time I noticed NASA is still in Murica.

I think NASA dropped the ball a few years back, not nessesarily thier own fault but when you look at private enterprises such as space x, NASA look like they are more than a little on the back foot. [/quote] They are still ahead in terms of science so whatever replace NASA they are still very much ahead of the game … 😀

chewkw
    Free Member

twistedpencil – Member
    Your special friends, do they have PhD’s in climatology? If so they are in an absolute minority in their field.

I don’t know perhaps some do but I ain’t arguing with them. Do you have friend(s) with PhD in climatology? If not then you are not better than me but if yes then ask them to argue with other scientists … 😀

Most of your brainfarts I usually ignore. I know realise there is no point in engaging with such a blunt tool…

oh c’mon … 😛

Enjoy your bubble.

😮

rs
    Free Member

In fact some of me highly qualified friends (they have Phds) even argued that we might still be in the process of coming out from ice age …

Well… we’ve almost gotten rid of all of it, few more years should do it and we’ll be out! yeah us!

chewkw
    Free Member

rs – Member

Well… we’ve almost gotten rid of all of it, few more years should do it and we’ll be out! yeah us! [/quote] Perhaps that’s just a natural cycle of things? Can we stop the earth spinning? 😛

GrahamS

If they say we are coming out of ice age … so be it …

Someone should probably tell the world’s climatologists about ice ages.

Bet they’ll be relieved. 🙄

Perhaps that’s just a natural cycle of things?

Oh and natural cycles too. It’s amazing these climatologists who have spent a lifetime studying this stuff have never considered that the earth is spinning.

mattyfez

They are still ahead in terms of science

Oh dear, space-X are on the verge of commercially viable reusable rockets.

NASA are fire and forget, considering how crazy expensive the hardware is, what does that tell you about who’s ahead?

ninfan
    Free Member

Your special friends, do they have PhD’s in climatology?

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jC_-r-J69qA[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

I’m guessing AI…. And that it’s a ‘work in progress’…

😆

Never understood why anyone bothers to engage with him it not even a stream of consciousness but its definitely a stream 🙄

chewkw
    Free Member

mattyfez – Member

Oh dear, space-X are on the verge of commercially viable reusable rockets.

NASA are fire and forget, considering how crazy expensive the hardware is, what does that tell you about who’s ahead? [/quote]

I am referring to Murica (as a nation) ahead in terms of science not the individual programme coz both (NASA & SpaceX) are still Muricans. 😛

somafunk

The republicans Health Care Plan aka Trumpcare looks like being a resounding success, after all they’ve only had 8 years to come up with up with an alternative to obamacare so I guess they should be commended for this almighty cockup.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

More problems…

WASHINGTON — American spies collected information last summer revealing that senior Russian intelligence and political officials were discussing how to exert influence over Donald J. Trump through his advisers, according to three current and former American officials familiar with the intelligence.

The conversations focused on Paul Manafort, the Trump campaign chairman at the time, and Michael T. Flynn, a retired general who was advising Mr. Trump, the officials said. Both men had indirect ties to Russian officials, who appeared confident that each could be used to help shape Mr. Trump’s opinions on Russia.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/us/politics/russia-trump-manafort-flynn.html

WASHINGTON — A bill to dismantle the Affordable Care Act that narrowly passed the House this month would increase the projected number of people without health insurance by 14 million next year and by 23 million in 2026, the Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday. That 10-year figure is slightly less than originally estimated.

It would reduce the federal deficit by $119 billion over a decade, less than the $150 billion in savings projected in late March for an earlier version of the bill. And in states that seek waivers from rules mandating essential health coverage, the new law could make insurance economically out of reach for some sick consumers.

“Premiums would vary significantly according to health status and the types of benefits provided, and less healthy people would face extremely high premiums,” the budget office concluded.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/24/us/politics/cbo-congressional-budget-office-health-care.html

Everything he touches turns to?

piemonster

Never understood why anyone bothers to engage with him it not even a stream of consciousness but its definitely a stream

Go easy junky, it’s hard to translate binary code to Russian to English.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I can’t believe that we’re still having to debate climate science, given the overwhelming consensus amongst the scientific community.

