Viewing 40 posts - 5,201 through 5,240 (of 23,102 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I can’t believe no one around Trump knew the supreme court would block the ban.

It wasn’t the supreme court.

I can’t believe that no one around Trump knew that the US government can’t simply build a wall on private land without some very serious legal implications which need to be sorted out, but that didn’t stop Trump from issuing an executive order.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve no idea

But you do know for sure that he hasn’t “publicised the real policies, you know the ones he actually wants to see implemented”?

How can you be so sure if you’ve got no idea what they might be?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Does Trump strike you as a cards on the table type?

tjagain

Because of his personality disorder he is incapable of understanding that he cannot just do what he wants and believes that anything he wants is right and there can be no opposition to him. His world view and reality are crashing into each other really hard. My guess the outcome will be a complete breakdown from him at some point or he will walk away as being defeated is impossible to him.

Jamie
    Free Member

Really? 1 week in and he is already knocked down in court.

Unless that’s all part of the plan.

It’s all text book stuff isn’t it? Put forward something outrageous, everyone shits the bed, then proffer something less drastic which is what you were happy to have all along. This time with no opposition, as it’s ‘better’ than the alternative.

I [Theresa] may be giving him too much credit. But it just seems so moustache twirlingly heinous to actually believe this is really happening.

kimbers

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/1719 love a good petition.
    Have to be debated in parliament, a chance to skewer May 🙂

cchris2lou

Scary to think what is going to happen when a white policeman shoot a black guy.

Jamie
    Free Member

@Kimbers.

You have many premium bonds then?

ninfan
    Free Member

Because of his personality disorder he is incapable of understanding that he cannot just do what he wants and believes that anything he wants is right and there can be no opposition to him.

And because of your personality disorder you are incapable of seeing that he is doing exactly what the electorate elected him to do

Democracy, eh?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Does Trump strike you as a cards on the table type?

Well if I was claiming that Trump has a hidden agenda I would at least try to come up with a suggestion as to what it might be. It would help to make the claim more convincing.

Personally I don’t think he’s got a hidden agenda beyond being worshipped by his adoring fans. But that’s partly because imo he didn’t expect or even want to be US President.

IMO the ideal result for Trump would have been to lose to Clinton and to claim that it had been rigged. Like that his uncontrollable ego would have received the biggest boost in his life without any risk of his popularity being diminished as the result of actually doing the job.

He’s now got to do an extremely time-consuming job which will be littered with potential disasters, and falling popularity.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Scary to think what is going to happen when a white policeman shoot a black guy.

Probably about the same as when Obama was US president, ie, “not a lot”

kimbers

Jamie 😳

I’ve got a certificate somewhere

I’ll try that again

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

gwaelod
    Free Member

Getting Bannon on the NSC is quite a statement. I’m not sure to what extent trump is actually a Leader or the one being manipulated.

Zaphod Beeblebrox springs to mind.

aracer
    Free Member

And because of your personality disorder you are incapable of seeing that he is doing exactly what the electorate elected him to do

They elected him to **** everything up? Wow they really are even more stupid than I thought.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

Can’t wait till he comes to meet the queen

It’ll nicely tarnish the Windsors as well as our PM as she fawns over him

And there may be the odd protestor too!

Posted 2 hours ago

And now 2 hours later you want us to sign a petition stopping him from making a State Visit “because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen”?

Make your mind up FFS! 🙂

slowoldman

filter out the bullshit till the direction of travel becomes clear..

Surely we know that already. Downwards and backwards.

kimbers

Just wait till Trumpcare replaces the ACA and people start losing healthcare

His approval ratings will go through the floor, that first impeachment vote going to be tough for the Republicans

tjagain

KImbers – I doubt that as the US is so fecked up on healthcare that people without any healthcare and who would benefit from ACA detest it. No one who supported trump is going to care about this

seosamh77
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    Well if I was claiming that Trump has a hidden agenda I would at least try to come up with a suggestion as to what it might be. It would help to make the claim more convincing.

I’ve spent the last week telling people to chill out with the noise. I’m hardly about to start adding to it! Like I say I could speculate, but I won’t.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Like I say I could speculate, but I won’t.

You’re such a tease.

seosamh77
    Free Member

😆

kimbers

Make your mind up FFS!

Oh no I want it to be debated in parliament

But Theresa may will have to ignore the will of the people 😉 and let trump in because it will illustrate that Brexit has made us desperate to suck up to any sleazeball that offers us a trade deal #fakecontrol

TJ……

http://money.cnn.com/video/news/economy/2017/01/06/obamacare-trump-voter.cnnmoney/

bigjim

KImbers – I doubt that as the US is so fecked up on healthcare that people without any healthcare and who would benefit from ACA detest it.

I know from a friend over there that a lot of people are upset and going to be in a difficult situation, in this case students, not that students rebel like they used to though

outofbreath
    Free Member

“What would you judge as a non trivial thing then?”

Invading Iraq and causing a massive Civil war through the Middle East and creating ISIS.

Pissing a few hundred people around is chicken feed compared to that.

Drone strikes and assassinations without trial.

I agree with the people saying he’s just doing stuff publicly for the headlines in the full knowledge it can’t happen and in every case he can point blame elsewhere when it doesn’t happen.

