Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Dogsitting
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Dog sitting a friends yappie westie for the week while they are in mexico

Already i want a collie( have for ever but lifestyle doesnt suit and that would be cruel ) 🙁

Dibbs
    Free Member

We’re currently looking after my daughter’s Bichon Frize (she’s gone to work in Romania). I’m spending more time walking on the Quantocks than riding 😥 please don’t laugh if you see us.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m sorry to make you jealous, trail rat. I’m regularly looking after a mate’s Border Collie and Collie’s really are lovely dogs. It’s not bad walking him either. 🙂 Last night we did about 8 miles at an average of 10 mph, him running and me riding and he was easily up for more. If your situation changes get one, because you’ll love it.

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

You walk a Bichon Frise…I thought you had carry it? 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Yeah im still young and work away for 4/5 weeks at a time and mrs tr is out 7 am till 7 pm we have friends who do similar but have a chocolate lab and live in a tiny house in town and keep the dog in a run in the back garden all day. I think thats unfair on the dog.

“Can i get on the sofa please ? ”

I think she gets on the sofa at her house but we are not letting her on account of brand new leather sofa.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

I am fortunate as the wife has a flexible job and i also work away for up to 4 weeks at a time, we have a plummer terrier shes fab and the inlaws have a collie, old english (dulux dog) and a bichon noire, (annoying yappie bastard) our dog is fab left alone but shes only ever bin left for 3 hours alone in that time all my trainers were in a pile in living room, granted not chewed but just one of every trainer/shoe u have to laugh.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

getonyourbike

How strong is the herding instinct in the Collie you look after? Would love one myself, but looks like it will be one for after retirement!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Happy dog , we went out for an hour and a half up the quarry in the rain = wet and cold dog shivvering , so i lit the fire and put her blanket infront of the fire …..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz goes dog obviously dreaming as twitching and legs are moving

anagallis_arvensis

friends who do similar but have a chocolate lab and live in a tiny house in town and keep the dog in a run in the back garden all day. I think thats unfair on the dog.

As long as the dog gets two good walks a day I’m sure it doesnt care. Dogs sleep a lot.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

A dog only knows what its used to and will settle and it become a routine ours sleeps most of the time and u get a growl as u wake her up the daft sod

trail_rat
    Free Member

We had a golden retriever when i was younger .

It would destroy the house if you left it for more than a couple of hours. It also got car sick. Great combination!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

curiousyellow – Member
    getonyourbike

How strong is the herding instinct in the Collie you look after? Would love one myself, but looks like it will be one for after retirement!He doesn’t really try to herd anything tbh, which is good. He really is a lovely dog.

tomsk01
    Free Member

Look after my housemates Alsatian a fair bit as she often goes away for a few weeks at a time, though walking him twice a day whilst working outside all day everyday and trying to get bike rides in leaves me proper knackered after a couple of weeks, wouldnt really want to do it for any longer

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Dogsitting’ is closed to new replies.