But Trump meeting the pope is absolute comedy gold. Even as a staunch atheist, I’ve a huge amount of respect for Pope Frank.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I can’t believe that we’re still having to debate climate science, given the overwhelming consensus amongst the scientific community.

the simple explanation of this is a fear of change and a lot of people have a lot of money invested in coal and oil. The debate is really about money.

akira

But we’ve had anecdotal second hand claptrap from some non climate scientists from stw’s own crackpot member, so I think that disproves the whole global warming thing.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yup. There are a lot of “experts” out there like Nigel Lawson (who last time I checked had no background in physics or climate science), Donald Trump (ditto), plus a myriad other people who have no expertise in the field yet aren’t short of an opinion.

Plus, an awful lot of money is being spent attempting to debunk climate change.

GrahamS

But we’ve had anecdotal second hand claptrap from some non climate scientists from stw’s own crackpot member, so I think that disproves the whole global warming thing.

But we’ve also had the President of the United States explain that “global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive” and that climate change is “nonsense” and “bullshit”.

And said “crackpot member” seems to believe everything the president says without question.

martinhutch

I’ve internally cancelled that out by noting how warm it is out there today. So no harm done.

Took me more than a couple of glances to even spot what was wrong with that picture. Which tells you something about the company Trump normally keeps.

keithr
    Free Member

Well, to the extent that millions of Septics think that Creationism is a “science”, you’re probably right…

DrJ

We’re not debating it – chewy is spouting his usual random nonsense and some people have made the mistake of encouraging him by responding.

akira

If that was a family photo Trump would be the black sheep.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Houns 🙂

It’s absolutely clear someone in the US Security services is leaking this Manchester bombing info to embarrass Trump. Disgraceful.

GrahamS

It’s absolutely clear someone in the US Security services is leaking this Manchester bombing info to embarrass Trump. Disgraceful.

Really? Conspiracy much?

For the record, Lord Blair, ex-head of the Metropolitan Police, was on the Today programme this morning saying it “reminds me exactly of what happened after 7/7 when the United States published a complete picture of the way the bombs in 7/7 had been made up. And we had the same protests. It’s a different world in which the United States operates, in the sense of how they publish things and.. ..this is a grevious breach but I’m afraid it’s the same as before.”

He also said: “nothing to do with Trump”.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p053xlmf

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nobody in the US Security Services needs to leak anything to embarrass trump unless Twitter goes down.

Recent own goals…
    Not working out how to act near his loving wife
    I believe Priebus was quoted as saying Trump was exhausted in Saudi hence mixing words up – exhausted after a flight on probably one of the nicest planes in the world?
    Letting the Russians take the pics inside the white house so they could publish them?
    His definitely not Israel comment about the intel source that he told the Russians that wasn’t even answering the question he was asked?
    Today he gets to try and stand with NATO, I expect that to be a very hostile meeting to the point somebody probably has some nice charts to explain how he is completely wrong on funding and what NATO does.
    Meanwhile said chief of staff is off back to Washington after the last round of inquiry into Russian collusion got worse.

nickc

the US Security services is leaking this Manchester bombing info to embarrass Trump. Disgraceful.

Honestly, Trump doesn’t need the security services to do that for him, he manages all by himself.

DrJ

Lord Blair, ex-head of the Metropolitan Police

But jamba says different. Who are you gonna trust?

somafunk

It’s absolutely clear someone in the US Security services is leaking this Manchester bombing info to take the pressure off Trumps failure as a President.

Fixed that for you,

BoardinBob

To be fair, he is 70 years old and I doubt he’s particularly healthy living

keithr
    Free Member

It’s absolutely clear

Evidence, please? Nothing’s “absolutely clear” without proof.

(I expect to be waiting a while…)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

To be fair, he is 70 years old and I doubt he’s particularly healthy living

the point being he made a huge deal of the weakness of every other candidate and the fact they would be unfit for being president. It was a blatant own goal, before you never admit that the President is weak.

keithr
    Free Member

he is 70 years old and I doubt he’s particularly healthy living

A cause for hope, here in the civilised world…

Viewing 40 posts - 9,601 through 9,640 (of 23,116 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.