Viewing 40 posts - 4,681 through 4,720 (of 23,113 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • torsoinalake
    Free Member

4K streams use more bandwidth non-shocker.

DrJ

Climate change pages to be removed from EPA website. He may trash the planet but hey, it winds up the lefties.

vinnyeh

The rise of high definition video streaming also demands more internet traffic, which may have contributed to the increased bitrates shown in Akamai’s figures.

Lots of caveats in that article ninfan. Wonder who these unnamed analysts are, and the techniques they used to derive their (rather curiously, unquantified) conclusion

akira

Russian internet speed must be pretty good.

GrahamS

‘Alternative fact’ beginning to look very much like ‘fact’…

Umm… no.

“the largest audience ever to witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe”

is an entirely different claim to

“the most watched news event streamed online to date”

mikey74
    Free Member

Climate change pages to be removed from EPA website. He may trash the planet but hey, it winds up the lefties.

I think that’s pretty much where it stems from. The practicality being that scientists can no longer use public domain government multi-media outlets for publishing [climate change] research and must be limited to journals.

Northwind

Did you know that nobody watched Abraham Lincoln’s inauguration online? Eisenhower- none. Truman- none. Kennedy, Wilson, Madison, Monroe, Grant, Washington- all none. Clearly Trump has the best inauguration.

slowoldman

4K streams use more bandwidth non-shocker.

Indeed.

akira

Just as well bill gates hadn’t turned the internet off.

GrahamS

Did you know that nobody watched Abraham Lincoln’s inauguration online? Eisenhower- none. Truman- none. Kennedy, Wilson, Madison, Monroe, Grant, Washington- all none. Clearly Trump has the best inauguration.

Not one person tweeted about Bush’s inauguration. And no one instagrammed Obama’s 😆

kimbers

Alternative fact’ beginning to look very much like ‘fact’…

Clutching desperately at straws there !

I’m sure loads people tuned in to rubberneck at the potential car crash, it was very dull in the end,
    what got Donald’s goat was that an extra million+ turned up for Obama’s innaugarration and the millions of women who marched around the world against the orange one.

That’s why he held that rant about cried sizes at the CIA, question. Is how many Trumper’s did he buys in there to clap for him? .

Tiny hands, tiny crowd, massive ego = tantrums
    Let’s not forget his quest to prove that he never lost the vote, by coincidence Hillary’s extra 3 million were all fraudulent…
    It’s hilarious !!

ninfan
    Free Member

Let’s not forget his quest to prove that he never lost the vote,

How odd – only a few weeks ago the Clinton supporters were telling us that Trump only won because of extensive voter fraud

akira

Ninfan, at that point trump said there was no voter fraud and now he’s investigating voter fraud. So which is it?

slowoldman

Apparently the Mexicans are now going to “reimburse” the cost of the wall
    ”In a form”

maxtorque

History tells us that Hitler didn’t just start murdering Jews one morning.

No, there were several years and months of small, incremental policy changes, each seemingly not too extreme or excessive, that inevitably lead to the irreversible acceptance of extreme politics by a disillusioned populous, that ultimately resulted in world war and the deaths of millions of innocent people.

I think it’s time we stepped up and stopped Trump by whatever means necessary to prevent History repeating………

Pigface
    Free Member

How odd – only a few weeks ago the Clinton supporters were telling us that Trump only won because of extensive voter fraud

Source or is it an alternative fact ?

DrJ

I think it’s time we stepped up and stopped Trump by whatever means necessary to prevent History repeating………

In that context …

km79
    Free Member

Can’t stop at Trump, his whole team need removing lest one of them take over.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“seemingly not too extreme or excessive,”

…bollocks. Nazi anti-Semitism was excessive from day 1. It’s all in Mein Kampf.

He had a million strong uniformed private army long before he was in power.

33pc of people were unemployed.

The other parties were intimidated out of existence.

The USA is nowhere near becoming Nazi Germany.

Apart from anything else why would the USA want to steal neighbour’s territory? They’re trying to keep Mexicans out not take it over. Canada? Would Canada welcome invasion the way Austria did?

One of the biggest criticisms of Trump is he’s too isolationist FFS.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“I think it’s time we stepped up and stopped Trump”

Replace “Trump” with “Social Democrats and Bolsheviks” and who do you start to sound like?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

And just because I want to post this.

