Viewing 40 posts - 5,121 through 5,160 (of 23,066 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • kimbers

I see May has stopped defending him and finally made a meally mouthed condemnation of Trump’s ridiculous policy.

Being the first leader to meet him looking even stupider now.

On the plus side May is being exposed as out of her depth and incompetent in a way we’ve not seen since …… she was foreign secretary.

cchris2lou

Has Trump tweeted about the judge decision yet?
    That should send him into overdrive.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump
    All quiet, must have lost his phone charger during the move

cchris2lou

Like Hitler, they don’t want to wake him up.

outofbreath
    Free Member

” May … she was foreign secretary”

Cite!

outofbreath
    Free Member

Couldn’t they have achieved almost the same thing without the total incompetent disaster element by just not granting visas to the relevant applicants? Yes, there’d be a short delay while people with previously granted visas travelled but that’s not a significant drawback.

kimbers

Yeah my bad !

May as HOME Secretary at least she only tried it with some shitstirring vans

She should have warned trump how much trouble that caused her.

kimbers

Good advice from the US Dept of Defence….

Social media postings sometimes provide an important window into a person’s #mentalhealth. Know what to look for. https://t.co/B0tPAHwjVK https://t.co/AbXrw2QhQd

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

An order to Defense Secretary Jim Mattis to come up with a plan within 30 days to defeat so-called Islamic State

Seems totally rational to me. Not barking in the slightest, no sir, totally normal. 😕

“The feeling of injustice is so big, and this ban is so demeaning! Shame!” – Syrian scientist working on skin cancer research and living in Germany who now finds she cannot travel to Philadelphia in February to visit colleagues.

“Dreams shattered” – cardiology fellow from Jordan whose Syrian wife’s family cannot come to visit in the US.

“We may try our chances with other countries” – Iranian professional in Washington DC, whose wife is now stuck in Iran.
    He really is a muppet.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38786660

jambalaya
    Free Member

Visa/travel ban is a 90 day order. It quite rational that just because one person is in the US that their whole extended family does not have a right to visit the US. Trump said he would impose restrictions “until we figure out what is going on”

Flaperon

I see May has stopped defending him and finally made a meally mouthed condemnation of Trump’s ridiculous policy.

It must be difficult for her because I’m pretty sure she’d leap at the opportunity to do exactly the same.

An order to Defense Secretary Jim Mattis to come up with a plan within 30 days to defeat so-called Islamic State

Wait, you mean that all we needed was a plan and the problem would have been solved?

The man really is as thick as two short planks.

tjagain

Really Jamba? us military veterans have been denied entry despite having green cards. US government employees have been denied entry despitehaving green cards.

kimbers

It quite rational

😯

akira

So jambalaya, if you had relatives in a foreign country would you be happy if they couldn’t visit you. Also how many people in the US have been killed by terrorists from the banned countries?

tjagain

Madeline Albright a real hawk of a republican has condemned it unreservedly and has said she will register as a muslim and encourages everyone else to do the same. The daughter of Jewish refugees from Czechoslovakia.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It quite rational that just because one person is in the US that their whole extended family does not have a right to visit the US

But he has also banned entry to anyone from those countries even if they have a visa/permanent residence or green card.
    It’s also not legal to use country of origin as a basis for immigration selection in the US and even transiting through.

A vet from Glasgow says she is “upset” and “afraid” after being prevented from flying to the US under President Donald Trump’s executive order barring people from several Muslim countries.
    Hamaseh Tayari, who holds an Iranian passport, had been due to fly home from a holiday in Costa Rica via New York.
    But she has been told she cannot fly to the USA because of the order.
    The American president said the measures would “keep radical Islamic terrorists out of the US”.
    The 90-day travel ban affects nationals from Syria, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen.

Whats he going to work out in 90 days? That nobody from one of those countries has perpetrated an act of terrorism in the US or that the last people who did came form Saudi etc ie the places he has important business dealings with no security fears about.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

jambalaya – Member

Trump said he would impose restrictions “until we figure out what is going on”

It seems reasonable if he can’t figure out what is going on.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“It’s also not legal to use country of origin as a basis for immigration selection in the US and even transiting through.”

I don’t doubt it but can you cite your source.

kimbers

as tweeted byTory MP Nadhim Zahawi

Afaic Theresa May has shamed herself and her country

The question is will she admit she was wrong?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

It seems reasonable if he can’t figure out what is going on.

The fact that it’s likely to become a permanent ban is probably the most worrying element, and really a poor excuse for establishing it in the first place.

gobuchul
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

akira – Member

Also how many people in the US have been killed by terrorists from the banned countries?

To be fair trump did say that he doesn’t know what’s going on, apparently he’ll have a better idea after 90 days.

Give the man a chance to find out what’s going on.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can’t find the article, was on the other computer a bit earlier today though I will post if I can find it.
    Anyway quick summary of Trump’s business dealings with the countries not on the list
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-muslim-ban-excludes-countries-linked-businesses-article-1.2957956

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Loving reading the increasingly absurd defences, by his apologists, of Trumps absurd behaviour. Keep it up boys! Sad.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So living in the US you are 15 times more likely to be killed by lighting than by an Islamic Jihadist immigrant?

It turns out that the Westboro Baptist Church were right after all – God does hate America

Jamie
    Free Member

My only concern, other than chekwk’s silence, is whether this bombastic act is being done purely to distract or water down the reaction to what is coming.

tjagain

Jamie – I doubt he is that clever personally. Those with personality disorders have no idea how normal folk think and anything they say, do or think is always right in their eyes.

akira

The thing is Ernie he should be listening to the people who do know what’s going on instead of the motley crew of racists and mentalists he’s surrounded himself with.

kimbers

Can’t wait till he comes to meet the queen

It’ll nicely tarnish the Windsors as well as our PM as she fawns over him

And there may be the odd protestor too!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Jamie – I doubt he is that clever personally.

Chewwy? He very clearly craves attention, I am staggered by how willingly people are prepared to give it to him, and how seriously many people are in their responses.

Manipulating people to that level requires a certain level of intellectual skill imo.

Alpha1653
    captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Chewwy? He very clearly craves attention, I am staggered by how willingly people are prepared to give it to him, and how seriously many people are in their responses.

Or they’re poking him with a stick when bored.

Jamie
    Free Member

Chewwy?

No, Trump.

Chewkwk is purely a comedic foil for this thread. Which is not to disregard an opposing point of view as comical, but he is obviously contrary just for the sake of it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Can’t wait till he comes to meet the queen

You wait until he finds out just radicalise the UK has become. Police no go Muslim areas in UK cities, as Trump helpfully informed the world during his election campaign? The Queen doesn’t even wear a crown anymore preferring a hijab instead.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Hmm…

What links The Queen, this pic, and Donald Trump?

gobuchul
    Free Member

WTF did you come from? 🙂

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

My mummy’s tummy…

bearnecessities

Yay! This thread needed some momentum 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

but he is obviously contrary just for the sake of it.

remember this lesson young padawan for one day you will meet ninfan

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jamie – I doubt he is that clever personally. Those with personality disorders have no idea how normal folk think and anything they say, do or think is always right in their eyes.

Who voted for Trump?
    Which candidate “understood” normal folk better?
    What is populism all about?
    Who is the “clever” one?

Viewing 40 posts - 5,121 through 5,160 (of 23,066 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.