Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dalby forest.?
  • jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Heard loads of good & bad things about it.
    Few of my mates wanna pop down & have a blast o the red or black route..
    I went there few years ago & found it OK but nothing too hardcore etc.

Heard its been changed a bit.
    My mates & myself dont wanna do the Red route then think ARGH should have done the Black..
    Possible to do both in a day as were not that fit as would both routes be 70miles +…….
    You tubed it & only shows few trails etc….
    Whats the worse bit on these trails then please.????

THX Jv. 😉

sadexpunk

depends what you like riding really. ive only done red, so can only comment on that. took us 3 hours and was great fun. surprised at how rocky it was in places. we thought it was a bit like the peaks in that respect, which we certainly werent expecting.

real good xc blast tho and cant wait to do it again. not really into downhilly type stuff so we didnt try black.

uplink
    Free Member

The red is a good blast – 24 miles

some fast, flowing singletrack in the first & last 1/3s with a boring centre section
    no climbing to speak of

A great 2-3hr blast IMO

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Sounds about right TBH,dont mind a few jumps,or drop off etc but nothing Massive like.Sounds like the Craggs at Warncliffe that rocky section quite good to practice on.
    How bads the Black then .?
    North shore 3-4 feet in the air stuff .?
    20 foot drops etc etc..?

uplink
    Free Member

I've not done any of the black sections for a couple of years now
    There used to be some drops & vicious rooty bits & some short, severe climbs
    There a whole bunch of new black stuff after the Dixon's Hollow play area that looks interesting though

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

None of the black stuff is that difficult and the way its arranged is that you can easily do the red route up to Dixons Hollow, dip off onto the black sections and then link back up with the red. I think the distances they quote for the black (if its 70 miles for both!) must include riding the red all the way to the black and then all the way back to the visitor centre along the red. The black trails aren't that long in themselves and contained a pretty small area of the forest…

Pook

i like it

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

PS..Hw much is it these days fella.?

uplink
    Free Member

£7

Dirtynap
    Free Member

£7 for the whole day.
    Persoanlly I think the red route is rubbish, too long and most of it is totally boring. The black is pretty good though and the new world cup stuff is nice. Dalby has teh benefit of having lots of escapes and means you link teh red and black together to miss out some of the rubbish.
    The top part of the red route is personally the best bit, fast and flowing with some nice big bomb holes.

The downhill track is all of about 20 seconds, and is a bit of waste of time. Dixons hollow is great fun though, the tables are pretty big and the BMX track is a good laugh. The skinnies are fun aswell just don't bother with them if its wet.

IainGillam
    Free Member

Went this weekend just gone, didn't do the full red but bits of it (a mate was guiding us so we did the best bits) and did the full black which didn't take very long so both in a day would be easily feasable I would have thought. The black was very good, and the bits of the red we did were good to. As mentoned Dixons hollow was also good for a laugh even in full lycra which got some odd looks!

Iain

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

sounding ace mate.
    will have to see how it goes i guess ..
    Been riding years & like a bit of everything as dont wanna be comming home say 'I wish i had…' as dont know when we can all meet up to do it again…

Victory or death it is then chaps..
    Will report back when done….

Cant wait now…..sad eh?

S_J
    Free Member

I've only ridden Dalby once, before all the World Cup course was built, but I wasn't that impressed tbh. The red route is way too long and pretty repetitive.

As for the Black Route, I wouldn't go anywhere near the woodwoork sections if it's wet – They're absolutely leathal!

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Cheers all.
    Looking forward in going now

Just gonna Go with the flow i think..or follow the crowd 😉

IanHaughton
    Free Member

I'd rather watch paint dry than ride the red again, it makes the green at Thetford Forest seem intersting its that bland and boring and there's lots more fun stuff to do in North York Moors imho, Black was the tops though not worth 4hr trip up and back from the south 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dalby forest.?’ is closed to new replies.