Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Does this exist? Road/cx frame set question.
  • alansd1980

My trusty commuter was in at the lbs for a bit of tlc when I get the call…. Bottom bracket area is cracked so frame is done in. Initial reaction was sh1t but then I thought, time to crack out the credit card and work on n+1.

I would quite like to go down the disc brake route for commuting but that obviously means investing in new brakes, wheels and frame and fork. Is there are commuter/cx frame and fork out there which has mounts for both discs and standard caliper brakes allowing me to upgrade at a later date or do i have to take the hit now?

Should add that as it’s getting year round use I need guard mounts and possibly a rack mount!

rOcKeTdOg

Cotic x has both but you can’t buy them new anymore afaik

aP
    Free Member

Most disc brake frames are 135OLN rather than road standard 130.

ken_shields
    Free Member

sorry wrong answer from me

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Most of the CX/Hybrids have mudguard mounts.Also most are disc only.Plenty on the market Trek croossrips/Meridas/Genesis etc.

damascus
    Free Member

Take the plunge, go disc. I did and I wouldn’t go back, especially for commuting.

I run a kinesis tipster and it’s brilliant but if you are on a budget the London Road from planet X has 30% off at the moment so it’s only £210 for a frame and carbon fork. Frame is disc and has rack and mud guard eyelets.

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FRPXLONROD/planet-x-london-road-frameset

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Does this exist? Road/cx frame set question.’ is closed to new replies.