Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Does this sound suspicious
  • silvermatt
    Free Member

Almost certainly a scam. Had a similar experience a month ago with autotrader. “seller” would ship the vehicle using a reputable shipping company. Checked out the company which was all legit but then found the link sent by the seller wasn’t the exact same website but a damn good copy, that could’ve easily duped many folk. If its too good to be true it usually is.

revs1972
    Free Member

I had an email from another one that was on eBay earlier in the week, that mysteriously disappeared soon after I emailed a question.
    Have just responded to them, but can’t imagine it will have any effect on their conscience. 🙄

See below for email. I think this will be the last one I respond to, as it’s getting annoying now.

Ian, I think on this occasion I will be leaving well alone.
    I have passed on this correspondence to my colleagues in the Metropolitan Police Fraud Squad, who will be making further enquires into the matter.
    Please rest assured that this will be resolved.
    Regards

Sent from my iPad

On 9 May 2014, at 19:18, “Ian Drummond” <iandr1805@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, The camper van is in very good condition, recently serviced, everything works as it should.

Date of registration is: 26th November 2007.
    Full Service history (Mainly Main dealer Service): MOT til 27th november 2014, Taxed till 31st October 2014.
    Converted by wave rider conversions.
    Interior thermally lined and carpeted, 2 burner smev hob and sink, on board fresh water and waste with hand pump, new 12v leisure battery, 240v electric hook up, LED ceiling lights fully certified, Rock and roll bed with 2 seat belts, Hi gloss black units S,S table.
    I recently brought a brand new heavy duty battery, the can belt was replaced at 96,000 miles. 600Watt inverter works for leisure battery.

All paperwork present.

It belonged to my father who unfortunately passed away 2 months ago.

The camper van is located in Inverness. I do not reside in the UK, i’m based in Berlin, Germany and because of that i have chosen to handle the sale online through eBay. This way we can both be protected and insured. I will get somebody to bring it to you if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay.

My friend is not in Inverness and will be traveling from a distance so I must be sure and not put him on the road based on words, no one would, because I have no one in Inverness. You will receive the camper van in 3-4 days and you will have the chance to inspect it before I get paid. My friend will bring the camper van directly to you as soon as I will have the payment confirmation from PayPal. Also you will have to put your decision there and if it will be an ” Yes, i want keep the camper van” or ” No, I want to return the camper van” (in case it isn’t as i have described it), PayPal will either release the funds to me or give you a refund and my friend will collect the camper van.

If you want it, let me know your name and address where it must be delivered so i can register the sale with ebay to proceed. If you will decide to not go through now then is not a problem I still quite have a few more offers from potential buyers. Hopefully, I made myself understood and we will be closing the deal. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,
    Ian Drummond

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Mark Evans <ccs72@live.co.uk> wrote:
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    I will be in Scotland on Sunday (staying near to Inverness for 2 weeks), so I could come and do the deal
    face to face with you and pay cash.
    Can you let me have the address please ?

Thanks

Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 14:14:04 +0100
    Subject: Re: VW T5
    To: ccs72@live.co.uk

Hi and thanks for the email. I am sorry about the late reply.

Im selling my late Fathers VW transporter t5 camper van. The camper van is in very good condition, recently serviced, all documents available. Date of registration is: 26th November 2007. Full Service history (Mainly Main dealer Service): MOT til 27th november 2014, Taxed till 31st October 2014. Converted by wave rider conversions. The pictures should be able to tell you all you want to know.

The buy it now price is £4,500 (I can also have it delivered to you within the UK for nothing extra). I will get somebody to bring it to you if you decide to buy it but we have to close the deal through eBay, inspection period prior buying it along with a refund policy will be included in the sale terms. I have the camper van located indoors, up north in scotland (Inverness).

I agree for a 7 working days inspection period ( after the date of receipt of the camper van). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the camper van for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not!
    Because I will sign eBay’s return policy, your money will be insured by them and you will have the option to reject the deal, only if we go through PayPal as well. If this is the case, you will receive a full refund (money back) from PayPal and I will have to take the camper van back on my cost!

You can read more about it by clicking below:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/contextual/return-policy.html

Let me know if you agree with the above return policy and if you want details on how to complete the sale.

Pictures of the camper van can be seen attached to this email.

Kind Regards,
    Ian Drummond

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Mark Evans <ccs72@live.co.uk> wrote:
    Hi,
    Can you let me have any further information that you have on the VW T5 please, and confirmation of price.
    Do you have any photos of the interior and can you tell me what the mileage is please.
    Any chance of coming to look at It ?

Thanks

thegreatape
    Free Member

Perhaps I’ve missed it earlier, but you are just stringing them along now aren’t you?

revs1972
    Free Member

Yes, but I’m going to stop now.
    There is another recent thread about a similar thing on here too.
    P.s I don’t know anyone in the Met, just want to see if there was going to a reply to the email

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Does this sound suspicious’ is closed to new replies.