Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • "Don and Katy watched hypnotically Gino place more coffees out at another….
  • dan1980
    Free Member

14. Spin densities and population distributions can be measured quantitatively by neutron diffraction.

… apparently 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

He admired her face by the light of a post coital Craven A

Can’t remember where I read it but the image is still in my mind

Edit : Tom Stoppard

cranberry
    Free Member

“Borkhausen checks the kitchen and the toilet, but there’s no sign of the woman, and that’s a huge stroke of luck, because it saves them trouble and makes their work considerably easier.”

Alone in Berlin
    Hans Fallada

DaRC_L

56th Page, 5th sentence
    “Gunnar gave the shield a quick twist, so that the sword, fast in the shield, broke off at the hilt.”
    Njal’s Saga – Hollander translation.

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

56th Page, 5th sentence

In considering the form of the cathedral church, Justinian may have been influenced by the building activity of a wealthy senatorial lady, Juliana Anicia, who had recently completed an extremely grand church dedicated to St Polyeuktos on her property near the aqueduct of Valens

ooo! architecture-related, how on-STW-topic.

the fairly condescending claim that it was written so even builders could understand Byzantium, whilst managing to be one of the least engaging pop-history books i’ve read hasn’t made me love it. Interesting stuff though.

stanley

That woman’s blog is hilarious!!

A real bunny boiler I reckon, and so many of her posts have classic fails!

Brilliant 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Spasmic Gherkin, there are, far too many commas, in that sentence, I think you’ll find.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘"Don and Katy watched hypnotically Gino place more coffees out at another….’ is closed to new replies.