Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Dog. Difficult decision time.
  • eskay

Feel for you, done it three times and it has broken my heart every time.

ratadog

Went through this with our 17 year old lab a couple of years ago. Very difficult and I feel for you.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙁

Was thinking of you this morning mate. Meant to email but lad’s been ill all day and I forgot. Manhugs, chestbumps, etc.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    northshoreniall

Feel your pain, had make dificult decision for my best mate of 15yrs on Monday. Echo the week early than day late sentiment, as our vet put it too he deserved dignity.
    We pick up our boy from the crem tomorrow – is so hard but thinking made right decision in their interest helps.
    Did find myself crying into my sausage sandwich yesterday as he wasn’t here to ‘help’ me with it.

jamj1974

I feel for both of you Wrecker and northshoreniall.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d be in bits if I was in your shoes right now.

Oh we are mate. It’s not something I ever want to repeat.
    Big teary hug to northshorenial.

Was thinking of you this morning mate. Meant to email but lad’s been ill all day and I forgot. Manhugs, chestbumps, etc.

Thanks darce, appreciated.

theotherjonv

Did find myself crying into my sausage sandwich yesterday as he wasn’t here to ‘help’ me with it.

That in time is exactly how we want to remember our pets, not as old things with no quality of life.

Feel for you wrecker, but it’s the last kindness you owe him.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Arse. Sorry to hear that. My oldest is hanging on but we had to lose the cat a few weeks back. When the old one goes I have two more spaced 2 years apart. Not looking forward to that.
    They’re buggers aren’t they? Half your life shouting at them and then they go and steal your heart away.

jimplops

Big hug, had to do the same seven years ago, hardest thing I’ve done, took months before I stopped going into the kitchen to see him when I got home from work. You just need to remember that you did it to ease his pain. He’s off playing on rainbow bridge now.

rickmeister

Sorry to hear this wrecker..

We are going through this too with a stray that walked in to our life 8 yrs ago and it’s tough.

Man hugs….

gozarch
    Free Member

So sorry to hear this, wrecker.
    We had to do it for the first time two weeks ago, with our 13-year old rescue dog. We’d had her for 12 years. It was unbelievably shit, and still is, really.
    Hope you don’t mind if I post a picture (or try to)

RIP Tess and your boy

garage-dweller

Wrecker and nial, my sympathies. Shit thing to have to do but an important one.

flowr1der661
    Free Member

Sorry to hear poor dog, as a dog owner me self ( grayhound) those sad time are heartbreaking.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Been there and done that – still brings me to tears a decade later- it was the right thing to do and it take a tough bastard to do it- its so hard to do and watch,

Remember what his , and your life, would have been lils if all that time ago you had not persuaded them to let you take the dog

You did right then and you have done right now…..its little comfort now but one day I hope it will be.

Hugs to you and Mrs W

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Its a shit thing but ultimately the best for,your little,friend and he is no longer suffering now. Remember the fun times.

I had to say cheerio to my springer, Heidi last September. She was 13 and I’d had her since 12 weeks old. She has a tumour on her lip and managed ok for about 8 months as normal then she deteriorated over 3 days. The decision was made for itself but to carry it out wasn’t easy. The vet was fantastic and compassionate and I miss her so much still, and that was in September . I was doing some gardening the other day and found one of her tennis balls under a bush. Made me smile, but made me cry.

I remember being in the vets when Heidi passed and I said to the vet ” I never getting a dog again, I can’t bear this”…. It was a selfish statement as I’d just lost my buddy, but as she said you’ve had so much enjoyment and happiness ( both ways ) just give it time and you may want another. Hopefully we will when it’s time.

Anyway, I’m waffling now. I know how, it feels, it’s not easy. Remember the fun times and happiness your buddy gave you and the family and find a nice tribute. We planted a rose bush last week and put Heidi’s ashes and ball with it too. The rose bush was called ” sweet dreams” which I thought was fitting.

Take it easy.

Alpha1653

Wrecker, we have a rescue dog and she’s amazing. I’m dreading being in the situation you are but it will come. I can only imagine that it hurts like hell but remember that you gave that dog a second chance and he will always be grateful. Rescuing a dog may not change the world but by rescuing that dog, you changed his world forever. You did the right thing then and you’ve just done the right thing by him again.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Dog. Difficult decision time.’ is closed to new replies.