• This topic has 33 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Dog Owners – what do you do with 'dog eggs'?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Despite walking the dog first thing in the morning and again in the evening he still insists on dumping in the garden. This isn’t too much of an issue as we clean it up and put it in the bin (in a bag), but the bin is stored in the garage and its making the garage stink (our bins are only collected every two weeks)! We currently use the food waste caddy as a store between bin days, which helps, but not completely. What do other dog owners do? Thanks

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

At home we bag then stick it in the bag in the dustbin. We only have a little dog though and usually he dumps out and about where we use dog bins. You could save the biodegradable poo-bagged eggs in a tightly-lidded bucket until the night before collection day then transfer to dustbin bag? We use one of these for compost, then I forgot about until it evolution began inside the bucket. Might consider doing the same with dog eggs and buying a proper microscope.

toppers3933
    Free Member

ours seems to have gotten out of the habit of crapping in the garden but she used to. id just pick it up in a poo bag and stick it in the wheelie bin. can you move the bin out of the garage? or get another smaller bin that you can leave out somewhere that you can put the poo bags into then decant it into the main bin on bin day?

AdamW
    Free Member

If it bothers you that much then bag it up and put it in a public wastebin when on walkies?

wombat

Take it with you on a morning or evening walk and put it in a dog waste bin on the way round?

Edit, beaten to it by AdamW

iolo
    Free Member

Is it just me who finds the phrase “dog eggs” annoying?
    Crap, pooh, shit, whatever but not bloody eggs.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Use scented nappy bags.
    That’s what we do. Mind, their crap doesn’t stink that bad, as they only eat dried food, and fresh veg..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yes, it’s just you.

rickmeister

Would putting it in the freezer stop the smell … ?

midlifecrashes

We have a drain/sewer inspection cover in a corner of the garden. We inspect and test the drains regularly.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I would think so, but would surely not receive ‘domestic approval’!

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Once you’ve bagged it, it becomes invisible and someone else’s problem so it doesn’t matter what you do with it, right people?

iolo
    Free Member

Just put them in the toilet and flush.

MrNice
    Free Member

hang the bags from a tree and leave them for someone else to deal with?

More serious answer: flush ’em like Iolo said

rickmeister

I would think so, but would surely not receive ‘domestic approval’!

Makes the late night post drinkies ice cream raids more interesting though …

hooli

Fling it at the neighbours when they wake me up at 6:55am 😉

DezB
    Free Member

I used to collect the bags up in the garden. Eventually put them all in a carrier bag and take that to a red dog poo bin somewhere. Sometimes it was a right squeeze to get it in those narrow slots some of them have. A passerby once told me that was a post box, but I didn’t believe them. It had the time the dog waste man from the council came to collect on it and everyfin.

tyrionl1
    Free Member

Er what’s next door? Under a hedge? Dig a big hole? Tried one of those doggy composters they fill up and the stuff just stinks, dry and burn it also stinks, big plastic bag then bin, all of the above.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

you need 2 dogs, feed them different things and they are happy enough eating each others 8)

andyl
    Free Member

Do you use the large waste food caddy? Just keep it outside somewhere.

We use them for storing animal feeds, they are quite handy things 😀

Oh and Tesco biodegradable nappy bags are the best solution we have found so far (cheap, biodegradable and not overly fragranced). http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=259424608

epicyclo

Long range trebuchet.

Just make sure of a random distribution to ensure fairness. 🙂

notmyrealname
    Free Member

We use these bags and just flush them down the toilet.

http://www.flushablepoobags.co.uk/flushable-poo-bags-1/

bigjim

bag it and hang on the park fence seems to be the norm round here

Potdog
    Free Member

Kitchen roll and flush down the pot is our solution.

fionap

We use these bags and just flush them down the toilet.

http://www.flushablepoobags.co.uk/flushable-poo-bags-1/
    Are they approved by the water companies? Looks like an excellent solution. We’ve got an airtight tub in the garden and they go in there until there’s a few days worth and then it’s a trip to the nearest dog poo bin to dump, unless it’s rubbish day. It means the garden doesn’t smell but there is a risk of asphyxiation when you open the tub, especially in warm weather. Would much rather flush them away as they’re generated!

Rockape63
    Free Member

Can’t believe you don’t chuck it over the hedge into your (annoying) neighbour’s garden!

cb

My front lawn seems to be appropriate for many round here – they will be wearing it home should I catch the bastids…

unklehomered
    Free Member

If you have a reasonable sized garden one of these in its furthest corner…

http://www.finnfur.co.uk/Clean-Green-Dog-Loo?gclid=CM_Z6aL-m8YCFUzKtAodJq4CXg

maccruiskeen

as its the weekend, give yourself a treat

dog egg omelette

augustuswindsock

As other have said, carefully put it in a bag then leave it in the footpath/ trail/ on a tree etc. this way it can also boil peoples p!ss amazingly!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Are they approved by the water companies? Looks like an excellent solution. We’ve got an airtight tub in the garden and they go in there until there’s a few days worth and then it’s a trip to the nearest dog poo bin to dump, unless it’s rubbish day. It means the garden doesn’t smell but there is a risk of asphyxiation when you open the tub, especially in warm weather. Would much rather flush them away as they’re generated!

I’ve no idea if they’re approved or not. I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t be.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Eggs??
    Incubate them them and have some shitlets

garage-dweller

We used to drop off at the local poo bin on the next walk.

We also used to keep a separate lidded bin in the garden as a holding solution for it.

z1ppy

Just occured to me… are you feeding him wet food? Our is on dry food and his ‘dog eggs’ are much better pong wise.. so far our garage/bin situation hasn’t caused me issues

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Dog Owners – what do you do with 'dog eggs'?’ is closed to new replies.