Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Dog held on death row with no exercise
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Stella the dog locked up by Devon police for two years without exercise –

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-35635935

Reading this and seething, you wouldnt treat prisoners like this and this dogs done nothing wrong. I agree if the dogs going to rip your arm/childs face off you cant walk it up the road but this dogs showed no sign of aggression.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Beginning to wonder if cruelty is the real drive behind humanity…

jimjam
    Free Member

Waste of money and not fair on the dog. Bullet in the old noggin would have been the humane thing to do, one for the owner too. These dogs have no place in 2016.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Utter PoS – shared and posted to Twitter both personally and business.
    I’ll remember this next time A&S ask us for something with work – arseholes.

Edit – jimjam – sod off with your comment about the dog – no place for it.
    The dog is a baby, done nothing wrong and shown nothing but love to anyone who has been near her.
    Perhaps people like you are the ones due a visit with the bolt gun.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ll remember this next time A&S ask us for something with work – arseholes.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Calm down and have a bit of a think about that. I hope I’m never in Avon and Somerset and need the police to help and you end up obstructing them.

jimjam
    Free Member

hammyuk

Edit – jimjam – sod off with your comment about the dog – no place for it.
    The dog is a baby, done nothing wrong and shown nothing but love to anyone who has been near her.

Lol. Sorry, the dog is not a baby. It’s a dog. There’s a fundamental difference and if you can’t understand that then your moral compass is broken. But hey, for sure tweet about it. Tweet about it twice, it’ll make you feel better.

Perhaps people like you are the ones due a visit with the bolt gun.

Yes, I should be murdered for suggesting it’s more humane to quickly kill an animal than prolong its suffering before it’s destroyed. Get a ****ing grip.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I have thought about it molgrips or I wouldn’t have said it.
    FYI – it wouldn’t be obstruction but then you have no idea what we do in conjunction with them so put your slippers back on and pick up your rug – you’ve got yourself in a tizz.

Jimjam – its a “baby” in the sense of a youngster/pup/etc. Its not an adult, trained by some chavster to fight.
    Saying that “dogs like this have no place in 2016” is ridiculous. Do you know the real history of this kind of dog? I bet you don’t
    Maybe search “Nanny Dogs” for a little insight before making a comment associated with how you portray them now. There is no such thing as a bad dog – only bad owners.
    Even after 2yrs locked in a cage its still young and the professionally qualified carers and the RSPCA have all stated its cruel, she’s not a threat and never has shown any threatening behaviour so I stand by my comments about A&S.
    Considering that even A&S cannot come up with any reason as to why they have chosen to treat this animal like this that speaks volumes for their blanket mentality. Simply trotting out “any dangerous dog is to be locked up” is total bollocks and they and everyone else knows it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Then you’d better explain that comment or you’ll continue to look like as big of a dick as whoever’s responsible for the decision re this dog.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yes it is just a dog but JimJam your trolling is awful

jimjam
    Free Member

Pigface

Yes it is just a dog but JimJam your trolling is awful

Awful in terms of quality, or in terms of taste?

Pigface
    Free Member

Dont flatter yourself 😆

dantsw13

Considering the article references Devon & Cornwall Police, penalising A&S seems a little harsh!!

hammyuk
    Free Member

That’ll be my fat fingers dan – still stands though.
    Do a little digging around and their own dog teams have criticised their treatment of animals held by them both internally and openly.
    Says a lot.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Oh do keep up, Avon and Somerset Police. Everyone knows all the cool cops are sorting dogs out with 70mph squad cars nowadays.

bigyim
    Free Member

I think the saddest part of the story is they have treated the dog like this for 2 years only to decide to kill it.
    If you have a dangerous dogs law and this dog breed isnt allowed then it doesnt take 2 years to make a decision. Makes me sick that we can treat animals like that

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

If the case has been to court 11 times and the order is still to destroy the dog, you’d have to suspect that there has been some sort of evidence presented that suggests that the dog is potentially dangerous.

jimjam
    Free Member

hammyuk

Jimjam – its a “baby” in the sense of a youngster/pup/etc.

Then the word is pup (hardly). It’s not a hairy quadrupedal growling baby, but baby is just so much more emotive.

Saying that “dogs like this have no place in 2016” is ridiculous. Do you know the real history of this kind of dog? I bet you don’t
    Maybe search “Nanny Dogs” for a little insight before making a comment associated with how you portray them now.

Stupid names used by stupid people in housing estates to justify owning a dogs which were historically bred for bloodpsorts. It also lulls idiots into a false sense security around animals. It’s a dog. It’s not a nanny. If you leave a baby alone with ANY dog you deserve what’s coming.

There is no such thing as a bad dog – only bad owners.

