Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Dogs with novelty-sized sticks
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I was out for a walk the other day and saw a collie with what can only be described as a branch in it’s mouth, which was both amusing and cute.

Let’s have some dogs with large sticks photos :mrgreen:

(I don’t have a dog so can’t contribute, I’m afraid).

OK, here’s one I grabbed off the internet:

moonsaballoon

Charlie loves a log

MrsToast
    Free Member

The in-laws’ Fat Russell normally provides good value in the stock department. Reminds me of bikers with unfeasibly wide handlebars.

bruneep

😀 @ fat JR

bearnecessities

Already this is my favourite thread ever 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

😆

Tiger6791

Magnetodog recovering stick from water

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Love this topic….

I’m not a dog lover, but do love it when they attempt to carry things like this, i.e. small tree trunks.

I feel sorry for them when they try to run through gates and get stuck, and sometimes lend a hand 😉

Apart from ants, perhaps these dogs are the only other animals to carry something in their mouth that weighs more than their body mass !

timidwheeler

Ants don’t carry really big stuff in their mouths.

They aren’t that stupid.

jambalaya
    Free Member

🙂

allfankledup

We used to have a collection of brush handles,stacked in the garage waiting to go – mostly because our staffy would seize a brush, then run through a doorway. Bye bye brush handle…

choppersquad
    Free Member

Any thread with Magnetodog in it is a winner in my book.

chakaping
    Free Member

Whenever I see a dog with a comically large stick I put on my harry hill-style funny dog voice and say “Ooo’s got a big stick den?”

And words to that effect.

Can’t help it.

v8ninety

Is it just me that keeps glancing at the thread title and misreading it as something decidedly less savoury? 😯

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

We had a Labrador that on seeing a forestry log pile would try for all his worth to get one. 🙂

davosaurusrex

Ah, this thread reminds me of taking our neighbours lab for a walk many years ago. He picked up a big stick and then tried to run through the gap between myself and my brother from behind. Caught us across the back of the knees and we both ended up flat on our our backs in the mud whilst the dog stood there wagging his tail at us, usual gormless lab look on his face with his unfeasibly large stick still clamped in his gob.

Tiger6791

choppersquad – Member
    Any thread with Magnetodog in it is a winner in my book.

He was 13 yesterday 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

Bump! :mrgreen:

jimster01

Jimmy with a twig

hooli

Brilliant thread. Its not something mine do but enjoying all the photos.

CheesybeanZ

not a mega stick but it makes me smile .

ffej
    Free Member

Oh go on then…

My girl with a fairly sizeable bit of timber down at the beach…

DezB
    Free Member

Hope wiv log

Not massive log, but this was the photo in the ad when we bought her all them years ago…

We used to walk this Staffy and if you gave it a tree stump (or rock, if you were feeling rotten) it would carry push the thing as far as it could, then just growl at it. It was hilarious (you had to be there)

CountZero

Magnetdog does pretty well, but #fatjackrussel wins the internet for today! It’s the slightly smug expression that makes me laugh every time I look at it.
    With such little stumpy legs, I’m amazed it can even walk carrying that stick. I’d struggle to carry something that long without snagging it on random bits of scenery! 😀

matt_outandabout

FatRussellDog is best user name ever…

MrsToast
    Free Member

Fat Russell (actual name: Bailey) is a ruddy nightmare with sticks/branches/lumber. He’ll gleefully take out the back of your legs as he runs by with a 7ft monster stick, and will occasionally get annoyed at difficult to carry objects, come to a full halt and just shout at them.

leffeboy

The title says sticks. Must get eyes fixes

MrsToast
    Free Member

It took him a while to get the optimum position for that stick..

Also, VIDEO ACTION! Complete with Mr Toast mocking him for his efforts, but he soon showed us!

[video]http://youtu.be/AkpEFA4R_LI[/video]

Sometimes he tries to retrieve sticks that are still attached to trees though…

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve now got the image in my head of that branch springing back and taking out the pooch nearest the camera

😆

grey

Maybe , just maybe , it’s Fat Russells putting all those logs on bike trails ……… makes you think. 😆

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

Here’s Eithin the Springer with a stick she found when she was a pup. Technically she’s not carrying it but she did decide to drag it 100 metres down the track.

CountZero

Re FatJR:

Stick a leg at each corner, separated at birth!
    😆

mikey74
    Free Member

Here’s Eithin the Springer with a stick she found when she was a pup. Technically she’s not carrying it but she did decide to drag it 100 metres down the track.

It all counts :mrgreen:

mikey74
    Free Member

I think this thread needs a bump, to lighten the mood 😆

headfirst
    Free Member

Well done mikey for the resurrection, FatRussell Bailey is truly awesome.

mikey74
    Free Member

😆

CountZero

I keep coming back to this thread just to look at the photos of Bailey/Fat Russell and giggle. 😀

somafunk

I’ve came back here just to look at Fat Russell and remind myself of happier times……..before the leave vote 🙁

mikey74
    Free Member

As joyous as Bailey is, we need some new material. Another internet pic:

😆

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Dogs with novelty-sized sticks’ is closed to new replies.