Not very commendable but hopefully it’s not Armageddon.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

KImbers – I doubt that as the US is so fecked up on healthcare that people without any healthcare and who would benefit from ACA detest it.

There are a few interviews around with people who were on ACA looking very upset when they found out that was the Obamacare they just voted to get rid of.

I’ve spent the last week telling people to chill out with the noise. I’m hardly about to start adding to it! Like I say I could speculate, but I won’t.

Honestly he needs the scrutiny, every decision needs looking at and the second he slips up hammer him for it.
    It’s very strange how quiet he has gone since his first set back, no tweet, no retort to the celebs mocking him, no witty slanging match.
    He is going to have a tough job getting the stuff forward he shouted about let alone anything else.
    The only upside of Trump and Brexit is the number of people who have felt safe to come out of their shells and show their true colours, and those who seem to blind to see (or are just trolling)

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    Honestly he needs the scrutiny, every decision needs looking at and the second he slips up hammer him for it.

President Trump is doing the right thing as he got the guts to deal with issues others shy away.

In the meantime he should hammer those opposing his every decisions as hard as possible to the hilt, then see who scream first since President Trump is already getting hammered for no reason from the day he campaigned for Presidency. Hammer time!

seosamh77
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

Honestly he needs the scrutiny, every decision needs looking at and the second he slips up hammer him for it.I’ve got no problem with that what so ever, I’ve gave a couple of examples earlier or noise and stuff to get worked up about so far. My main point is pick the battles, it’s far too easy right now to dismiss the “left” as hysterical. Some thing I quite dislike doing as I place myself somewhere to the left of Ghandi ffs! 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

Let’s not forget that it’s only a few pages back in this thread where certain people were looking forwards, predicting how upset and betrayed all his supporters would feel when Trump inevetably didn’t do what he said he was going to do, that it was all bullshit.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

when Trump inevetably didn’t do what he said he was going to do, that it was all bullshit.

So what’s he actually delivered ninfan?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-promise-tracker/
    Link may need an update but then as the white house isn’t commenting on his shut down immigration policy we are not sure

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

outofbreath – Member

he’s just doing stuff publicly for the headlines in the full knowledge it can’t happen

Trump’s Muslim ban is happening, that’s why it’s making the headlines, I don’t know why you think it isn’t.

ninfan
    Free Member

Well, apart from the fact that it only applies to about 13% of Muslims… so you could take the attitude that he had successfully moderated it and targeted it at problem countries, which seems fairly reasonable

chewkw
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    So what’s he actually delivered ninfan?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/trump-promise-tracker/

Washington Post is another of those news that was opposing President Trump from day one of his campaign just like CNN.

In fact all the media broadcasters were trying to be the “king maker” predicted massive lost in Trump Presidential campaign. They cannot handle the fact that have been absolutely wrong so now trying to create troubles to ensure their “prediction” come through.

Biased and dangerous bunch of reporters that try to incite and stir emotion against one another. Not news worthy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I know better than to argue with you ninfan, so if you want to put a spin on the fact that at the stroke of a pen Trump has banned 134 million people from entering the United States then go ahead.

Yeah, he’s caused outrage across the world for nothing.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

FFS Chewwy has turned up now. Time to move on.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Trump’s Muslim ban is happening, that’s why it’s making the headlines, I don’t know why you think it isn’t.”

Because according to this thread the judiciary have stopped it and it’s illegal. I admit I havent fact checked that but it seems to be generally agreed.

Not that I care. The USA have committed insane atrocities in their over reaction to 911, I really can’t get excited about this issue.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Because according to this thread the judiciary have stopped it and it’s illegal.

No they haven’t. As above, they have stopped deportation of those caught in transit. The ban is still in place.

nickc

If it was a piece of political theatre designed to get the Liberals in a tissy, I’d say the immigration ban been remarkably successful so far.

You only have to look at the choice of the countries involved and what they mean to Trump supporters to guess at why they were chosen (and more importantly why other countries who’s citizens have perpetuated more terrorist acts weren’t) I’d imagine to Mrs and Mrs Trump Voter of Spigot, Idaho, Somalia is where we had a war and kicked ass (Black Hawk Down tells them this is so) They’ve been at war with EyeRacK so banning them makes perfect sense, EyeRan are their implacable foes if they watch any news at all, they’ll know the name, so that makes sense, and if they’ve even heard of the other countries: “Who they hell cares anyway, we shouldn’t jus’ let anyone into our goddam country anyway” and there’s practically nothing those countries can do about it.

That some Judge in Manhattan has stopped it temporarily even plays to Trump’s narrative of the Liberal Elite trying to thwart his “sensible plans”. The Liberals can complain all they like, Farah and MPs even makes it a better story, as it looks “even handed”.

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    FFS Chewwy has turned up now. Time to move on.

Many of those criticising President Trump now on BBC news are saying they Might be prevented from going to USA. These people have Not even go there yet but have already started using their foresight to predict that they would be banned. 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

Ah. Just the person, I was waiting for.

Northwind

Strikes me that nobody in history has more eagerly awaited news of a terrorist attack than Trump just now, it’d be like christmas for him.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,201 through 5,240 (of 23,102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.