• This topic has 23,116 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 1 hour ago by thols2.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,201 through 4,240 (of 23,117 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • chewkw
    Free Member

mikey74 – Member
    Just give it up Chew. You are really embarrassing yourself.

😆

kimbers – Member
    Its only day 1 obvs, but hes still trying to campaign?!?

his press officer also had a shouty rant at the 1st white house press conference today

You do know that protestors have been protesting since before the election don’t you and are still protesting regardless of the election result?

So who is right?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Chewkw.. Brexit voting, UKIP loving, Trump sucking, middle lane driving, slat hoofing, Trolling, Trolling, Trolling…

Jamie
    Free Member

No one linked the Sean Spicer vid yet?

The press conference is really setting out how things are going to be.

kimbers

Jamie – Member
    No one linked the Sean Spicer vid yet?

is everyne he employs that much of a swivel eyed loon?

hes no cj craig

skip to an hour in…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHcpyEXd9R8[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

Nah. It’s the first statement. Currently live.

[video]https://youtu.be/-ubOUgWXr5g[/video]

Some interesting nuggets.

colournoise

Jamie – Member
    The press conference is really setting out how things are going to be.

Worrying on quite a few levels…

Spicer Uses First White House Presser to Blast Media Over ‘Shameful’ Reports on Crowd Sizes

EDIT. Beat me to it.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just as long as they don’t come across as petty

*cough*

colournoise

Jamie – Member
    Just as long as they don’t come across as petty
    *cough*

Or just incompetent.

A representative to the press who can barely string together a meaningful sentence…

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s the plan tho. What’s the best way to show the regard you hold the press corp in? Send out Sean Spicer.

chewkw
    Free Member

Yes, all those fake media should be hammered for their twisted fake news.

The media might be able to side one or the other but creating twisted fake news … ya, their ratings will be hammered. 😆

akira

By it’s very content even the most erudite individual would struggle to make it meaningful.
    Before we go any further, you do know the meaning of the word fake don’t you? Only I’m not sure you’re using it right.

colournoise

chewkw – Member
    Yes, all those fake media should be hammered for their twisted fake news.

Yes. They should. All of them.

kimbers

I await a detailed breakdown from Spicer about the exact size of Trumps hands and how they compare to previous presidents…

“Media lies!!, Trump can play baseball without a mit, hes got huge hands, no really they are bigly huge, he definitely doesnt have a custom made phone with a teeny keyboard, That is fake news, Obama’s hands were infact much smaller, Trumps hands are actually the size of Regan & Linclns combined!!”

maybe its all a cunning plan to get deflate the SNL ratings by writing alec baldwins script for him and have trumo and his press secretary act it out .

I know its first day on the job, but will it be like this all the way up to his impeachment?

richwales

This thread needs some dancing [video]https://youtu.be/WeDDxIbka2A[/video]

kimbers

are we actually all stuck in some kind of immersive reality TV experiment?

akira

Do not vote now as this is history repeating itself and you’re vote will not count but you may be charged.

chewkw
    Free Member

fourbanger – Member
    Game’s up chewkkkw.

Okay I have given the protesting number that is so impossible it is over generous …

So out of about 350 million Merican people only one city managed 500,000 protesters according to guardian reporter.

The rest of the cities not even half that … Democracy! Yeaaa! 😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So out of about 350 million Merican people only one city managed 500,000 protesters according to guardian reporter

What’s your point caller? Are people being nasty to your uncle Donald? Don’t worry he will be strong enough not to tweet about it and complain that people don’t like him.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

GrahamS

So the only reason 100,000 people matched through London is because it is an Obama stronghold??

Brilliant stuff.

Your argument seems to be that people didn’t match against Trump in cities that are Trump strongholds.

Well duh!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

A US cake shop has admitted it was asked to replicate Barack Obama’s inauguration cake for Donald Trump.

The man behind the original cake, Duff Goldman from TV show Ace of Cakes, yesterday pointed out that Mr Trump’s inauguration cake looked a lot like the one he made for Mr Obama in 2009.

Both cakes feature the same number of nearly identical tiers, with star decorations “shooting” from the top
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-22/donald-trump-staff-asked-bakery-to-copy-obamas-inauguration-cake/8201586

Buttercream Bakery in Washington said this year’s inauguration committee commissioned them to re-create Goldman’s design.

