Viewing 40 posts - 8,281 through 8,320 (of 23,120 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • DrJ

what’s he going to do when Trumpcare shuts 1000s(millions?) Out of healthcare ?

You think he gives a shit if losers don’t have medical care?

Klunk
    Free Member

The joke only really works if theres some element of truth, there’s nothing in common between them, trying to bluff your way out of a lie with a such a weak joke is pretty lame.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To be fair whilst Obamacare reduced the number without health insurance it still left somewhere in the region of 27 million without healthcare cover.

Why 27 Million Are Still Uninsured Under Obamacare

slowoldman

You think he gives a shit if losers don’t have medical care?

It will be such a shame for his voters when they eventually realise they’ve been had.

grahamh
    Free Member

There was a lovely comment on PM tonight.

Most politician when they find them selves in a hole they stop digging, but in the trump administration they bring in a digger and keep going.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m sure he will be blaming Obama for a bad smell in one room of the white house and maybe some stains on the carpet. Then maybe he didn’t read the meter right when he moved out so he isn’t paying the electricity bill. One blunder to the next…

jambalaya – Member
    Immigration controls will be written into law by the Senate. It’s only a matter of time.

Then the issue can be debated, scrutinised and legally checked I’m a public forum. First he will need to find people to back it and present it to the 2 houses.

kimbers

Trump refusing to recant his claims that GCHQ tapped him , surely puts May in a questionable position.
    Corbyn will use it to eviscerate her probably mention it briefly at PMQs 😉

If Trump genuinely believes it, then hes not gonna be happy about a post-brexit trade deal?

ninfan
    Free Member

The joke only really works if theres some element of truth, there’s nothing in common between them,

Nope, nothing at all in common about them, apart from Obama issuing a carefully worded denial 😆

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sjmzu7Izdbg[/video]

Trump refusing to recant his claims that GCHQ tapped him

YOu appear to be making that all too common mistake of responding to what the news report, rather than what was actually said – Trump didn’t claim that GCHQ did, nor did spicer – Spicer commented quite clearly that Fox News had reported it rather than asserting it as a Claim from Trump or the administration

kimbers

YOu appear to be making that all too common mistake of responding to what the news report, rather than what was actually said – Trump didn’t claim that GCHQ did, nor did spicer – Spicer commented quite clearly that Fox News had reported it rather than asserting it as a Claim from Trump or the administration

which amounts to the president endorsing Fox News’ report

otherwise GCHQ wouldnt have to be deny it

playing silly games with the truth erodes trust regardless

either way May is now in an uncomfortable position

somafunk

hoofed in the slats for being an insufferable cow?

aracer
    Free Member

slowoldman

which amounts to the president endorsing Fox News’ report

Or Trump/Spicer using “their” media to get out the misinformation they want to spread, which they can then comment further on.

chewkw
    Free Member

somafunk – Member

hoofed in the slats for being an insufferable cow? [/quote]

Uncomfortable position? 😆

The meeting between President Trump and Chancellor Merkel actually makes PM May position many times stronger. EU bureaucrats … you are next. 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

Ah, “amounts to”…

I suggest that this fits into the same bracket as “suggests” and “potentially” in the lexicon of #fakenews indicator phrases

otherwise GCHQ wouldnt have to be deny it

Read what GCHQ said:

“Recent allegations made by media commentator Judge Andrew Napolitano about GCHQ being asked to conduct ‘wire tapping’ against the then President Elect are nonsense. They are utterly ridiculous and should be ignored.”

No mention of Trump, Spicer or the Whitehouse.

kimbers

May will be seriously hoping that Merkel outstays Trump

Merkel will be keen to get a decent post brexit deal, she knows trade is important to both countries

Trump on the other hand has just humiliated May again and wants trade on his terms that benefits his ego and screws over the rest of the world, Donny knows trade its why hes there 😉

Yup

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/17/politics/gchq-trump-wiretap-denial/index.html

slowoldman

Oh come off it ninfan. Why would Trump or Spicer comment on something Fox had suggested if it wasn’t to spread the impression that there was something in it?

aracer
    Free Member

Ah, semantics.

Personally I prefer “said President Trump”, “allegations made by White House press secretary Sean Spicer” or indeed:

as my #fakenews indicator phrases, makes it so much simpler.

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, in the #fakenews stakes, let’s just remember that GCHQ was actually performing illegal spying operations for the Americans…

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/jun/07/uk-gathering-secret-intelligence-nsa-prism

kimbers

ninfan – Member
    Well, in the #fakenews stakes, let’s just remember that GCHQ was actually performing illegal spring operations for the Americans…

which changes nothing

Trump’s hung May out to dry rather than back down

Putin’s poodle is earning his doggy treat

slowoldman

In a statement confirming the existence of Prism, James Clapper, the director of national intelligence in the US, said: “Information collected under this programme is among the most important and valuable intelligence information we collect, and is used to protect our nation from a wide variety of threats.”

