Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Does your Missus resent your bike/bikes?
  • thered

She complains almost every time I reach for a handlebar, it’s getting very annoying now.

br
    Free Member

She needs to find a hobby. End of.

And to answer your question, no – she’s got her horses, which makes mine look a cheap hobby (in both time and money).

khani
    Free Member

No, my mrs has more bikes than me..
    Tell her it’s bikes or coke an hookers… 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

No, why would she?

Rorschach
    Free Member

My missus gave me an ultimatum…..her or the bikes.
    I don’t miss her.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not at all, she comes with me. She did once ask if I loved my bike more than her. I asked which bike. I think she was actually quite pleased to be in the running.

Cougar

Nah, she’s a better rider than I am.

(Which isn’t hard)

aP
    Free Member

Nope.
    She asks why bikes aren’t ready, or cleaned or stripped.

matt_outandabout

Nope, encourages me to ride (keeps me buff and less stressed) and joins me and the kids as well…

MoreCashThanDash

She does – apparently because I wasn’t riding for the first 8 years we were together.

I have changed, she struggles with that.

bol

Yep. As above.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Does your Missus resent your bike/bikes?

Not in the least. She’s got the mutt, I’ve got me bikes.
    & I’m pleased she’s not a cyclist, I love her to bits & she’s my best mate but no way do I want her out on the bike with me, she can’t even go round corners. (she doesn’t do much sea fishing either)

scraprider
    Free Member

dunno out as much as poss.

compositepro
    Free Member

Buy your missus a book, well all three in the series. 50 shades of grey the next one and the one after that.

Job done no more hassle ,its been the quietest 3 weeks I have ever had

stratobiker
    Free Member

Nope. Not at all.
    I made it clear from the start….I ride bikes….I am a cyclist… it takes what it takes.

We’ve been together 20 years.

SB

uselesshippy
    Free Member

No.
    She knows her place.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Mine doesn’t like the time I take riding my bikes especially when I’m gone for best part of a day usually on my mtb, she doesn’t seem to mind me going out on the road bike though 😕

acidchunks

I left a review on the website of the shop i bought my bike from from saying that I liked it (the bike) more than my girlfriend….I showed it too her, she laughed…its all good 🙂

She’s glad I’ve got an active hobby (I gather she wouldn’t be too happy if I was a chubby f**ker) and I take her out on short flat local rides a few times a month so whilst she’s not interested in proper mountain biking (i.e. with hills and gnarly bits) riding bikes is still something we can do together.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Only when I ride them

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nah likes the fact I am not a fat biffer and that I can explain the Olympic events to her.

thedon
    Free Member

Stop riding for a few weeks, start going to the pub and eating takeaways every night and put on as much weight as possible, see how she likes that.

Bunnyhop

I am the missus and I’ve got the best bike in our house 🙂
    Also I got hubby into mtbing not the other way round.

falkirk-mark

My mrs sometimes resents me breathing. 😯

tomhoward

Missus?

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Nah doesn’t really see what its all about but quite happy to see the back of me for a few hours a couple of times of week 🙂

cloudnine
    Free Member

Mrs cloudnine has always been relatively happy with me doing my thing. I’ve always surfed so she was used to me disappearing out at dawn or suddenly dropping plans when the surf came up from the day we met. Riding my bike is much more planned as the conditions don’t dictate when I can ride. As long as I don’t take the whizz and leave her with the kids all day I’d say she’s happy that I’m getting out there.

scaled
    Free Member

She’s fine with my midweek evening rides but all day epics at the weekend are a bit more effort to plan. She gets to ride and go to the gym all week though which kinda redresses the balance.

She didn’t ride until about 3 months ago and now has 2 road bikes (wet and dry) and her old unridden for 5 years mountain bike is a hybridized child carrier. that’s more bikes than me… And hers get to live indoors.

Should add I get to commute by bike too 🙂

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Yes.

onehundredthidiot

Nope, she’s suggested how to structure my riding from sept on the mtb and we go out for some serious road days. Slightly annoyed she’s got her climbing head on as I have to work harder now.

hjghg5
    Free Member

I *am* the mrs and to his disappointment I have more disposable income (and thus more shiny new bikes) than he does :p

It’s his own fault, I was happy pootling round on my hybrid when we got together…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

If you have to ask permission or your “Missus” resents you riding is she really the right person? Too many people say “Ooh my partner wouldn’t let me buy/do/have that” – why not, surely its part of who you are and what you do?

martymac

^^ wot rob said.
    my missus doesnt mind at all, i made it clear at the start that sometimes i just need to do out on my bike and disappear until im ready to come back, however long that takes, shes fine with it.
    ironically, because shes fine with it i dont feel the need to go out so often, which is having a detrimental effect on my waistline . . . .

brooess
    Free Member

I’m single but if I had a girlfriend who resented me riding then I’d resent her!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Marty 100% same scenario here. i would NEVER dream of stopping my ms going and doing what ever she needed too, its what makes her and she realises cycling is what makes me 🙂

Teetosugars
    Free Member

No, why would she??

mikertroid
    Free Member

Falkirk-mark+ 1

orangeboy
    Free Member

I only get problems if there are to manyin the house
    Clean road bike is ok but the muddy ones have to stay in the garage

scaled
    Free Member

Id wager most of those saying ‘no why should she’ don’t have kids!

Not that I’m advocating leaving you mrs at home with the kids every weekend!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

I do

grantway
    Free Member

Mrs hates my bike its always in the way
    Thats until i recently bought a Kite Buggy thats now sitting proudly in the Dining Room

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘Does your Missus resent your bike/bikes?’ is closed to new replies.