Viewing 40 posts - 5,241 through 5,280 (of 23,097 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • nickc

really?

flattery will get you everywhere, y’know 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

ninfan – Member
    Well, apart from the fact that it only applies to about 13% of Muslims… so you could take the attitude that he had successfully moderated it and targeted it at problem countries, which seems fairly reasonable

patiently awaiting the reasonable presidential orders banning, lightning, toddlers, beds, lawnmovers, buses and and americans from america!

Since we’re being extra carefully, logically we should probably make that all weather events, all children, any type of bedroom furniture, all transport and well, may as well just ban every nation. Can never be too vigilant! 😆

We need time to figure out what the hell is actually going on!

aracer
    Free Member

have already started using their foresight to predict that they would be banned

This is because they’re capable of basic logic 🙄

outofbreath
    Free Member

Excluding all data from 911.

Not that I dispute the point – the USA has insanely over reacted to 911.

aracer
    Free Member

Since we’re being extra carefully, logically we should probably make that all weather events, all children, any type of bedroom furniture, all transport

Yeah, but only 13% of them, and the sort of weather, children etc. which the Trump doesn’t have business dealings with – you wouldn’t want to be immoderate or unreasonable

aracer
    Free Member

Excluding all data from 911.

Good point – the 911 attackers would of course be banned by this new law wouldn’t they?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the USA has insanely over reacted to 911.

9/11 was simply the excuse that the neo-cons had been waiting for, it wasn’t an overreaction as such.

See Northwind’s post above for a comment in a similar vain.

seosamh77
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    Since we’re being extra carefully, logically we should probably make that all weather events, all children, any type of bedroom furniture, all transport
    Yeah, but only 13% of them, and the sort of weather, children etc. which the Trump doesn’t have business dealings with – you wouldn’t want to be immoderate or unreasonable

true, don’t want to appear draconian in our approach, thanks for keeping me in check! 13% seems a reasonable arbitrary number to go with! No-one could possibly argue against that, very sensible.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Good point – the 911 attackers would of course be banned by this new law wouldn’t they?”

…whereas they would have been deterred if they’d know that Iraq was going toasted?

ninfan
    Free Member

You only have to look at the choice of the countries involved and what they mean to Trump supporters to guess at why they were chosen

Or they could have been chosen as the Seven ‘countries of concern’ already identified for additional visa controls under the anti terrorist measures taken by the Obama government

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/02/18/dhs-announces-further-travel-restrictions-visa-waiver-program

So, given that fact, perhaps you would like to expand on your theory?

Northwind

aracer – Member

Good point – the 911 attackers would of course be banned by this new law wouldn’t they?

I think your sarcasm might have been to subtle tbh so just for the hard of thinking, no. 15 were saudis, 2 were from the UAE, 1 was from egypt, 1 was from lebanon, absolutely none would have been affected. I know you know this but part of the scam here is that many people will assume otherwise.

I was curious how many terrorist killings would have been prevented. Hands up anyone who’s surprised to hear it’s zero. Nobody?

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

The statistics are clear. The idea that anyone on American soil is in any significant danger from Muslim immigrant terrorists is laughable.

But those who support Trump don’t care about statistics. They care about how they feel. And they “feel” under threat from alien forces, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

ninfan
    Free Member

But those who support Trump don’t care about statistics. They care about how they feel. And they “feel” under threat from alien forces, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Then, as pointed out, why were the seven countries concerned identified as ‘countries of concern’ under anti-terrorist legislation issued by the Obama government?

(Edit, sorry, six of the seven, the executive order adds Syria to the other six)

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Many of those criticising President Trump now on BBC news are saying they Might be prevented from going to USA. These people have Not even go there yet but have already started using their foresight to predict that they would be banned.

Best tell you bbf Jamba on the Euro thread as all he can say in regard to Brexshit is whit might/could or even mybe happen, here it seems OK to accept it as some form of fact.
    #Poppycock

aracer
    Free Member

No-one could possibly argue against that, very sensible.

<eagerly awaiting ninfan>

I think your sarcasm might have been to subtle

I expected it was, but was sure somebody would take it seriously and give a chance to clarify 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

captainsasquatch – Member
    Best tell you bbf Jamba on the Euro thread as all he can say in regard to Brexshit is whit might/could or even mybe happen, here it seems OK to accept it as some form of fact.
    #Poppycock

It is true that people are banned from those countries that is to be banned. True.

Not true when people are commenting from BBC studios. Not true.

Regarding EU true. Leave that to the EU thread.

aracer
    Free Member

Oops, almost forgot, or chewy

Jamie
    Free Member

It is true that people are banned for those countries that is to be banned. True.

But how does that chime with what this guy is saying? Are you saying this individual is actually wrong, and they are just commentating on things they don’t have any knowledge of?

chewkw
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    Oops, almost forgot, or chewy

Crikey some of you lots do get excited whenever President Trump does something. Even I cannot keep up with the repeated reactions from the threads.

aracer – Member

have already started using their foresight to predict that they would be banned

This is because they’re capable of basic logic [/quote]

It is perfectly logical. They are banned for 3 months. Banned for 3 months.

Which part of the logic of ‘banned for 3 months’ do they not comprehend?

