Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Does this exist….headset question.
  • deviant
    Free Member

Looking to slacken my HT by maybe 1 degree but would like to keep internal cups to keep the front height down/sensible.
    Steerer is a straight 1 1/8, anybody seen any around?

The one on Works Components seems to imply the top cup is external and I’d rather not have that, although I could then compensate with flatter bars I suppose?

Head tube size is 44mm btw.

stevied
    Free Member

What about offset bushes? Made some for my bike and got about 1.5 degree slacker. The amount of angle change can be adjusted by using a bigger/smaller offset.

deviant
    Free Member

Pardon my lack of knowledge but wouldn’t off-set bushes be for full suspension?….this is a hardtail.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Try 50/50-ing a largish jump, should sort it out no worries. If its too much can be adjusted by riding into a small wall at speed.

Northwind

Never seen one for internal cups. The Works one won’t fit afaik, I think it’s for a conventional headtube.

qwerty
    Free Member

Hmmm, i’m in the same boat with a tapered steerer, 44mm HT. Standard top cup is zero stack, bottom is external. I’ve emailed WC = no reply yet. Only way i can see it working with their listed headsets is to fit external cup top & bottom (29mm stack height).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Does this exist….headset question.’ is closed to new replies.