Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Domino's pizza – taking the pi55 or what?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Sixteen quid for a pizza WTF?

Am I being unreasonable in thinking that this is daylight bleedin’ robbery?

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask. Dastardly footpads etc..

cynic-al
    Free Member

You can usually get a deal IIRC.

Drac

Disgusting Pizzas anyway.

Use an independent shop, support your LPS. 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Harry_the_Spider

I’d want a go on the moped too for that money.

portlyone

They were doing collection only ones for a fiver at the weekend.

Only ever buy them with offers, how they justify £16 is anyone’s guess.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

They usually do a BOGOF or half price offer. Our local one is doing some crazy deals now pizza hut have moved in next door.

Sancho
    Free Member

sixteen quid, thats a bargain, Im currently working in Norway and paid ten quid for a 33cl bottle of beer last night.
    Pizza was twenty quid for a simple pizza and side order of chips was ten quid.

binners

I just find it funny when i see the words ‘gourmet’ and ‘pizza’ in the same sentence.

Its a piece of dough with various foodstuffs chucked on the top, then some cheese melted over it. It wouldn’t stretch the culinary skills of a 3 year old. Basically, its fussy cheese on toast.

Coyote
    Free Member

Is that £16 delivered?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Anyone with a food mixer and 20 minutes can make a much better one at home and it wont contain 1500 calories.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Coyote – yes that includes shipping!

I’d want a topless Kelly Brook to deliver it for 16 bloody notes.

donsimon
    Free Member

Am I being unreasonable in thinking that this is daylight bleedin’ robbery?

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask. Dastardly footpads etc..
    Dick Turpin had a gun and removed all elements of choice, Dominoes don’t and you do. To answer the question, yes you’re being unreasonable.

Jamie
    Free Member

*skip to the end*

No-one ever pays the full price. We know that. Dominos knows that. Derek knows that.

oddjob
    Free Member

It’s sh1t and you’re better off not eating it anyway 😈

KINGTUT
    Free Member

OP, as I recall from that photo you posted a while back, I think that is one website you should avoid.

😉

GW
    Free Member

Disgusting Pizzas anyway.

This ^^

derek_starship
    Free Member

Kingtut – that was 2 years and 21kg ago 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

2 years ago? Internet says 1 year.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Yep – October 6th 2009.

Harry_the_Spider

Derek,

Why don’t you just post a photo of your sleek self and stop all these knobbers bringing up the past?

johnners
    Free Member

Kingtut – that was 2 years and 21kg ago

2 years? That’s like yesterday on here.

Just think yourself lucky you weren’t photographed in your bedroom wearing DH kit, or outside pumping up a tyre.

Jamie
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I used to deliver for Dominos. Basically the pizza costs about £1. Then they pay wages and rent etc, and then the boss gets rich. Dillip, the guy that owned our shop, said he was aiming to make enough (Out of one shop) to retire at 45. He’s since bought another 2 shops that I know of…..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    You can usually get a deal IIRC.

But the point being, the ‘deal’ takes the pizza to the price it *should* be but the mug customer thinks they are getting a deal.

When me and my wife have pizza we get them from the local shop – two extra large pizzas cost £19 delivered (and a free bottle of Pepsi) but they last for the initial meal, the next day’s lunch and usually another snack. The boxes have to be tilted to get them through our front door 🙂

johnners
    Free Member

When me and my wife have pizza we get them from the local shop

What local shop’s that, MF?

grum
    Free Member

They’re rubbish anyway – as if pizza wasn’t unhealthy enough already they seem to be on a mission to jam in as much fat, salt and sugar as they can into every meal.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Chico’s on Commercial Street, Harrogate. Weapon of choice – Mexican Pie mmmmmm

as if pizza wasn’t unhealthy enough already

Pizza can actually be quite healthy *as far as fast food goes* – bread, cheese, vegetables, meat/fish, baked… Fair enough Domino’s ones probably aren’t too healthy though.

Stuey01
    Free Member

Don’t buy it then?
    Just a thought.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Hahaha! I’ve been away from here for bloody years, and within a couple of posts there’s the badger tyre pumping picture!

Fan bloody tastic.

johnners
    Free Member

Oh, I thought you meant local local – I think you’re just round the corner from my parents (Beckwith Road), so was hoping there was somewhere decent closer than town.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

derek_starship – Member

Kingtut – that was 2 years and 21kg ago

Congratulations! I hope you and the baby are well. 😉

Seriously though, well done been there done that.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Oh, I thought you meant local local – I think you’re just round the corner from my parents (Beckwith Road), so was hoping there was somewhere decent closer than town.

Sorry – meant local as not a chain. The Domino’s on Leeds Road is probably the closest. And yes – I am just around the corner from your parents on Whinney Lane 🙂 Is your dad the mental bloke who spins a piece of string with a weight tied to it around his garden to lop the tops off worm casts (gotta say that garden is immaculate though). 🙂

zbonty

its only a penny off £17.

That makes it nearly as expensive/rip off as a pack of ‘Bike Shield’ sticky clear plastic.
    What other nearly £20 cheekiness is there?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Cheers KT.

I feel much better for it. And I aint going back there.

Don’t buy it then?
    Just a thought.

You know, I can’t recall saying “last night I had a pizza from Domino’s that cost £16. What a rip off isn’t it. Thieves.”

I haven’t bought and I’m not going to buy – that was the point of my post.

Sanctimonious pricks abound and that includes you don simon.

donsimon
    Free Member

*waves* If you don’t want to hear the answer, don’t ask the question. 🙄

johnners
    Free Member

Is your dad the mental bloke who spins a piece of string with a weight tied to it around his garden

I wish.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I just buy my pizzas from the supermarket, somehow seems easier and cheaper. Also means I don’t have to wait for some pillock on a moped to deliver my dinner.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I just buy my pizzas from the supermarket, somehow seems easier and cheaper. Also means I don’t have to wait for some pillock on a moped to deliver my dinner.

Aye, but picture a Saturday night, kids just chucked into bed, beer cracked open, nothing sorted for tea dinner (sorry, my wife is trying to make me posherer) and picking up a phone is easier – then I can swig my beer and relaaaaxxxx….

konabunny
    Free Member

I used to deliver for Dominos….

I used to deliver for Pizza Hut and it was a crap business. The “managers” made less than minimum wage on an hourly basis. Franchises can end up effectively being a way of letting the franchisor benefit from the practically-zero protections in place for the frachisees because they’re not employees – but the business model (ingredients, menu, promotion, operational decisions, premises decisions) is all determined by the franchisees.

If your guy somehow found a way to make a lot of money out of it that didn’t involve 18 hour days, 7 days a week, then fair enough. But if there were a ton of money in it, franchises wouldn’t be franchises, they’d be directly owned.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

picture a Saturday night, kids just chucked into bed

Surely if the kids are in bed, you all ate dinner together earlier in the evening…..?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Domino's pizza – taking the pi55 or what?’ is closed to new replies.