• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by bails.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Does this product exist?
  • swoosh
    Free Member

Is there a mount for the Garmin GPS that fixes to the bars but the unit itself sits behind the bars so over the stem cap. Basically like the out front mounts but backwards. Have I just invented a new product?

jam-bo

Just run an out front mount backwards.

Tate bar fly3 works well. I’ve got one you could buy if you like.

carlos
    Free Member

Shirley you would just fit the out front mount backwards?? Or a Barfly mount

Edit: beaten to it by seconds

RoterStern
    Free Member

SRAM do one for that very purpose.

riddoch

Tate barfly mtb does this, also there is stem spacer that would achieve the same thing that k-edge do
    Review and pictures

mjsmke

K-Edge do a top cap mount.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

K edge works well.

twisty

I run the k edge top cap mount. It is nifty because you don’t really notice it is there when not using the computer.

jam-bo

In fact it’s one of those pictured up there ^^^

£15 posted.

swoosh
    Free Member

Oh ok. Seems easier than I first thought. My friend has one of these and it sits lower than the mount so didn’t know a normal one would work.

So something like this one will be ok too?

jam-bo

That looks pretty flat like the SRAM/garmin mount and would foul most short mtb stems. The Tate lab was the only one I found that worked with a mtb front end. Use a GPS watch now so surplus to requirements.

The top cap/stem spacer ones would work too.

LAT

Slight hijack, but does anyone know of a neat bar mount for the etrex 30? I have the cable tie one, but it isn’t particularly sturdy.

Superficial
    Free Member

As above, the SRAM ones might not work brilliantly. On my bike it hits the stem/top cap at the natural viewing angle so you end up with the screen tilted away from you. YMMV.

I broke a Garmin mount when I was using it out front. I broke the back of the Garmin itself when i was using it on a SRAM mount as above. For MTB I really think you’re best off just using the rubber bands. At least it can spin in the event of a crash.

bails

I use a SRAM one with a couple of o rings looped through a silicon case and tethered to the steerer with a bit of Velcro. The first time I used my Garmin on the MTB I knocked it with my knee and it fell off. Luckily a rider behind spotted it and picked it up!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Does this product exist?’ is closed to new replies.