• This topic has 23,073 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 hour ago by nickc.
Viewing 40 posts - 8,201 through 8,240 (of 23,074 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • aracer
    Free Member

tch

[/quote]

akira

Aracer that’s filthy, probably going to lead to a ban.

aracer
    Free Member

meh

[quote]

[/quote][/quote]

slowoldman

Though given the context it appears ninfan was actually predicting the opposite

DrJ

As for Holland, you now seem to be celebrating because someone to the right of the Tories, someone who actually says that if immigrants don’t like it there they can sod off back home, beat someone to the tight of Nigel Farage into second place.

ninfan is right – well, it had to happen eventually. But there’s a lot of crap written about Holland – how it’s a bastion of liberalism and tolerance. It’s not now, and it never has been.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He lost. Bigly.

The largest gains were made by the pro-immigration Greens, so it seems your assertion about Holland’s non-liberalism doesn’t actually match what’s happening in the real world.

Try again.

ninfan
    Free Member

He lost. Bigly.

Third biggest party became second biggest party – Failure

The largest gains were made by the pro-immigration Greens

Eighth biggest party becomes sixth biggest party – Success

😆

akira

America spending more on security at trump tower than the whole of the arts/humanities budget, America is getting dumber every second that man is in charge.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

So they are massively cutting science and arts funding and stated that this is part of “draining the swamp” in the press conference.

So scientists and the arts are part of the corrupt swamp now? I find that pretty offensive to be honest, not to mention crass and anti-intellectual.

Well, there’s always China – and Trump is helping them pull ahead now.

DrJ

Try again

Hate to say it, but … what ninfan said.

Klunk
    Free Member

America is getting dumber every second that man is in charge.

Just the way he (and his ilk) like it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

DrJ – Member
    Try again
    Hate to say it, but … what ninfan said.

Went and looked.

I accede the point.

Thankfully, as he is loathed so much by all the other parties involved, he hasn’t a hope of getting within a sniff of power in what needs to be a coalition government.

Whilst it’s true that the Greens didn’t get the largest increase, it was still much more than anyone expected.

So in terms of getting his hands on the levers of power, yes, he did lose.

I note he’s saying “next time”, but a week is a long time in politics. For now, the creeping tide of slime is halted.

kimbers

Third biggest party became second biggest party – Failure

indeed, still so toxic that they wont get anywhere near government

Eighth biggest party becomes sixth biggest party – Success

yep gets to play kingmaker in the new coalition government

aracer
    Free Member

Actually it appears they did – they gained 10 seats or to put it another way a gain of 250%. Wilders’ party only gained 5 seats, which was not only far less than expected, they also got a lower share of the vote and less seats than in 2010, hence “next time” is probably wishful thinking, his peak appears to have come and gone.

I’d rate your assessment far more accurate than ninfan’s on that basis. There might be a slight shift to the right in general, but it’s far from a shift to nationalism.

edit: and looking at the likely coalition, whilst it might have a centre right PM, the majority of seats in it will belong to slightly left of centre parties. PVV might have won more seats, but its won some of them from the ruling VVD and given it will be shut out of the coalition, in doing so it’s probably shifted the ruling coalition to the left 😆

DrJ

There might be a slight shift to the right in general, but it’s far from a shift to nationalism.

True, but my point was that NL is already pretty far to the right on a number of issues. A few people live on canals and smoke weed; a whole lot more live in houses and dislike immigrants.

aracer
    Free Member

Maybe, but not only is that not particularly reflected in the election result (VVD and PVV are the two main right of centre parties and their combined vote declined), it’s certainly not going to be reflected in the coalition.

