Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Does this look a little bit suspicious?
  • fieldy
    Free Member

In a word……Yes

Garry_Lager

It’s an odd combination, selling dresses and high end bikes. But it’s not the usual nicked bike ebay template – no feedback, semi-literate, photos of nice bike surrounded by shite etc.

fozzybear
    Free Member

Photo looks like USA.
    Avoid…

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Try to right-click the advert text. It’s an image file, meaning that it won’t show up in search results. It looks like a hijacked auction.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Yes. fozzybear +1.

Plus seller also selling four other very expensive bikes with ‘message me for b.i.n. at £1000), and they range from tiny size to huge, with photos in different locations -you’d expect at least a couple of them to be the same garage/garden etc. IMO seller’s account has been hijacked by scammer who does not posess such bikes and nicked the images, and is hoping to close an out-of-ebay deal using an email which is not the same as that attached to actual ebay account, with vanishing paypal etc in order to rip off buyer.

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Good google skills Matt. The French in that Canadian ad is ropey as hell, suggesting it’s not the original ad either? Or would English-speaking Canadians run their ad through Google Translate in order to sell to the French-speaking market?

jordie
    Free Member

Nevermind the bikes she has a soft scoop ice cream machine for sale. Nom…Nom

matt_outandabout

“who stole my pics” plugin is useful..

Mister-P
    Free Member

The advert appears to have gone?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Does this look a little bit suspicious?’ is closed to new replies.