Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Doing a deal on a used car…. How much will I get off?
  • tootired
    Free Member

You might get a better deal nearing April when they are trying to make year end targets. Worked for me buying new.

pjm84
    Free Member

Good stuff shotsaway.

It was the sales guy who I bought my Volvo off who told me cash was no longer “king”. My local Volvo dealer pi55ed me off in the morning so I bought a car from another Volvo dealer that afternoon.

Luckily we managed to pay for our last 5 cars outright so the dealer needs to earn his loyality and I believe they struggle with this concept as they think they have a “captive consumer”. I do tend to walk away if we can’t come to an agreement as to me its a simply transaction based on a fair market price for the car.

ross980
    Free Member

Out of curiosity, why would you want to put your own hard earned savings into a depreciating asset. Why not consider the dealer funding options and keep your hard earns savings in the bank?

Because the amount of interest you’d pay on the loan is far more than the interest you’d earn from leaving it in the bank.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Doing a deal on a used car…. How much will I get off?’ is closed to new replies.