“While we most love creating original designs, when we are asked to replicate someone else’s work we are thrilled when it is a masterpiece like this one,” Buttercream Bakeshop said on Instagram.

They credited the design to Goldman in the post.
    So either your trying to do all of these things on purpose to keep attention away from other stuff or your staff are incompetant. So which is it

cloudnine
    Free Member

Womens march in Austin

outofbreath
    Free Member

There’s something amusing about women marching for something without specifically saying what they want to happen. “What do we want?!: Verbose complaining with no specific objective.”

fourbanger
    Free Member

Trump inauguration crowd: Sean Spicer’s claims versus the evidence – the guardian
    https://apple.news/AtCmdC1w0TmayRJIW1s3ZGw

Just too funny!

thegreatape
    Free Member

That’s Washington the stronghold of previous admin.

Was Washington not the stronghold of the previous administration in 2009 when Obama was inaugurated? And in fact every other time a new president has been inaugurated?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

To be fair to Mr Spicer, he was probably trying to divert attention from the speech his boss made at the CIA.

However, in his remarks at the C.I.A., he wandered off topic several times, at various points telling the crowd he felt no older than 39 (he is 70); reassuring anyone who questioned his intelligence by saying, “I’m, like, a smart person”; and musing out loud about how many intelligence workers backed his candidacy.

“Probably everybody in this room voted for me, but I will not ask you to raise your hands if you did,” Mr. Trump said. “We’re all on the same wavelength, folks.”https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/us/politics/trump-white-house-briefing-inauguration-crowd-size.html

I know politicians are by definition egomaniacs, but generally not this transparently.

Pigface
    Free Member

Outofbreath what’s amusing about it?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

outofbreath – Member
    There’s something amusing about women marching for something without specifically saying what they want to happen.

As far as I’m aware, they were marching to protest the threat to women’s rights, the upholding of Roe v Wade and so on. Also to express disgust at the misogynistic and belittling attitude of Trump towards their sex.

Not quite sure how you missed that.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Outofbreath what’s amusing about it?”

It’s something of a feminine trait to complain about a problem for the sake of complaining rather than as a path to a solution.

kimbers

In spite of this

Trump and Spicer ranting on, this from Trump was pretty scary tho…

He went on to say that God had stopped rain from falling during his speech, before adding that he had “caught” the news network in a lie: “We caught them in a beauty.

“And I think they’re going to pay a big price
    .”

Sounds like freedom of the press will be under attack in Putin’s Trump’s America

For added crassness Trump’s self-agrandising whingefest was delivered in front of the memorial to CIA agents who died in the line of duty.

Pigface
    Free Member

A feminine trait 😯 ok good to know what we are dealing with. Have a good day.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

outofbreath – Member
    “Outofbreath what’s amusing about it?”

It’s something of a feminine trait to complain about a problem for the sake of complaining rather than as a path to a solution.

So all of the thousands males who are televised and pictured at protests of one kind or another in many different places all over the world over the years, where the object is to simply express opposition to one notion or another, what exactly is the “trait” that is peculiar to them?

kimbers

I think oob nicely exemplifying what the protests were about 😉

Nipper99
    Free Member

I thought the marches were a protest against a president who’s view of women was something akin to a Margaret Atwood novel. Trump and ‘The Sons of Jacob’.

akira

Complaining about a problem with no path to solution, sounds more like trump.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“So all of the thousands males who are televised and pictured at protests of one kind or another in many different places all over the world over the years, where the object is to simply express opposition to one notion or another, what exactly is the “trait” that is peculiar to them?”

Well yeah, protesting is often a bit vague and pointless IMHO.

It’s just especially amusing in this case AFAIC.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Complaining about a problem with no path to solution, sounds more like trump.”

Yeah, I laughed even harder at Trump’s speech. I kept thinking “Hasn’t it occurred to you that if that was a simple thing to deliver it would already have been delivered.”

As Obama said, reality bites. Listing aspirations is easy, delivering isn’t.

DrJ

Well yeah, protesting is often a bit vague and pointless IMHO.

Then your opinion is profoundly uninformed and unintelligent. Protesting of one sort or another has been the vehicle of immense change from the Suffragettes to the Vietnam War to the Jarrow March, to Kristalnacht. That much is self evident. Denying the facts makes you look like a bit of a fool tbh.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,201 through 4,240 (of 23,117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.