Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Does this exist? Hardtail that'll take fat(ish) wheels and normal ones?
  • frood
    Free Member

if you can find a longitude in your size it’s an awesome bike, otherwise Triton are doing the Krampus frames in size gate for a discount atm Krampus deal

chakaping
    Free Member

Isn’t a 26in frame with 3in tyres going to end up with a high BB?

I’d be looking for a 29er HT and some B+ wheels and tyres. Gonna give it a go myself on my 29er at some point too.

Just look at “what 29er” threads and pick one with the sort of geometry you want and make sure tyre clearance isn’t too tight.

nemesis
    Free Member

That’s what I started with – it needs to be a 29er frame that’ll also take fatter tyres. That sounds simple but there’s not so much choice out there right now (I reckon that’ll change for 2016) that’ll take fat (3″+) tyres.

nemesis
    Free Member

So, the Krampus – is it a bit of a lump – most of the surlys I’ve ridden in the past seem to feel heavy and slow even when they actually aren’t.

Paceman
    Free Member

nemesis – Member

So, the Krampus – is it a bit of a lump – most of the surlys I’ve ridden in the past seem to feel heavy and slow even when they actually aren’t.

Quite the opposite in my experience of the Krampus. I can’t vouch for other Surly bikes though as i’ve not ridden them.

nemesis
    Free Member

Hmm… well I’ve always fancied a green bike…

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Does this exist? Hardtail that'll take fat(ish) wheels and normal ones?’ is closed to new replies.