Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Does your Rohloff speedhub ………
  • kaiser
    Free Member

sometimes make the clockwork whirring noise when pedalling rather than freewheeling in the higher seven gears ( 8 to 14 )
    mine never used to but now seems to do this somedays and on others it's virtually silent. seems strange to me .. anyone else had similar ?

Stoner
    Free Member

nope.

but I bet you can tune it out if you twiddle the knobs on the clickbox to recentre the gear shift ring.

kaiser
    Free Member

I'll try that next time it happens but I think when it occurs I have already tried turning the shifter a little each way to see if it made any difference which I presume would have the same effect as your suggestion . it's going back to rohloff soon for some new bearings so I'll ask them at the same time …just thought I'd ask here 1st as from previous experience I know they can be a little economical with the truth re known problems.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it's going back to rohloff soon for some new bearings

surely not ??

myheadsashed

simon I don't think they design them for pedalo gearing 😯

kaiser
    Free Member

mine doesn't do any submarine duties but has developed considerable play and on examination ( after removing the sprocket) i could see abnormal side to side movement of the main bearing which indicated that it needed attention . If you grasp the sprocket you could wobble it from side to side quite easily and at the rim you'd think it had loose cones (if it were a normal hub.)
    rohloff told me this was almost unheard of but having done some googling…. well .. I have to say they must be deaf !!!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

rohloff told me this was almost unheard of

it's called "denial" – lah, lah, they're not listening 🙂

woodsman
    Free Member

Not had that, but in five years my hub has been back twice, the driver bearings were replaced both times – free of charge. In total it's cost me one £60 carrier fee to get it out there. I'm fairly happy with that every two years.

Make sure you mention the noise when it goes back!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Does your Rohloff speedhub ………’ is closed to new replies.