Another meaningless cliche people cling to. Yes, you can train and engender good habits in a dog, but you can’t totally remove certain genetic predispositions such as aggression towards other dogs or animals and there is no accounting for random factors that can make an animal flip.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Wow. This escalated quickly. 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

Woman chopped a baby’s head off in Moscow today, don’t exercise any women for 2 years then destroy them 🙄

brakes
    Free Member

the dog certainly had a bit of a ruff deal…

bigyim
    Free Member

Pleaderwilliams i think the only evidence was the breed type and not any behaviour that particular dog has shown. Unfortunately people have bred certain breeds to be aggressive and then exploited those traits or dogs have caused serious incidents. Any dog can bite you, but id rather be bitten by a yorkshire terrier than a pitbull. I can see why the dangerous dog breed law is in place but i cant see why this dogs had to suffer like this for this long.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I suggest you go and do that search then – they were bred to care for and protect children in large homes.
    Hence the term “Nanny Dogs” – they would stay with that child for life as it grew up.
    Bloodsports as you put it came later with the idiots that chose to partake in it.
    Do your research before you look any more of a prat than you already do.

“Meaningless cliche” – are you really that big of a **** that you believe any large dog is inherently dangerous?
    If you are then I hope you are never allowed any animal – if not then you are yet another meaningless troll of which they are plenty floating around.
    At least you will not be short of company in your old age.

BigYom – the dog team that were called in to “remove” the dog originally stood in court and stated as to the dogs nature. They walked it out of the house after she let them put a lead on her without complaint.
    The issue is the treatment – if an individual had treated the dog like this they would be in court having had the dog removed and placed into care.
    The fact its a police force doing this is apparently acceptable.
    Then the fact that they have a blanket “destroy” policy on any animal even remotely resembling a “pitbull” type is bullshit.
    Other forces have found themselves successfully sued over this in the past yet its still going on with relative impunity.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Personally, I’d rather see Pigface confined without exercise or access to the internet for at least two years.

cubist
    Free Member

Maybe after locking the poor dog up for 2 years its now more likely to be dangerous given its recent experience with humans.

dragon
    Free Member

Presumably because 11 court cases take a fair bit of time.

There is no such thing as a bad dog – only bad owners.

That simply isn’t true, although thankfully naturally bad dogs are rare.

Andy

Isn’t Stella a Pitbull?

The phrase “nanny dog” traditionally refers to Staffordshire Bull Terriers. Different breed.

hammyuk
    Free Member

“Pitbull type” Andy – a blanket term forces like to use to save them actually having to confirm the breeding.

The Nanny Dog term is referenced to a number of these types of dog not just Staffies.
    The point being they are of a size and strength to stop anything that might wander into a plantation owners/farmers house and attack a sleeping infant.
    The American Kennel Club doesn’t recommend them as guard dogs because they “are too friendly with strangers” – thats for Pitbulls let alone Staffies!

Pigface
    Free Member

Up yours you P**dy midget x x x

ElShalimo

I’m sure that when you guys look back at this thread in a year or so, you’ll be ever so proud of your handiwork.

bigyim
    Free Member

Nothing like a dog or tattoos thread to bring out an argument. But some good points made.

Some bad ones too

jimjam
    Free Member

hammyuk
    Hence the term “Nanny Dogs” – they would stay with that child for life as it grew up.
    Bloodsports as you put it came later with the idiots that chose to partake in it.

You’re ignoring the fact that bloodsport and selective breeding of certain traits is in their DNA, regardless of the timeline. You’re also ignoring my point that the term “nanny dog” regardless of it’s original context is now used by people to promote the supposedly benign temperament of these dogs, with potentially dire consequences.

“Meaningless cliche” – are you really that big of a **** that you believe any large dog is inherently dangerous?
    If you are then I hope you are never allowed any animal

So, let’s get this straight, you presume that I think “any large dog is inherently dangerous” (not what I said but anyway) and as such I should never have be allowed to have any animal?

The logic (or lack of any) here is pretty staggering, ignoring the fact that you suggested I should be murdered for being of the opinion the dog should have been put down quickly.

dragon
    Free Member

More details can be found here, better info than the BBC link.

The Guardian A dog-called-stella-kept-kennels-two-years-without-exercise-devon-police

So the bit about nothing but love to others doesn’t stack up, unless you happen to be the biased owner.

jimjam
    Free Member

Won’t someone please think of the furry children.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Better outcome than the poor dog in North Wales. It doesn’t stike me it should be the police’s responsibility to look after the dog.

bigyim
    Free Member

Better article thanks dragon. Even if the dog chewed the popes face off in front of a primary school i dont see why its been shut in a cage for 2 years. If its an illegal breed or has attacked somebody then make a decision and do what the law says.

bigyim
    Free Member

Jambalaya if the police dont look after the dog then whats the alternative suggestion ?

jimjam
    Free Member
    pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

If its an illegal breed or has attacked somebody then make a decision and do what the law says.

The guardian article suggests that there were a number of adjournments, not requested by the police. That would suggest that the defendant was drawing things out for whatever reason.

bigyim
    Free Member

Sounds like the owner should have been put down

jimjam
    Free Member

Anthony James Francis HASTIE, C/o Princes Road, Torquay. Age: 32. On 06/05/2014 at Torquay had in your possession or custody a dog to which section 1 of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 applied, namely Pit Bull. Plea: Guilty. Discharged conditionally for 24 months. Victim surcharge of £15. Costs of £200. Order that the Pitbull dog be destroyed unless an appeal is lodged within the next 21 days. Reason: dog found to be a real danger to the public.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Dog held on death row with no exercise’ is closed to new replies.