Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Dog owners – what type would you recommend?
  • Sandwich

Pictures post using the IMG button eg [b]a pic url[/b][/ img]
    Copy the image location url into the dialogue box that appears when you press the IMG button above the reply box.

colnagokid

Thats what Im doing sandwich, Ive often posted pics on here, but not at the mo!

haddock
    Free Member

Has this dog got to run behind a bike?

vdubber67
    Free Member

the dog would have to be good around them, active, love water, the Mrs loves sailing, but also a bit of a lap dog as well?

3 greyhounds here. Beautiful, gorgeous dogs. But. Bit lazy, ours don't really like water, not very 'interactive' especially with kids and balls etc. Ours love your lap. Really fookin 'interactive' if they see a cat 😉

TBh I don't think they fit your bill really…

colnagokid

!!!

colnagokid

still trying

pitduck
    Free Member

neverfastenough said it staff or russel.

Sandwich

Where is the picture you want to post hosted on-line? I couldn't see any url in the source for your post.

Bedds
    Free Member

Any excuse to post this..

Boxer all the way.. utterly great with kids.. also like cats 🙄 do need to be walked and are ok with water 😀

darrell
    Free Member

and once again here's Sherlock with his favourite toy

and

skiing with the missus

ski
    Free Member

haddock – Member

Has this dog got to run behind a bike?

I was not planning to haddock, more a family pet, company for my Wife who will be working from home soon.

Will need to be reasonably active as we don't spend that much time at home, apart from cycling, we also enjoy camping and sailing so something that loves the water would be a bonus tbh.

Used to have Jack Russels in the past, before we had kids and they were great companions, bright and loyal dogs.

Not going to rush into it, just more interested in what other family based folk here have.

Any advice either way is good, thanks for the posts so far btw.

surfer
    Free Member

Darrell. Where was the skiing photo taken?

darrell
    Free Member

near the parents in law's place in Odda, Norway.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Bedds, gorgeous boxer! How old? (not very judging by extreme hugeness of paws!)

montylikesbeer

Any excuse to show this, one man and his lab

mcboo
    Free Member

We have a lovely Beagle, great with kids, short haired. Always begging for food and pull like crazy on the lead unless you train them well. She's not big on water though.

Labradoodle? Come in all flavours, don't shed fur, lovely temperament. I'd love a Pointer but you have to be very tall and handsome to walk around with one of those.

mcboo
    Free Member

My Beagle

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Had a Lakedoodle (long story but the breeder said her pedigree Poodle was "raped" by a Lakeland in the park and she wanted rid of the filthy Mudbloods).
    Parents bought me the only dog in the litter – combination was volatile to say the least – bloody intelligent but could be a nasty little swine when he wanted to be.
    Lasted 15 years and still very active on the day he died (straight after a 5 mile walk, in front of the fire – I want to go this way too)
    Anyway – crosses are good for all the reasons above, but if you go that way be mindful of the traits of the bitch and dog.
    Am in negotiation with "The Midwife" for a new dog now the kids are older – like the look of the Spanish Water Dog or Labradoodle.

Nezbo
    Free Member

English Springer Spaniel all the way, great dogs. very clever dogs.

All depends on how any dogs trained, depends on how they behave.

Bedds
    Free Member

Cheers MrsFlash.. he was 10wks in that photo, now 17wks.. his paws still look awfully large for him though.. 😉

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

haddock
    Free Member

Ski – I'll spare you my 'mountain biking dog' opinions then, dogs are so much fun though and the pics on here are great – love the one going skiing! 🙂

emac65
    Free Member

Try again when I've got more time 😳

eldridge
    Free Member

This thread is useless without sound:
    Constant, pointless, agggressive, persistent, anti-social barking 24/7

This thread is useless without smell:
    That noxious whiff from your child's shoes which turns into an appalling stench when you realise he/she has trodden it all over the house and has probably put some of it into his/her mouth by handling a ball which is also similarly contaminated

And of course, these posts are useless without pictures: coil after coil of steaming, stinking, soft, gooey, unctuous, squelchy and nauseating excrement

I can see that certain personality types need dogs – I've no objection to that

But please – if you are of that personality type – please don't inflict the noise and excrement of your dog on better-adjusted people

eldridge
    Free Member

Just noticed this at the start of the thread:

Please no anti dog posts here, if you want, I can start another post for you to get your teeth into if you like

Go on then, start one – but not anti-dog. Anti dog-owner. Because the problem is not dogs, it's their owners

I've hardly begun to express my feelings about dog owners and the animals that have the misfortune to be owned by them

CountZero

I'm not a dog person, despite spending at least the first third of my life with them. I'm too damn lazy to want to take one for walkies when it's peeing down. However, I don't begrudge people wanting to have one, just so long as it's properly trained. Case in point, my brother and his partner, who have five cats and three ferrets got a dog recently. Honey is a golden Lab or retriever, not sure which, and she's beautiful. Very intelligent, and even when excited chasing after her favourite toy, a fluffy seal I found, hardly ever makes a noise. She's a delight, and would be perfect for you. Some have mentioned Jack Russells, now they can be a problem if not trained, but they have incredible stamina. I did one of the first Salisbury Plain Challenges, and rode the 25k route. A couple from up north rode it on a tandem, and they brought a Jack Russell. Which ran the whole way round, including his own diversions, then ran to all the returning riders, tail wagging, asking to go for a run! Fantastic little dog, again, sounds like the ideal animal, plus they're small enough to pick up when nessessary, which is more than I could do with Honey, now she's around eight months old!

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Dog owners – what type would you recommend?’ is closed to new replies.