Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Does this exist… carbon HT, 120ish mm forks, 1×10…
  • andypandy85
    Free Member

Evening folks. I’m looking at buying a new hardtail, and I want something light so I can get out for long days of climbing and descending, nothing crazy, just recreational riding to enjoy nature etc etc. Are 1×10 carbon HT’s with approx 120mm of travel available as a complete, or am I going to have to build it from scratch? I’ve had a look round and it seems like they don’t exist, but you guys will probably know much better than me!

Cheers 🙂

rickmeister

Found a IBIS Tranny with just that spec… it is a 26 though

andypandy85
    Free Member

26 is for heroes 🙂

I’ll Google that badboy, cheers!

scandal42
    Free Member

It exists as I rode it yesterday.

Its called a 456

nickdavies

That’s exactly what my c456 was, loved it till I broke it!

scandal42
    Free Member

Just to be clear, it was also 150mm at times yesterday.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As 1×10 is a very simple conversion I’d be looking for the other ticks. Wheel size may be more important

rickmeister

i think there are two immaculate Trannys still for sale, large frames, one keswick and one Birmingham way….

andypandy85
    Free Member

Cheers all. Wheel size isn’t so important, as long as it’s not a bloody 29er!!

Scandal, Nick, been looking at the carbon 456, how is it?

Mbnut
    Free Member

so I can get out for long days of climbing and descending, nothing crazy, just recreational riding to enjoy nature

I wouldn’t discount a 29er as it is the perfect thing for what you described.

I am lucky and get to ride many bikes and the one thing I can say is that when it comes to riding a ht for long rides with a bit of everything then a 29er is a good option.

Just my humble and all that but i’d ride one before parting with my hard earned.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Does this exist… carbon HT, 120ish mm forks, 1×10…’ is closed to new replies.