That’s based on a very quick amateur assessment of the political alignment, I don’t know much about NL politics. But CDA appears to be slightly to the left and they will also likely bring in one of SP or GL both of which are clearly to the left. D66 seems harder to place – I’m tempted to describe their political position as “rational”.

ninfan
    Free Member

they also got a lower share of the vote and less seats than in 2010,

Pointless cherry picking when you realise that the last election was actually in 2012

aracer
    Free Member

😆 congratulations on spotting that ninfan. I’m not going to give you the joy of arguing with you other than to point out how spectacularly you’ve missed the point in your eagerness to pick up on an apparent mistake 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

Nonsense, for a start, the ruling party only retained power by moving right

“I understand that people think: if you reject our country fundamentally, I’d rather see you go. I have the same feeling. Act normal or leave,”

Can you imagine Rutte campaigning on that in 2010 or 2012?

outofbreath
    Free Member

“I understand that people think: if you reject our country fundamentally, I’d rather see you go. I have the same feeling. Act normal or leave,”

Is that a right wing view? I’d imagine life wasn’t great in Soviet Poland if you didn’t tow the line.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

“Normal”, eh? What’s “normal”, then?

aracer
    Free Member
    akira

Now can Obama sue him, not for money or anything just to make a point.

shermer75
    Free Member

Corrupt system is conspiring against him again! Fake news!! SAD!

mattyfez

Obama is probably just tutting and keeping his head down and trying to get on with his life.

That said, he has very strong ethics, so it would be nice to see him sue, and give the proceeds to things that trump hates, like education, health, the arts or charities for the under privileged.

That would be a stonker of a move.

shermer75
    Free Member

People who have said that Trump Tower was definitely not under surveillance:

– former President Barack Obama
    – FBI Director James Comey
    – ex-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper
    – ex-CIA Director John Brennan
    – Republican chairman of House intelligence committee, Devin Nunes
    – Republican John McCain, who chairs Senate Committee on Armed Services
    – House Speaker Paul Ryan
    – Former White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough

People who say it definitely was:

– Trump

Lolz 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Opinion is divided on the subject

batfink
    Free Member

Now can Obama sue him, not for money or anything just to make a point.

I don’t think you can sue the president?

have checked – apparently it’s a bit of a grey area for the Donald: he has broad protection against civil suits, however:

“the President can indeed be sued for alleged actions that took place prior to taking office or that are not related to the Presidency”

Given that he has a habit of sending his own tweets (ie: not through his communications team), from his personal account, and this one relates to something that happened before he was president….. I think the door is open.

shermer75
    Free Member

Let’s all sue the president!! 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

People who have said that Trump Tower was definitely not under surveillance:

– former President Barack Obama
    – FBI Director James Comey
    – ex-Director of National Intelligence James Clapper
    – ex-CIA Director John Brennan
    – Republican chairman of House intelligence committee, Devin Nunes
    – Republican John McCain, who chairs Senate Committee on Armed Services
    – House Speaker Paul Ryan
    – Former White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough
    They are just good at covering it up, there is going to be something interesting coming soon…
    I wonder if Spicer has asked for a raise yet.

akira

Yup all these sensible people with experience of such things are lying or wrong but bawbags saw something on brietbart and he’s definitely right. No evidence from Trump so far or anyone else, hows that Russia situation going?

ninfan
    Free Member

hows that Russia situation going?

I believe that we are still waiting for evidence of any ties from Clinton, or anyone else,

cchris2lou

what has it got to do with Clinton ? I thought Trump was the President .

akira

Enjoying trump’s favourite Irish proverb, taking a verse from a Nigerian poets work out of context.

mattyfez

Well cctv cameras are all over the shop, there’s probably a building next door with cctv that accidentally gets a bit of turd tower in the shot.

It’s probably a Starbucks or something.

Is that wire tapping? No

Is that the game he’s playing, you better biggly betcha!

mattyfez

The cctv inside trumpton is probably part of a Chinese or Russian bot net.

mattyfez

Trump is to stupid to even need covert surveillance.

He posts most of his dhioreaha directly onto Twitter.

mattyfez

Maybe he’s an unfortunate puppet of the lizard people, and just has to do as he’s told… send us a sign, Donald.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I believe that we are still waiting for evidence of any ties from Clinton, or anyone else,

right on cue ninfan. do you work to a bonus scheme?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And to add the point that it’s not about meet people it’s the lies when asked. Or for sessions just dropping himself in it.

Viewing 40 posts - 8,201 through 8,240 (of 23,074 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.