Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • dogs don't like reverb seat posts
  • jedi

got mine out the van to put on for tonights ride and found my jack russells chewed the hose to bits on sunday in the van.
    arrrghhhhhhhhhhhh love my dogs but sometimes i wonder why 😀

RealMan
    Free Member

Argh nightmare. Hope it didn’t drink any of the fluid?

mboy
    Free Member

Agh, so it’s not the postman that’s not delivered mine, next door neighbour’s dog took a liking to it then?!?! 😉

jedi

all 3 of them did it. i only left them in the van for 15mins. gits!!!!

RustyMac

What do you use to bleed a Reverb? Hope it is not dot fluid, that could make a real mess of any painted surface in the van. Has the dog been acting funny since it chewed it?

jedi

i have never bled it. worked awesome as for acting funny……..you never owned a jack russell 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Good news is it’s mineral based in a Reverb

Pain in the posterior though!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

the stuff that came with ours looks like the same mineral oil shimano use in their brakes.

scruff
    Free Member

I’ve had to stop my dog licking DOT off the garage floor.

andyl
    Free Member

The seem to sell 2.5wt suspension fluid (mineral oil) in the bleed kits. I had also wondered if it was the same stuff as shimanos brake fluid as that is very low viscosity and I have 1L of it. But then 1/2L of 2.5wt is only £6.

Tony – maybe time for braided hoses!

jedi

can you get braided reverb hose?

andyl
    Free Member

I don’t see why not, but be careful it doesnt rub on the stanchion bit. You can always just get some overbraiding to put on for protection and not for the added bulge resistance that you get from the brake like stuff.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Yeah, 2.5W suspension oil in the Reverb. I couldn’t find any locally, so used 5W and it seems fine.

andyl
    Free Member

something like this but dog chew proof: http://www.easycomposites.co.uk/carbon-fibre-reinforcement/braid/carbon-fibre-braided-sleeve-5mm.aspx

actually kevlar might be good idea as it won’t be as stiff as stainless steel and could be chew proof. Carbon might splinter and hurt the dog. Oh and it will pretty much only come in yellow though which might be a problem.

here you go, wonder if it’s dog proof? http://www.techflex.com/prod_kvx.asp

MarkN
    Free Member

Pain in the posterior though!

That depends if it is stuck up or down.. 🙂

Good idea but I fear the dog will just go for the next chewiest bit it can sink its teeth into.

andyl
    Free Member

maybe leave some tough dog chews tied up in the van 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘dogs don't like reverb seat posts’ is closed to new replies.