Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)
  • Does this image make you want to buy ham?
  • Harry_the_Spider

No understand… but I’m not a clever media type person.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Like all marketing its the emperors new clothes. However it has caught your attention and you have published the name wider

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not giving up veganism just yet but slightly more tempted to try homosexuality …was that what they were after?

zimbo
    Free Member

No, and it makes me glad I no longer eat sausages.

Harry_the_Spider

It has caught my attention for the wrong reason though.

I’m not a fan of water injected MRM anyway, so i’ll give it a miss.

zimbo
    Free Member

but slightly more tempted to try homosexuality

brilliant! 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No, I don’t eat pigs – and nothing it that advert makes me want to change my mind.

Although it does make me want to have gay sex, which isn’t actually “100% natural” for me, on account that I’m not gay. So that’s a double fail then.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Makes me think of richard Hammond.. but then im confused as he doesnt look anything like Richard Hammond… just a strange camp man not wearing pants

djglover
    Free Member

If it was a woman would it make you want to?

Harry_the_Spider

Many things. None of which involve ham sandwiches.

zimbo
    Free Member

not with a beard like that…

djglover
    Free Member

None of which involve ham sandwiches.

what about 2 bits of liver down the back of the radiator?

Harry_the_Spider

bumming the plumbing? 😯

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

but slightly more tempted to try homosexuality

Well, the advertisers brief was to encourage meat-eating…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This is more likely to tempt me into trying a bit of pork

CheesybeanZ

cynic-al
    Free Member

ernie, that’s sick. You disgust me.

toby1

Some people have the best tatt’s!

Richmond are the work example of meat product manufacturers – their name make me want to run a mile from sausages, so I bet their Ham is really ‘special’.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Bloody ‘ell – did kermit do that to her? Top shagger that frog 😛

Btw – are Bert and Ernie like…you know togerher?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So it works then TJ. Isn’t advertising/marketing clever?

Harry_the_Spider

Btw – are Bert and Ernie like…you know togerher?

They work up a sweat like Eric & Ernie.

emma82
    Free Member

Would it be inappropriate to make a general pork related comment?

Harry_the_Spider

Don’t lower the tone.

emma82
    Free Member

bumming the plumbing?

Says he

tazzymtb

not with a beard like that..

she could be doing a handstand 😀

boxelder

Whare did you see the ad?

Not spam was it?

The only ham made with 100% natural ingredients

Except the ham that is ham – a slice of beast?

GrahamS

Like all marketing its the emperors new clothes. However it has caught your attention and you have published the name wider

Only TJ can directly contradict himself in two adjacent sentences, yet still be right.

FACT!

Junkyard
    Free Member

he never contradicts you just fail to understand. FACT

😀

yunki
    Free Member

the image makes me want to buy eggs…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

graham and where is the contradiction?

The advert is trying to associate certain images/ attributes with the product thats the emperors new clothes and in that it has failed.

however it has succeeded in gaining attention.

two different aspects.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

graham and where is the contradiction?

That’s an interesting question.

I see a rather silly reference to the emperors new clothes undoubtedly inspired by the nakedness to the person featured, and an assertion that the advert has drawn attention to itself. I cannot see the merest hint of a contradiction anywhere.

Care to enlighten me GrahamS or JY ? I’m genuinely interested because I feel I ought see this contradiction and it’s annoying me/making me feel daft.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I rather took it to mean marketing is BS [emperors new clothes] it is selling something to someone with a BS message [ as in the emperors new clothes] which is indeed what advertising/marketing does IMHO
    The fact we are discussing it, have noticed it and publicised it shows it worked in that we now know of that ham/advert.

We could, I assume, discuss whether it was good or bad[effective] but it does rather seem to have advertised the product widely and brought it to peoples attention as I did not know of it before this advert

Granted a vegan may not be their ideal demographic though [and the marketing bods may just know this.] and perhaps itis a world famous “ham maker”

zimbo
    Free Member

Back to the original advert, did nature intend us to have a little hat on?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I rather took it to mean marketing is BS [emperors new clothes] it is selling something to someone with a BS message [ as in the emperors new clothes] which is indeed what advertising/marketing does IMHO
    The fact we are discussing it, have noticed it and publicised it shows it worked in that we now know of that ham/advert.

Ah, I see. Perhaps I should read TJ’s posts more deeply and diligently. I completely missed all that and just saw a rather silly play on words.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ernie is right in tht its a silly play on words but also

TandemJeremy – Member

The advert is trying to associate certain images/ attributes with the product thats the emperors new clothes and in that it has failed.

however it has succeeded in gaining attention.

two different aspects.

GrahamS

two different aspects.

Both of which are “marketing”. 😀

It’s a crap advert, no mistake, but if next week you asked all the folk that have read this thread if they have ever heard of Richmond Ham, a good number of them would say yes. Give them a list of attributes to choose from and you’d see a significant number pick “natural”.

selling something to someone with a BS message

TJs views on marketing are well known. in short, brands and marketing messages have no effect at all and are a secret language only understood by other designers and marketing folk. 🙄

leffeboy

Graham has it except it isn’t a crap advert – it’s brilliant. They have a product that they don’t actually want you to see or think about but they want you to associate the name with green, country, outside, healthy. You can’t see the product and the person in the photo isn’t even looking at it (they really don’t want you to think about the product) but as Graham says you will now remember the name and make a mental association with natural even though you completely know it’s not natural

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Precisely – well put leffeboy and Graham. The clever thing about this special ‘language’ is that the common people, although unable to read or write it, can understand when they are being spoken to.

Harry_the_Spider

I only noticed it because it was obscuring the price of the diesel at Tesco.

In the 24 or so hours since I saw it I have not been tempted to grow a beard, buy a hat, eat cheap meat or have a bum. It has therefore failed.

137.9p/l BTW

thegreatape
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    Many things. None of which involve ham sandwiches.

What about a vertical bacon roll?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 111 total)

The topic ‘Does this image make you want to buy ham?’ is closed to new replies.