• This topic has 22 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tang.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Domestic cleaners; what is the going rate?
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Life is a bit hectic at home at the moment so we are thinking of taking on a cleaner for 3 or 4 hrs on a Friday so that we don’t spend all weekend cleaning.

Anyone else do this? If so what is a fair rate?

BB

csb

10 quid an hour cash in bristol, they bring the Hoover and cleaning stuff

jonba
    Free Member

£40 for 3 hours through an agency in Newcastle

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    geoffj

£25 for 3 hours cash. We provide all the stuff.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I thought that £7 an hr, paid in cash would be reasonable. We would supply all products and equipment. Sort of inline with GeoffJ I guess.

seavers
    Free Member

Your going to need more lemon pledge…..

br
    Free Member

I thought that £7 an hr, paid in cash would be reasonable.

Reasonable, hope your boss is reading this and drops your wages to something ‘reasonable’…

FeeFoo
    Free Member

£7 is way too low.
    Closer to £12-15 would be reasonable.

tang
    Free Member

£10p/h here.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Totally depends where you are?
    £10 would be fair if it was direct with them but you’d probably pay £15ph through an agency and they’ll only end up with £8 if they’re lucky.
    Try to get one recommended by a friend as obviously they’re going to be in your house possibly when you’re not there?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

We pay £7.50

mossimus
    Free Member

We pay £10ph direct and provide all stuffs. She came recommended by friends.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Put it this way – what would you expect someone to charge in order to run a business and make a living?

£15 is the min fair rate in my books. Unless it’s a local teenager looking for a first job. Anyone else working for £7 kind of money under a boss will be very unlikely to be a hard working honest type who cares about their job!

JulianA
    Free Member

£15 per hour, supplies own tools and cleaning stuff.

Ours does a great job!

Drac

Your going to need more lemon pledge…..

No…No…

andyl
    Free Member

I think ours is £11ph for weekly maintenance cleaning, we supply products we want used. £15 per person per hour for a big deep clean, they bring all their stuff and machines to do carpets etc.

ourmaninthenorth

Between £13 and £20 an hour if you employ my brother in law. He has a relaxed attitude to his commitment (4 hours of cleaning at £10 an hour), hence the variable rate.

And being a student his timekeeping is changeable, often arriving at the weekend to do what he failed to do in the week when he was too busy “relaxing”. Or I find my MIL has been doing it (you can tell, she’s good) and then get made to feel guilty because of all the time she spends doing things for us (mainly childcare, which is unpaid).

Luckily for the OP I don’t live near Bristol, instead inhabiting that space between a rock and a hard place.

(Less ranty answer: we used to pay £12.50 ph 3 years ago in Manchester, they supplied cleaning products.)

myti
    Free Member

£10 an hour minimum if self employed! Not like they get any paid holiday or sick leave!

Ambrose

We pay £20:00 for however long she feels it’s worth. we provide all the cleaning stuff.

Thus, Sian will arrive, work her magic and then go. Sometimes the bedrooms don’t get done, sometimes they do. It depends upon how manky the rest of the house is.

Does anybody else clean and tidy before the cleaner comes?

totalshell

the most bizarre cleaner i know starts her half day a week by emptying the cutlry drawer and re washing every item in it.. ive known this take the whole morning.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Thanks everyone.

BB

Lester
    Free Member

i pay £12 an hour but make sure i am there at the same time and do housework at the same time so i think im getting twice the work done

tang
    Free Member

That’s 10ph cash here and provide all the kit.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Domestic cleaners; what is the going rate?’ is closed to new replies.