Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dog treats found in garden -should we be concerned?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

My wife has found dog treats scattered in the middle of the garden and thinks someone is trying to drug/steal the dog. Should we be concerned?

The garden is fully fenced and the only access is via the house or garage, the treats were in the middle (at least 2m from either fence) and the treats aren’t ones we buy. We live in a small cul-de-sac and there’s usually someone about (several young children, home workers, semi-retired etc). Should I call the local nick and report it as suspicious or just stay vigilant and call then if we spot anything else unusual?

bails

Is your garden surrounded by other gardens? If so, go and ask the neighbours. Maybe one of the kids next door has been trying to make friends with the dog?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I wouldn’t be letting my dog eat them at any rate..

I doubt plod will do anything really, as what could they do?

Any sign of a break in etc?

kimbers

Have you tested one of the dog treats?

neilthewheel

Does your dog bark all day and all night?

oldtalent
    Free Member

Is it one of them dogs that barks and barks and barks and barks and barks and barks and barks and barks and barks in the garden?
    If so I expect the neighbors are trying to do more than drug or steal it.

dmorts

At best, the next door kids threw them over the fence for the dog.

At worst, someone is trying make the dog indifferent to their presence so they can break into your house or steal the dog with minimum fuss.

The first option is more likely I reckon

drlex
    Free Member

Have you tested one of the dog treats?

May explain why no subsequent post from the OP…

bails

Is it one of them dogs that barks and barks and barks and barks and barks and barks and barks and barks and barks in the garden?

Good point. The in-laws dog is really quiet when they’re there, but cries and barks constantly when he’s left alone.

Maybe your neighbours just wanted some peace and quiet.

JEngledow
    Free Member

The garden is surrounded by others, but doubt it was neighbours as the treats were all in one area. We know both next door neighbours fairly well so doubt it would be them and they were at least 6m from the back fence.

We’ve not let him eat any and my wife isn’t keen on testing them!

I know plod won’t do anything, but if there is something suspicious other people might report similar (or not, hence asking)!

He doesn’t bark all day/night and isn’t left on his own much. Edit: we know neighbours pretty well and they all say he’s quiet when we’re not there.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No, don’t be worried..

chakaping
    Free Member

While it might seem ridiculous to call the police about someone throwing dog treats in your garden, I’m sure your neighbourhood policing team wouldn’t mind you calling just to ask if there’s been a spate of dog thefts or anything like that.

Is it a fashionable breed or something?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dog treats found in garden -should we be concerned?’ is closed to new replies.