Viewing 40 posts - 8,161 through 8,200 (of 22,966 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • thejesmonddingo

Are you entirely sure “simple” is the word you were looking for?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Geert Wilders isn’t going to win the Dutch elections perhaps?

Looks that way. Which is nice.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“I’d quibble about “could of” because all the headlines correctly state “could have””

I let that pass, I think the poster’s issues with English comprehension are slightly more fundamental than a slight grammatically embarrassing misquote. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

Meanwhile, it turns out that Defence Secretary Mattis acknowledges that climate change exists and is a destabilising global force, and that it requires a response from the US government. That wouldn’t usually be news- it’s blindingly obvious, the Pentagon have said as much for at least a decade- but in this administration, well…

“As I noted above, climate change is a challenge that requires a broader, whole-of government response. “If confirmed, I will ensure that the Department of Defence plays its appropriate role within such a response by addressing national security aspects.”

I’m taking that to mean he’s planning to invade the EPA and institute regime change.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And the point as made earlier on that return Trump paid the amount of tax that a law made him, this is a law he wants to get rid of. It would mean that he would have paid a fraction of that amount of tax and a lower rate than most working people.

Klunk
    Free Member

According to the CBO, 64-year olds making $26,500 per year would see their premiums increase by an estimated 750 percent by 2026. While they are on track to pay $1,700 under the current law, the CBO projects the American Health Care Act would force them to pay $14,600. Even if you grant that inflation will allow them to make slightly more money by 2026, that’s still about half of their income going to health care.

ouch….

the CBO report it’s taken from

ninfan
    Free Member

And the point as made earlier on that return Trump paid the amount of tax that a law made him, this is a law he wants to get rid of. It would mean that he would have paid a fraction of that amount of tax and a lower rate than most working people.

Well, no, because if the previous story was true, that Trump wrote off enough in losses that he could have avoided having to pay federal income tax for years and years, then the only possible conclusion is that in 2005 Trump paid more tax than the law made him.

Which is where your chronology falls down, either you have to accept that he paid more than he had to in 2005 or accept that the other story about him was #fakenews

Lefties, digging their own hole since 1917 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There is one way to avoid all this confusion isn’t there ninfan. He could be open and transparent like every other president. Until then we can only assume he has a lot to hide. That was your Clinton email line wasn’t it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes he said anything to press your buttons ; he is still doing it and you are still feeding him
    WHY?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Because I’m sat waiting at an airport and blowing gaping holes in bad logic passes the time….

DrJ

If I were to block only one poster it would be Mike – not because I find what he says particularly obnoxious, just because that would get rid of ninfan and chewy at the same time.

mattyfez

Well, the American people will ‘never not know’ y’all. To paraphrase the double negative quoted by his administration.

Classic sign of a liar or someone with hidden motivation. Choosing to miss direct rather that openly directly answer questions, that’s another sign.

slowoldman

Looks that way. Which is nice.

Yep, ninfan called that one right! Well done Holland.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If I were to block only one poster it would be Mike – not because I find what he says particularly obnoxious, just because that would get rid of ninfan and chewy at the same time.

Oh come on, ninfan is an absolute gift to all those who relish right-wingers making fools of themselves. Although unlike Chewwy, for example, ninfan combines making a fool of himself with being spectacularly obnoxious. What’s not to like?

aracer
    Free Member

Though given the context it appears ninfan was actually predicting the opposite. Why don’t we wait to see what he claims he was predicting and we’ll know the opposite is true.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheers Dr J….
    The unfortunate elephant in the room for a lot of this is the alt whoever say it 3 times and it’s true. Your own bs becomes a verified source.

fourbanger
    Free Member

I always assumed ninfan was just a tugger, now it’s obvious he’s also a shill.

akira

I types simple back there when I meant to type bawbag, apologies for any confusion.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Are any of the right wing loons on here genuine posters?

batfink
    Free Member

looks like it’s going to be a day of legal challenges to the new Muslim ban….

Ironically – it’s the Donald’s own words that are the justification for these challenges …. the fact that he, his office, his staff and advisers kept referring to it as “the muslim ban” betrays it’s core purpose, and it’s implicit unconstitutionality (unconstitutionalness?).

We need real-time blood-pressure monitoring of The Orange One….. it would be great to quantify just how much each challenge to his (imagined) omnipotency p*sses him off.

A challenge from an Obama appointed, ethnic minority, atourney general from Hawaii has got to really get him REALLY fired-up 😀

As for the tax return: is anyone doubting that the leak came from him?

He’s obviously leaked the only page that show him paying any tax in an effort to shut people up – but apparently he either didn’t realize/remember that he is on record as intending to abolish that tax category, or care.