The Pope, David Beckham, Donald Trump and a ten year old boy are flying in an airplane. The plane loses power and is quickly falling from the sky. they are going to crash. There are only three parachutes and a discussion begins about who should have them

David Beckham rambles on

“I’m the King of football, I inspire thousands of people, my fans need me”

He takes one of the parachutes and jumps

Donald Trump shouts

“I am President of the United States! My people need me to make America great again, I am the smartest man in the US”

He takes one of the bags and jumps

The Pope says to the young boy

“I have lived a long and fulfilling life, you should take the last parachute and I will go down with the plane”

“It’s ok, there are still two parachutes left” says the little boy

“How come?” asked the Pope

The boy replies

“Because the smartest man in America took my backpack”

😆

Stoner
    Free Member

I hate to leave this where only the big hitters will see it, but it’s lolling funny and Trump related so probably ought to go here

[video]https://youtu.be/gneBUA39mnI[/video]

DrJ

seosamh77
    Free Member

maxtorque – Member
    History tells us that Hitler didn’t just start murdering Jews one morning.

No, there were several years and months of small, incremental policy changes, each seemingly not too extreme or excessive, that inevitably lead to the irreversible acceptance of extreme politics by a disillusioned populous, that ultimately resulted in world war and the deaths of millions of innocent people.

I think it’s time we stepped up and stopped Trump by whatever means necessary to prevent History repeating………😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Stoner deja vu (Graham on prior page 😉 )

@Northwind on streaming 🙂 it may not be a shocker but It’s hard to argue that its not true. Did any UK news agency show the whole inauguration before ? Sky broadcast the whole lot live. It’s the only one I have ever watched including when I actually lived there.

The Mexicans will pay for the wall for example via higher tariffs (NAFTA renegotiation) or a tax on money transfers from US to Mexico (eg Western Union). Trump will find a way.

Alternative Facts. I get all the jokes but what she meant IMO is one broadcaster used facts like the photos whilst the Trump term used alternative facts like streaming/tv coverage data

cchris2lou

Any comments on climate change Jambalaya?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not really Chris. The Americans have been against that sort of legislation for years. Look at the huge cars / trucks they drive and the low cost of fuel there. Obama was different. Trump is just reverting to type. Chinese are pumping out sh.t into the air all day every day. When I first went to HK in 1987 the view across the harbour was stunning, now the smog from Guangzoh and Schenzen (excuse spelling) is choking. We (eg UK and France) complain about a new runway whilst the Chinese build 30 new airports and air traffic is growing exponentially. Ditto India. We f–ked really as most of the world doesn’t care.

GrahamS

Regarding streaming – it’s no surprise to hear it was “the most streamed news event” – but actual viewing figures for streaming are very difficult to calculate.

Doing it in bandwidth is basically useless as one 4K stream ends up generating the same as half a dozen standard definition streams.

Doing it by “sessions” is equally fraught.

For example, in the course of our discussions here I’ve watched and linked to several different videos of the inauguration to make specific points. So I’ve probably generated at least a dozen viewer sessions despite the fact I’ve only actually watched a few snippets here and there while scrubbing through it.

Pigface
    Free Member

Alternative Facts. I get all the jokes but what she meant IMO is one broadcaster used facts like the photos whilst the Trump term used alternative facts like streaming/tv coverage data

This is your best yet, are you deliberately trolling now?

mikey74
    Free Member

We f–ked really as most of the world doesn’t care.

Oh, well, we might as well give up then. That’s it, shut everything off, put the cat out, cancel the milk, redirect the post. Last one out, lock the door.

Conversely, a lot of people aren’t quite as ready to throw in the towel as you.

DrJ

This is your best yet, are you deliberately trolling now?

It’s hard to know, isn’t it! Could a person really be that dumb?

DrJ

Jamba – have your wife translate for you!

Northwind

I gave up when they started talking about conceiving by ejaculating inside horses. This is what happens when you leave the women in charge.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Oh, well, we might as well give up then.”

Straw man.

MSP

Straw man.

No it’s his real hair.

mikey74
    Free Member

Straw man.

No, it was direct representation of the argument being put forward, which was “we’re f*****, so why not let trump get on with his anti-environment policies”, which was fairly clear so see. There’s no point me sitting here and listing out all the things wrong with that attitude as it has no bearing in fact, it’s just an emotional response by someone who doesn’t have a valid argument themselves.

DrJ

LOL @MSP

outofbreath
    Free Member

“the argument being put forward, which was “we’re f*****, so why not let trump get on with his anti-environment policies”,”

Straw man.

ninkynonk
    Free Member

and the chances of this thread becoming the biggest one ever are?

Viewing 40 posts - 4,681 through 4,720 (of 23,113 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.