Viewing 40 posts - 8,561 through 8,600 (of 23,072 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was just reading a story about a woman how voted for Trump and now her husband is being deported.

Apparently she thought he was going to crack down on the other illegal immigrants (because he said so).

US immigration laws haven’t changed since Trump became US president, although their application might now signal a tougher approach. Still, Trump needs to get his finger out if he wants to match Obama’s record – Obama deported 2.7 million people from the US, more than any other US president in history.

Trump would never live it down if he deported less people than Obama.

colournoise

mattyfez – Member
    Is chewk a Russian botnet? we might be experiencing first real AI.

I was with you until the “I” bit…

:mrgreen:

frankconway

It’s Friday so it’s golf time in Trumptown.
    **** everyone and everything – I’m out of here for the weekend; some bunch of chumps – US electorate – will pick up the costs.
    He’s a complete turd, unvarnished, smelly and totally f**king useless.
    One of my children now lives & works in US; going through residency/citizenship process; he is less than thrilled by trump and his caravan of shit and bollocks.

chewkw
    Free Member

colournoise – Member

mattyfez – Member

I was with you until the “I” bit…[/quote]

Actually without the “I” it becomes real as in real world people. 😆

Northwind

GrahamS – Member

Apparently she thought he was going to crack down on the other illegal immigrants (because he said so).

I think “deport criminal aliens” resonates with a lot of people because when they hear “criminal” they’re imagining child abusers, gang members, etc- they don’t expect it to include traffic violations, parking tickets and that time at college when you got caught with an eighth in your shoe , in 1992.

(I can’t find stats right now but overwhelmingly it’s trivial offences, and an awful lot of them are the “plead guilty and get a fine” variety where, when they first happen, even if you had a good case you’d probably just pay the fine for convenience)

GrahamS

Well I read about on BuzzFeed (while checking what my curry preferences reveal about my sex life):

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/this-woman-voted-for-trump-but-now-the-government-is

But it’s been fairly widely reported, based off her campaign page on change.org:

https://www.change.org/p/ice-department-of-homeland-security-roberto-beristain-owner-of-eddies-husband-father-grandfather-and-friend

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

Well I read about on BuzzFeed (while checking what my curry preferences reveal about my sex life):

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/this-woman-voted-for-trump-but-now-the-government-is

But it’s been fairly widely reported, based off her campaign page on change.org:

It looks like the media has gone into full spin based on this piece of “news” … 😆

GrahamS

US immigration laws haven’t changed since Trump became US president,

According to the article (which I accept is far from an unbiased source) the law hasn’t changed but the guidance given to the agencies has.

Lifer
    Free Member

Too many sources now?

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

US immigration laws haven’t changed since Trump became US president,

According to the article (which I accept is far from an unbiased source) the law hasn’t changed but the guidance given to the agencies has. [/quote] That’s like trying so hard just to find something … 🙄

Lifer – Member
    Too many sources now?

Do you notice something about the news? They all look the same even down to the photos. Are they copy cats?

They seem to copy each others so you have to ask this question where is the original source. 😆

fourbanger
    Free Member

Not nearly so clever. Just a Russian shill. For some reason, yet to be banned by mods.

Rorschach
    Free Member

experiencing first real AI.

There has to be intelligence even if it is artificial.

GrahamS

It looks like the media has gone into full spin based on this piece of “news”

Well if we’re not going to get to see Trump turkeys voters crying at losing their Medicaid then I guess this’ll have to do.

To quote the famous tweet:

‘I never thought leopards would eat MY face,’ sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People’s Faces Party.

😕

GrahamS

That’s like trying so hard just to find something

So you’re saying Trump hasn’t cracked down on illegal immigrants even though he said he would?

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

It looks like the media has gone into full spin based on this piece of “news”

Well if we’re not going to get to see Trump turkeys voters crying at losing their Medicaid then I guess this’ll have to do.

To quote the famous tweet:[/quote]

If one incident like this can go national or even worldwide it makes you think about the credibility of those reporting it. It looks like the news are trying very hard to discredit the President Trump or even the people who voted for him. Problem is that the more the media try to force people to think in a certain ways the more the media will be rejected by the people.

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

That’s like trying so hard just to find something

So you’re saying Trump hasn’t cracked down on illegal immigrants even though he said he would? [/quote]

Firstly, is this something new? i.e. is this a new law?

Secondly, nobody knows if he has or he hasn’t because the law is still the same is it not?

mattyfez

Devils advocate mode activated.

The really weird irony is that if you want to go to war all time, you have to have loads of healthy uneducated young men to brainwash for your cause.

If you deny them healthcare….

Durrrr

chewkw
    Free Member

mattyfez – Member
    Devils advocate mode activated.

The really weird irony is that if you want to go to war all time, you have to have loads of healthy uneducated young men to brainwash for your cause.

If you deny them healthcare….

Durrrr

I do not think President Trump wants to have war unlike his predecessors.

There is really no need for USA to go to war etc or to intervene in others’ affairs tbh.

pondo

Why’s he banging so much money into the military, then?

chewkw
    Free Member

pondo – Member

Why’s he banging so much money into the military, then? [/quote]

Probably to boost employment. i.e. spending more on military does not mean trying to start a war.

