Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Doggie Advice….
  • boblo
    Free Member

Steady on at the back…

Yesterday we found a neighbours Rotweiler in our garden again. It gets out through a gap in their fence and wanders around the close playing with the cars and terrorising the rabbit (in my case).

Where do we stand legally on this? I’ve spoken to the owner twice now, very civilised but little action.

Over to STW for a suitable solution (Classifieds?).

wwaswas

Failing to control a dog is a criminal offence.

Do you have any baby robins in your garden?

JEngledow
    Free Member

You can probably get quite a few curries and kebabs out of a large Rotweiler 😈

qwerty
    Free Member

💡 Send a lion through the fence into their garden.

iolo
    Free Member

Have a word with them. If they don’t play ball call the council dog pound (if they still exist) to come and get it.
    Maybe move the rabbit to a safer place? In the shed or whatever until this is sorted.

johnellison
    Free Member

+1 for council dog warden. Sod discussing it.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Lights on = watching
    Windows down = touching
    Doors open = access all areas

boblo
    Free Member

@ WCA 😆

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

+1 dog warden. You can ask to remain anonymous, and the dog warden will take the heat, not you. May avoid a neighbourly fall out.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Feed it picolax and then take it staight back saying ‘I just found your dog on the street eating a rotten chicken carcass’.

Cue dog never being let out again to avoid ensuing fecal carnage?

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Erm, secure YOUR garden so it can’t get in?

chakaping
    Free Member

Cue dog never being let out again to avoid ensuing fecal carnage?

Never let in again more like!

Erm, secure YOUR garden so it can’t get in?

Does seem the obvious solution.

boblo
    Free Member

Yeah, yeah, yeah. But I shouldn’t really need to turn my place into a Rotweiler proof fortress because my dim neighbour can’t control their pooch should I. <sigh>

MrNutt
    Free Member

poison your rabbit then let it spend its dying hours as free (lunch) in your garden.

you get shut of the dog, never have to clean out the hutch and blame the neighbour.

boblo
    Free Member

Now that is a good idea. Can’t stand the bloody thing….

dabble
    Free Member

We have a similar problem at our work. The guy over the back fence has decided our yard should be his dogs personal toilet so has made a hole in the fence to let it get through. We have repaired this hole several times but it keeps getting opened up again. I think i’ll email the council tomorrow. Especially peed off today as i trod in a lump of dog mess it had left. Damn dirty owner.

LHS
    Free Member

Fix the hole. Job done. Not neighbours responsibility (unless fence belongs to them).

godzilla
    Free Member

Buy a sheep, then legally shoot the dog for worrying it.
    That or call the Animal warden, depending on your area and your council policy they may be able to fine the owner.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Doggie Advice….knee pads for the receiver

zilog6128

We have a similar problem at our work. The guy over the back fence has decided our yard should be his dogs personal toilet so has made a hole in the fence to let it get through. We have repaired this hole several times but it keeps getting opened up again.

Seriously? What a bell-end! Surely getting a shovel and launching all the dog-eggs over the fence into his garden (preferably all over his washing) would sort the problem!

butcher

Yeah, yeah, yeah. But I shouldn’t really need to turn my place into a Rotweiler proof fortress because my dim neighbour can’t control their pooch should I. <sigh>

Fixing a hole in the fence is hardly comparable to building a fortress.

Who does all the work and who pays for it is something to be worked out between you and your neighbour. But that is the answer.

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Dabble – how you have not taken action yet is amazing especially after several attempts to fox the hole. I’d be sending the dog shit back in a parcel with a note advising he fixes the fence or you’ll take your morning shit in his garden until the problem is rectified.

konabunny
    Free Member

Buy a sheep, then legally shoot the dog for worrying it.

I don’t get it – are you saying you want to shoot the dog using the sheep? Or is the sheep licensed to kill?

boblo
    Free Member

@butcher. We are not in adjoining properties. They live in a different street completely. The bloody dog gets out, wanders around to our close and then zero’s in on my wife’s bunny…

I think the Warden plan is a goer. Aren’t people supposed to keep potentially dangerous dogs tied up or secured properly? This beast could carry a child off!

Karinofnine

Oh dear, the poor dog, it could get run over, eat poison/discarded bones/other, or be kidnapped (dognapped?). Rotties are lovely dogs – Daily Mail notwithstanding.

I understand your and your wife’s concern re the rabbit and your expectations of privacy/sole occupation in your garden. Involving the Council is certainly tempting.

However, a number of stray dogs are put to sleep – arguably no bad thing – but perhaps you could find a Rotweiler Owners’ Site/Club or something on the internet and have a word with them? They may (or may not) intercede on your (anonymous) behalf… or even dognap the dog themselves?

boblo
    Free Member

I did think of sticking it in the back of the car and driving 10 miles away but that would probably be theft (and a bit cruel).

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Doggie Advice….’ is closed to new replies.