Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Dog sh¥t
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Whilst riding this weekend I noticed something strange! Several dumb ass dog walkers have taken to gathering up their dogs mess as usual in the little bags, but rather than carrying to the bin I saw 3 strategically placed bags hanging from trees! What is wrong with people????

tails
    Free Member

people who do that honestly deserve there faces broken.

Northwind

I had a go at someone for doing that in the pentlands, she said "It's to make it easier for the rangers to clean up" as if this was the most obvious thing in the world.

sheldona
    Free Member

I quite often pile little bags up whilst out on local walks with my 2 dogs, then pick it up on the way back. Saves taking a bagoshite for a walk too. Just maybe someone was doing the same?

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

must of been a shit branch ;p

unovolo
    Free Member

There for the Sh!te fairy to gather as there easy for her to collect as she does not have to swoop down to the ground for them.

Personally I think its worse than just leaving the cr6p on the ground,bit of rain and sunshine and its gone in no time,however when left in little bags its there for months.

bonesetter
    Free Member

The bags I've seen have been left, and have been there for a time – no intention to pick back up at the end of walk.

I've seen these bags hung all over the place where others have to pass, thus upsetting others.

I would really like to find out the reasoning behind why they leave them behind. They don't get picked up, and the only proper action is to dispose of it, correctly if you have picked it up in a bag.

When I am walking my dog in a wood or on the hills and she has has an evacuation, I kick it into the side making sure no-one will step in it.

Couple of days later nature will take its course and will be return back to the earth

carlos
    Free Member

No matter where I take the mutt I pick it up without fail and I'm more than happy to carry it round and dispose of it in the next bin.

Edit – Cr4p that is not the dog.

KT1973
    Free Member

Those are dogs eggs. They lay them up trees in little plastic nests and in spring they hatch into puppies.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I'm glad others have seen it. Thought I was losing it, little orange and yellow parcels in the trees. Oh and fair play to all you lot who pick it up right and bin it.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

one reason that i heard for this behaviour was that "it's ok because the bag is bio degradable." not in fresh air it isn't you dumbass you still have to leave it in a composting environment!

here's one i saw a few years ago, woman walking dog on beach, picks dog shit up with bag, fair enough, then walks into the sea up to her ankles and proceeds to empty said bag… wtf?

EDIT: actually i suppose it cut out the middle man (water co.)

BoardinBob

I quite often pile little bags up whilst out on local walks with my 2 dogs, then pick it up on the way back.

I do that, but I'll hide it under an old log, or under something and collect it on the way back, but hanging it from a tree deserves a punishment beating

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have heard the same rationale as northwind. "Its so the people who clear up the path can clear it up easily". Its a crap excuse

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Of course we can blame Thatcher for people nowadays littering. There used to be rubbish bins all over the place but she got rid of them all*
    * in response to the IRA bombing campaign. Some have reappeared now but its a part of the reason.

wrightyson
    Free Member

With all respect tandem jerry, even thatcher didn't remove the bins up at black rocks as I don't think there would have been any! But down on the high peak trail where everyone parks for black rocks,, the labour government have spunked money on the dog sh¥t only bins!
    Anyhoo I posted just to see if it was a local thing but obviosly not. I might take a big black bin liner of old bike spares next week with me and hang them from some big fir tree! See if they "bioderust" 🙂

singlespeedstu

might take a big black bin liner of old bike spares next week with me and hang them from some big fir tree! See if they "bioderust"

I hang all my old tyres and tubes from trees in the local wood in a rubber fetish decoration style.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

🙂

It happens everywhere and its bang out of order.

KT1973
    Free Member

They might have been jobby apples

wrightyson
    Free Member

Cheers for clearing that one up then! I'll keep my eyes peeled wherever I go then coz I'm sure a slap in the cheek from a sh¥t filled bag as you whistle tightly past a tree ain't gonna be pleasant!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Dog sh¥t’ is closed to new replies.