GrahamS

Absolutely. I’m sure the man ordering a $54 billion increase in military spending has nothing but peace on his mind.

Are they still threatening military action against North Korea today?

kimbers

well hes not stopped bombing people, infact hes loosened the rules of engagement so the americans are now freer to bomb more people….

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/mar/24/mosuls-children-were-shouting-under-the-rubble-nobody-came

infact destroying ISIS was one of his main election pledges, how did u think he was going to accomplish it?

hes also hugely increased American military spending and told other NATO members they also need to spend billions more on weapons

and hes up for a bit of provocation with China
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-arms-sales-package-taiwan-challenge-china-a7637131.html

hes all about the war!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

spending more on military does not mean trying to start a war.

FFS I can’t believe that it’s Chewwy who has to point out the obvious.

How bad has a thread got when it’s Chewwy who ends up talking sense?

chewkw
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member

Absolutely. I’m sure the man ordering a $54 billion increase in military spending has nothing but peace on his mind.

Are they still threatening military action against North Korea today?
    [/quote]

He is a businessman not a warmonger so war is really out of the question.

Threatening N.Korea is normal because both needs each other as both need to look strong.

Any foreign power that want to start a war with N.Korea will learn a very hard lesson. Remember N.Korea is the “buffer zone” between Western power and China. You fight N.Korea you will be fighting the Chinese and Russia.

No leadership is so stupid to start a war with N.Korea unless N.Korea starts first.

ernie_lynch – Member

spending more on military does not mean trying to start a war.

FFS I can’t believe that it’s Chewwy who has to point out the obvious.

How bad has a thread got when it’s Chewwy who ends up talking sense? [/quote]

😆

kimbers

So his plan to defeat Isis, doesn’t involve war

Is it a leaflet campaign?

pondo

Probably to boost employment. i.e. spending more on military does not mean trying to start a war.

Fair one – just like known pacifist and social philanthropist Adolf Hitler, then.

chewkw
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    So his plan to defeat Isis, doesn’t involve war
    Is it a leaflet campaign?

Isis is very much different from N.Korea as the war with Isis started before President Trump. I bet President Trump would have handled that differently if he was the President then.

pondo – Member

Fair one – just like known pacifist and social philanthropist Adolf Hitler, then. [/quote] He is a businessman.

pondo

[Quote]He is a businessman[/quote]
    A businessman* leading the biggest military force in the world into conflict, yes. No wonder Putin wants to be best mate.

* I say businessman – more a man who inherited a vast fortune and gambled the crap out of it, winning more than he lost through dumb luck, litigation and kegal loopholes.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No it’s very unlikely that it’s “to boost employment”. China has been massively increasing its defence budget for years. It’s not to boost employment or to go to war, it’s to boost its influence and assert itself as a global power.

Trump wants to “make America great again”, at the heart of that is US global influence and maintaining its status as a global power.

Going to war is not a vote winner in the US, especially among a sizeable section of Republican voters – it costs money and lives, and it doesn’t provide the promised results. Trump is a populist, he is unlikely to pursue policies which aren’t popular. One of the primary reason why he won the Republican nomination was because he tapped into opposition among registered Republican supporters to any further wars. The fight against ISIS is not seen as a new war – it’s seen as dealing with terrorists.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    … it’s to boost its influence and assert itself as a global power.

Ya, that too 😛 … plus employment coz someone in American needs too supply those arms.

Still no war no matter how people think he should.

pondo

Well that’s great news!

chewkw
    Free Member

pondo – Member
    A businessman* leading the biggest military force in the world into conflict, yes. No wonder Putin wants to be best mate.

No war. The cold war will not be resumed.

fourbanger
    Free Member

No war. The cold war will not be resumed.

It’s happening now lol

mattyfez

A bit of a short sighted strategy no matter which way you cut it.

Build loads of stuff and employ loads of people but there’s no body buying the end product?

mattyfez

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-healthcare-bill-postponed-obamacare-republican-leaders-a7649201.html

Looks like they pulled the plug before it went for a vote as it was doomed if I’m reading that right? He couldn’t even get republican support, never mind democrat support.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

its status as a global power.

Going to war is not a vote winner in the US, especially among a sizeable section of Republican voters – it costs money and lives, and it doesn’t provide the promised results. Trump is a populist, he is unlikely to pursue policies which aren’t popular.
    That implies he understands what is popular, the only consistent policy that him and the Republicans have had is killing Obamacare, they couldn’t even do that. His wonderful plan, his amazing HC plan, his vision was ripping away healthcare from his core voters and massively increasing their insurance payments. He has no issues upsetting his supporters.

I’ve not seen enough to convince me he wouldn’t like a nice little war just to stroke his ego and deflect from something else he has cocked up. A falkalnds would do him nicely.

pondo

Chew says no war, so you don’t have to worry about that. 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

How ever much I don’t like Trump, I think this result will cause even more polarization in America.

God knows what he is likely to do now.

milleboy
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-39383989

Guess this is what peace looks like?

whitestone
    Free Member

True to form Trump is blaming the Democrats rather than the Republicans who couldn’t agree amongst themselves on how to screw over the poorest in American society.

Viewing 40 posts - 8,561 through 8,600 (of 23,072 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.