• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by JD.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Dog Agility Classes!
  • JD
    Free Member

I have recently adopted a 8 month old Border Collie.

Does anyone know of any local Dog Agility classes around the Manchester area?

niloC
    Free Member

Have a look Here there should be loads around there but I’m in Wales so don’t know any myself.

waynekerr
    Free Member

I can’t tell you about Manchester, but I can tell you your dog will love it, my collie did. Their obedience becomes outstanding, as they are doing something they love, I could take mine out & not even say anything, just a few movements of my hands & she would do anything I wanted.
    I never did it competitively, I just did it because we both loved it.

Jase
    Free Member

I’d suggest finding out if your dog is old enough yet (as in bones etc, not because there may be adult content at the classes!).

We were recommended to wait until our dog was over a year and then to start on the low stuff – albeit I have a different breed (Doberman).

Milkie
    Free Member

imo 8 months is slightly too young.

I would look at the citizenship awards a great base for everything dog related, agility, beating, scurries, etc. No point in trying to run before you can walk!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Yep, he’s still a bit young for adult agility, but you might find there’s a puppy preparation class you can go to, where he just walks along planks flat on the ground, that sort of thing. It’s just as much fun 🙂

You’re both going to love it!

JD
    Free Member

Thanks the feedback.

niloC , the link was really usefull ,
    Regards

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Dog Agility Classes!’ is closed to new replies.