Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Dogs on Snowdon
  • snakebite
    Free Member

Im planning on walking up to the summit and back with my springer, hes pretty fit trail dog and i’ll check his feet and stuff, just wondered if anyone had an up/down preference for Rhyd-ddu and Rangers path?

Pigface
    Free Member

Did the Watkin Path with my Staffy, took about 10 litres of water for the two of us, he was feeling it until we got to a height where he cooled off and was back to being his bouncy self. It was hot and he was plodding a bit 😆 a pasty at the cafe for him and back down, no feet problems.

sandal100

Do they need to be on a lead when going up? I don’t know what it’s like on the way up for livestock etc.

tillydog
    Free Member

I’d probably go up Rhyd Ddu and down the Ranger, but I don’t think it makes much odds.

Do they need to be on a lead when going up?

YES (Please) – There are sheep grazing all over.

cultsdave
    Free Member

Do they need to be on a lead when going up?
    YES (Please) – There are sheep grazing all over.

If your dog is well trained ignores sheep and is kept under control like mine is then no need for a lead.

snakebite
    Free Member

cheers tillydog 😀

uwe-r
    Free Member

Did the Watkin Path with my Staffy, took about 10 litres of water for the two of us, he was feeling it until we got to a height where he cooled off and was back to being his bouncy self. It was hot and he was plodding a bit a pasty at the cafe for him and back down, no feet problems.

A baby eater!

deadslow

Took our Springer and 11 and 12 year old girls there 2 years ago. Went up the Miners Path and down the Llanberis Path. Got a taxi back to the car. Only time I have ever seen my dog properly knackered.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lead can be useful in some places due to exposure, up Pygg down Miners is fairly easy and dog friendly. I believe Ryhdd Du has one scrambly bit ?

This guy names some very nice films inc a few in Snowdonia, an excuse to post

[video]http://vimeo.com/119248275[/video]

fd3chris
    Free Member

There’s always some knob isn’t there uwe-r ?

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes of course I fed him babies, it is recommended for Staffy’s 🙄

fd3chris
    Free Member

Mine loves the jelly kind

walleater

Forget leads, if Snakebites dog is as well behaved as he is, I’d be putting it in a straightjacket heh….(Hi Snakebite).

fettlin

Plenty of water in my pack for him, the Mrs and me. Up Llanberis path and back down the same way.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/J8avNX]Toby and I on Snowdon.[/url] by andy.gines, on Flickr

sandal100

I’ll keep mine on a lead. Don’t want a boisterous GSD scaring the animals

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Dogs on Snowdon’ is closed to new replies.