Given his tweeting behavior, I suspect that he leaked this personally, without taking advice. Although, when you look at who his advisers are, I suppose anything is possible….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So, as I read it, ninfan is claiming (using another isolated document) that Doughnut pays his taxes.

Didn’t the Orange Bloater claim that avoiding paying taxes makes him “smart”?

So how does ninfan feel about, by his own logic, his hero actually being a bit thick?

And would he care to deal with his attempt to prove a point by cherry-picking a statistic which actually indicates the opposite argument (rise in USA employment figures)?

Although, given ninny’s history of ignoring difficult embarrassments, I’m not holding my breath.

akira

Geert Wilders loses, jolly good. Not all countries as misguided as America thankfully.

nickc

Federal Judges 2: Republicans 0

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/15/us/politics/trump-travel-ban.html
    Well the downside for being so damm honest and transparent is that people might take what you say as what you mean…

martinhutch

“For instance, there is nothing ‘veiled’ about this press release,” Judge Watson wrote, quoting a Trump campaign document titled “Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.”

Another so-called expert who needs to be educated on how ‘calling for’ something offers no insight into what you actually want to happen… 🙂

ninfan
    Free Member

So, as I read it, ninfan is claiming (using another isolated document) that Doughnut pays his taxes.

No, go and read what I said, that the tax return disproves the narrative, i.e. That it proves that either Donald paid more than he legally had to or the story that Donald wrote off losses big enough that he could avoid taxes for eighteen years was untrue.

As for Holland, you now seem to be celebrating because someone to the right of the Tories, someone who actually says that if immigrants don’t like it there they can sod off back home, beat someone to the tight of Nigel Farage into second place.

And you think that’s a win for progressive politics 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My real favourite part is

“This ruling makes us look weak, which by the way we no longer are, believe me,” Mr. Trump said, to mounting cheers from a loyal crowd.

No siree we are not weak, we are in soon much control and we know exactly what we are doing. As they burn political capital like a mustang obliterates petrol

jambalaya
    Free Member

Trump paid $38m in taxes in 2005 and at a much higher rate than say someone like Mitt Romney. Avg American pays roughly 10% in Federal Taxes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Source Jamby? Trump paid under the minimum payment rules and as suggested could well have leaked his own client copy. Maybe if he released all the rest people might believe him. Kind of easy isn’t it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That it proves that either Donald paid more than he legally had to or the story that Donald wrote off losses big enough that he could avoid taxes for eighteen years was untrue.

First case: what I said.

Second case: er, what I said…

I’m happy that Wilders obtained such a low result because he’s a poisonous little squit. Nice to see that the voting public of his own country agree with me.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Although, given ninny’s history of ignoring difficult embarrassments”

Or to put it another way, Ninfan only disputes the statements that are untrue. When true things are said he doesn’t dispute them and you find that frustrating because you’d really like him to start being wrong a bit more.

aracer
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39287656

“unprecedented judicial overreach”? Well that’s what you get with unprecedented stupid executive orders I guess. Donny’s suggestions that he’ll reissue the original travel ban tell you all you need to know about the level of thought process going on – I presume he’s forgotten that one got knocked back for different reasons?

akira

Trump talking about his allegations that Obama wiretapped him, he’s such a joke.

“Let’s see whether or not I prove it,” Trump said. “I just don’t choose to do it right now.”

aracer
    Free Member

Well you could put it that way, but it would be more accurate to point out that he ignores it when he’s already been proved wrong, which is what the context of that was saying. The only frustrating part is when he then descends into semantics in an attempt to defend his position.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or simply imagine he was so desperate to give Clinton the same benefit of the doubt

aracer
    Free Member

I just don’t choose to do it right now

I think we’ve heard that one before – translation appears to be that “right now” means “ever”. Though it seems that such statements are sufficient to get him off the hook with his loyal supporters.

I’m certainly not about to get all complacent about the next election (or even the chances of him making it that far), though surely the Democrats can’t find somebody as awful as Hillary next time. But it does seem his motivation is getting adulation rather than getting the support of a majority of the population, and his current statements and rallies are getting him that, so I suspect he’s unlikely to change.

akira

Also from Trump his dad could beat your dad up and he’s got the best toy at his house but you can’t see it cos he’s not allowed to bring it outside.

nickc

American pays roughly 10% in Federal Taxes

I think the rate is more like 27% as a total tax take, those figures show that in 2005 at least he paid about 23%. I suppose it at least reveals the year that the Trump organisation are content to reveal to the public (it shows a tax return they think is sufficiently high to avoid having to comment on it) what the missing pages or indeed the missing years and years show is highly likely to be entirely different I’d have thought

We’ve been thrown a bone

MrWoppit
    Free Member
    akira

I think you meant

[/quote]

Viewing 40 posts - 8,161 through 8,200 (of 22,966 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.