So maybe you are on to something there, if Trump was being seen by the US as a potential threat.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Donald J. Trump
    (@realDonaldTrump)
    Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my “wires tapped” in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

The spin is as disingenuous as the lies he first uttered and whilst dicks like spicer[ as I cannot say this of trolling posters on here] can say this no one is finding it even remotely credible not even those uttering it

ninfan
    Free Member

The spin is as disingenuous as the lies he first uttered

If we want to talk about spin, point your finger at all the people who don’t understand what quotation marks mean.

kimbers

wiretapping

aracer
    Free Member

They mean whatever Donny wants them to mean obviously. Though he keeps forgetting to put them in around things which quite obviously aren’t literally true.

akira

I don’t think even trump knows what he’s going on about these days, whatever random TV he’s watching at night will turn into policy the next day. I can see him watching indepedence day and running out the white house screaming.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

“We said nothing,” Mr. Trump told a German reporter who asked about the matter at a news conference with Ms. Merkel. “All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television. I didn’t make an opinion on it.” He added: “You shouldn’t be talking to me. You should be talking to Fox.”

The president tried making a joke about it, turning to Ms. Merkel, who was angered during Mr. Obama’s administration by reports that the National Security Agency had tapped her cellphone and those of other leaders. “At least we have something in common, perhaps,” Mr. Trump said. She made a face that suggested she had no interest in getting involved.

After the news conference, Mr. Spicer echoed Mr. Trump’s unapologetic tone. “I don’t think we regret anything,” he told reporters. “As the president said, I was just reading off media reports.”
    The old rule of if you can’t think of something sensible to say, say nothing.
    I hope he has planning permission for this hole under construction, if you look down the twitter feed there is constant links to fox and nowhere else.
    Maybe new batteries in the remote?
    https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/world/europe/trump-britain-obama-wiretap-gchq.html
    In other news I read somewhere that ninfan stole other people’s pudding.

piemonster

Edited, beaten to it

Junkyard
    Free Member

Donald J. Trump?Verified account
    @realDonaldTrump

How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!

No quotations marks in this tweet about the tapp

Perhaps he was basing this on a Fox news report he was yet to hear

Klunk
    Free Member

very talented legal mind

but not authoritative then ?

DrJ

Isn’t this a bit infantile? Pretending you didn’t say something because you used inverted commas (even when you didn’t) or were “just quoting someone else”. Is that what we’ve come to – the President of the United States is playing Simon Says??

bruneep

mikewsmith
    Free Member

DrJ – Member
    Isn’t this a bit infantile?

Yes. It is. Completely.
    Welcome to the new politics where lies and pretend are key, like primary school.

kimbers

kimbers

Ooh (4hrs) too slow

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Remember when the President said he wasn’t going to take a salary? He just accepted his second paycheck.
    Remember when he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall? He has asked Congress to appropriate the $25 billion of taxpayer money to cover costs.
    Remember when he said he wasn’t going to go on vacation or play golf like Obama? 5 of the last 7 weekends he went on vacation and played golf, costing taxpayers $11.1 million each time.
    Remember when he said he was going to use American steel to build these dangerous pipelines? Russian steel arrived last week for the Keystone Pipeline XL.
    Remember when he said he wasn’t going to cut social security and Medicare? The Republican bill does just this.
    Remember when he said that nobody on his campaign had any communications with the Russian government? 7 of his people have now admitted they spoke and/or met with Russian officials…after they lied and got caught.
    Remember when he said he was going to divest from his businesses? Changed his mind.
    Remember when he said he was going to release his tax returns? Changed his mind.
    Remember when he said he was going to drain the swamp of Washington insiders? His cabinet is filled with lobbyists, billionaires, as well as Big Oil and Wall Street executives, many from Goldman-Sachs. Yes, THAT Goldman-Sachs.
    Remember when he said would defeat ISIS in 30 days? He doesn’t have a plan.

mmmmm

ninfan
    Free Member

And the amusing thing is that all of them pale into insignificance when compared with Obama promising to close Guantanamo. Just imagine how hard the lefties would be nailing Trump, or any other republican presidents, reputation for that one 😉

theotherjonv

<must….not……engage>

oh **** it.

The President’s ‘well oiled machine’ in cahoots with the Russians ‘pales into insignificance’ with failure to close Guantanamo?

And anyway, it’s no longer about Obama, it’s what Trump is / isn’t doing now.

ninfan
    Free Member

cahoots with the Russians

Got any evidence of that?

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/16/key-democratic-officials-now-warning-base-not-to-expect-evidence-of-trumprussia-collusion/

You know, we wouldn’t want to accuse you of double standards, demanding evidence on Trumps “wire-tapping” claims but perfectly happy to accept unproven allegations on Trump-Russia connections, would we?

Oops, there’s that pesky cognitive dissonance bell being rung again 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 8,281 through 8,320 (of 23,120 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.