Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • dog control for TJ
  • anagallis_arvensis

tried going through this with you before and the latest thread has been closed but:

I can have my dog off lead and not under my control as much as I like

Control of dogs

No person shall—

(a)
    allow a dog for which they are responsible to be aggressive or

dangerously out of control, in either a public or a private place;

For the purposes of this Act a dog shall be regarded as dangerously out of

control on any occasion on which there are grounds for reasonable

apprehension that it will injure any person, whether or not it actually does so,

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

That is the definition of “dangerously out of control” which gives grounds for the dog to be put down

We have done this before and it is really clear. A dog must be under control at all times in public. This means it must not bother anyone else.

This is not the same as “dangerously out of control” which is grounds for the destruction of the dog.

Its clear, simple and obvious. Except to selfish dog owners who think their dog has rights to run around bothering people.

anagallis_arvensis

prove it

Control of dogs

No person shall—

(a)
    allow a dog for which they are responsible to be aggressive or

(b)
    encourage a dog to be aggressive or to intimidate people or other

animals;

(c)
    breed dogs for fighting;

(d)
    keep a dog that has been used for fighting;

(e)
    keep a dog that has attacked a person or another animal.

donsimon
    Free Member

This is TJ’s argument, that because he has a phobia and refuses to tell the owner, this, in his mind makes every dog dangerous or out of control.

This is my one and only comment on this thread. Bye. 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If your dog or indeed any animal under your control injures a person or animal or damages property, the owner or person responsible may be liable for damages. This would be a civil claim and not necessarily a criminal offence.

http://www.naturenet.net/law/dogs.html

You do not have to put your dog on a lead on public paths, as long as it is under close control. But as a general rule, keep your dog on a lead if you cannot rely on its obedience.

http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/enjoying/countrysidecode/keepdogs.aspx

And lots more – on the defra site for example

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Don =- its nothing to do with that. Its to do with the simple fact I have the right to gop about my business without being bothered by your dog in any way. This is a simple fact. basic UK law.

You are too selfish and ignorant to understand this

There is a clear difference between “dangerously our of control” and ” out of control”

simonralli2
    Free Member

Someone on the internet is WRONG I tell thee 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

I can have my dog off lead and not under my control as much as I like

If you want to be an irresponsible you can
    I can drive my car out of control as much as like

Whatever yuo want to say some dogs are aggressive and some owners irresponsible. Not every single dog owner or car diriver makes the correct judgement call on this and having you dog out of control – but not dangerously- is not a great call – try it in a farmers field near his livestock where he can shoot it- oh yeash Don you dont – is it just near people – nice bit of baiting there by both of us 😆

RepacK
    Free Member

Its about perception isnt it.. What one person considers unsafe & out of control is another persons friendly saying hello. How about a little consideration for others?

It really isnt that hard or is it? In todays society I think a lot of people dont really give a toss about someone elses feelings as long as they are having a good time.

Wasnt it Frank Zappa who said: “Do what you want, do what you will just dont spoil your neighbours thrill..”

snaps
    Free Member

If I walk down the road with an imitation gun & point it at you, you’d have every right to be distressed – you don’t know it’s not going to do you harm.
    If you walk down the road with your dog off its lead & it runs at me barking aggressively I don’t know its not going to do me harm.
    It doesn’t have to physically attack someone, just cause fear of an attack – in law its the same thing.
    TJ, I & many others don’t want your dog causing us distress – if you don’t understand this then you are not in control of your dog & therefore in the wrong.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Any dog is dangerously out of control if:
    • it injures a person, or
    it behaves in a way that makes
    a person worried that it might
    injure them.

Note no “reasonable” qualification – and remember this is “dangerously out of control” not just “out of control
    http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/cruelty/documents/ddogslawyouleaflet.pdf

Training

A well trained dog is a happy dog and, he will not be a nuisance to others if he’s under control. You must never allow your dog to be dangerously out of control-he must not injure anyone or frighten anyone into thinking that they might be injured, it is an offence to let your dog behave in this way.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/quality/local/dogs/owner.htm

Something as simple as your dog chasing, barking at or jumping up at a person or child could lead to a complaint, so ensure that your dog is under control at all times.
    http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/1052

I can’t be bothered with any more of this.

RealMan
    Free Member

TJ is right (did I really just say that?).

If you’ve got a dog, keep it under control. Dogs are stupid and can’t be expected to behave themselves properly.

noteeth
    Free Member

I re-read White Fang last night. That put dog leads into perspective.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

Most dog owners are **** idiots.

There i said it. I agree with TJ also here.

When people have a dog going mad at me or doing something it shouldnt be and have to say “fred, fred, fred stop that, fred come here, fred come here for god sake, fred dont do that, fred, fred, fred, sorry hes lovely really! Fred come here, come on fred, fred over here”

ffs, that is not under control.

How do you know the person your dog is jumping on/slathering all over isnt deathly allergic to dogs? All animals EXCEPT dogs keep themselves to themselves.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Surprised they haven’t closed this one down as well. I doubt all this matters much in reality – you all seem to spend too much time on here to ever be in an environment where you’d encounter dogs and their owners in the real world.

rOcKeTdOg

[Thread closed due to the normal boring arguing by the usual culprits – Mod ]

bring back the Mod!

the same old trolling and arguments by the same people, the same reason that the previous topic was closed – Mod

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘dog control for TJ’ is closed to new replies.