It is what USA is doing get over it.

chewkw
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

It is true that people are banned for those countries that is to be banned. True.

But how does that chime with what this guy is saying? Are you saying this individual is actually wrong, and they are just commentating on things they don’t have any knowledge of? [/quote]

Who? That Mo bloke? Has he applied to go to Merica for training yet or is he just commenting?

I thought he has retired so no more Merican training?

Apply to go to Merican first then talk.

As for the ban that’s exactly what President Trump said. It’s 3 months ban … true.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

It is true that people are banned from those countries that is to be banned. True.

Not true when people are commenting from BBC studios. Not true.

Regarding EU true. Leave that to the EU thread.
    😯 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

captainsasquatch – Member

I am glad you have finally agreed with me.

See, it’s not that hard isn’t it.

True.

cchris2lou

250000 signatures on petition to cancel his state visit !

Great Kudos indeed for T May ! 😆

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I am glad you have finally agreed with me.

How can I agree? I haven’t got a clue what you said. 🙄

slowoldman

…whereas they would have been deterred if they’d know that Iraq was going toasted?

I don’t think you understand terrorism.

Who? That Mo bloke? Has he applied to go to Merica for training yet or is he just commenting?

He is based in the US. His family live there. Not being there at the moment means he can’t go.

chewkw
    Free Member

cchris2lou – Member

250000 signatures on petition to cancel his state visit !

Great Kudos indeed for T May !

😆 ^^^ … nearly 64.1 million people in the UK …

Does petition work in France? Coz me French mates would like to sign one too to tell the French President to limit some migration.

Jamie
    Free Member

He is based in the US. His family live there. Not being there at the moment means he can’t go.

This is all mentioned on previous pages. It’s more I am doing an experiment, in to just how much chewkwk is cherry picking/ignoring bits of the thread. It appears to be bad enough that he is not worth engaging with. I know on the surface that statement seems obvious, but doesn’t hurt to check.

chewkw
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    This is all mentioned on previous pages. It’s more I am doing an experiment, in to just how much chewkwk is cherry picking/ignoring bits of the thread. It appears to be bad enough that he is not worth engaging with. I know on the surface that statement seems obvious, but doesn’t hurt to check.

Non-issue, especially when he can train in other parts of the world.

slowoldman – Member

Not the end of the world.
    Train somewhere else or be with his family.
    Non-issue.

piemonster

Jamie – Member

chewkw – Member

Non-issue, especially when he can train in other parts of the world.

Genuine LOL

loum
    Free Member

Couldn’t get the same “medical” support elsewhere.
    Maybe Russia, possibly.
    But not as easily as it used to be.

😉

chewkw
    Free Member

loum – Member
    Couldn’t get the same “medical” support elsewhere.
    Maybe Russia, possibly.
    But not as easily as it used to be.

How about the Kenyans?

Many world class distance runners come from Kenya.

Do you think Kenyans train in Merica?

piemonster – Member
    Genuine LOL

I don’t have to cherry pick because the answer is so easy. True. 😛

jimw
    Free Member

Chewey, there are 65000 people an hour signing the petition at the moment. It’s at 340000 now.

There seems to be some confusion at the top in the White House, the chief of staff is saying green card holders will be allowed in, in direct contradiction of the executive order.

akira

Look up empathy in the dictionary chewkw, how would you feel if through no fault of your own you might not be allowed to go to your home and see your family.

zippykona

Chewk breXi zombie how you feel when cowboy says he don’t want you in uk land?

piemonster

True

False

chewkw
    Free Member

jimw – Member
    Chewey, there are 65000 people an hour signing the petition at the moment. It’s at 340000 now.

Keep signing … as there are nearly 64.1 million people in the UK …

If that is democracy then it will also work in future where the minority kick up a big fuss opposing your preferred system.

Yes, do it set the precedent that the louder you shout with lesser number the more you will achieve in a democratic country.

There seems to be some confusion at the top in the White House, the chief of staff is saying green card holders will be allowed in, in direct contradiction of the executive order.

That is for them to sort out and certainly not the affairs of other nations.

chewkw
    Free Member

akira – Member
    Look up empathy in the dictionary chewkw, how would you feel if through no fault of your own you might not be allowed to go to your home and see your family.

I choose.
    My family come to me
    or
    I stay where I am for 3 months until the ban is over.
    Any of the above choice is better than seeing my entire family in harms’ way.

zippykona – Member
    Chewk breXi zombie how you feel when cowboy says he don’t want you in uk land?

I go home. True.

piemonster – Member

True

False [/quote]
    😆

km79
    Free Member

I was going to add my name to the petition but then read the reason for it.

Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US Government, but he should not be invited to make an official State Visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.

FFS! Because it would embarrass the queen? What about the rest of us who need to pay for the bloody thing?

chewkw
    Free Member

km79 – Member
    FFS! Because it would embarrass the queen? What about the rest of us who need to pay for the bloody thing?

Who are you?
    What is your name?

As for the Queen, she is “Elizabeth II has been Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand since 6 February 1952.” (Ref: Wiki)

Klunk
    Free Member

upto 386,206 on the petition

Viewing 40 posts - 5,241 through 5,280 (of 23,097 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.