Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Does this bit exist – plumbers/diy/hose/tap fitting
  • towzer

Hi

conveniently in the garage is a cold water tap, however the fitting appears to be somwwhat unique – end of tap is threaded and I can screw a 15mm copper compression nut onto it, is there such a bit that I can buy that will screw onto tap and convert to the plastic push garden hose fitting.

(*the tap design doesn’t allow me to fit a piece of 15 mm copper as the 15mm copper is to big to fit inside the tape spout hole ……)

cheers

Cougar

Googling “threaded tap connector” gives many, many results?

Unless it’s an odd size, from memory pretty much every outdoors tap I’ve ever seen has had a threaded connector. I don’t think it’s that unique.

winston_dog
    Free Member

A 15mm compression fitting has a 1/2 inch bsp thread.

That is pretty standard on a tap and there are plenty of hose connectors that fit.

towzer

cheers, winston – that helped a lot

having seen adverts for 1/2 and 3/4 fittings hose fitting bits I now know what that weird grey insert lying the the hose spares box is – it’s a 3/4 to 1/2 adapter (never needed on any other tap I’ve used – so I guess the current/main size is 3/4) and by sticking it into my existing 3/4 fitting it now works perfectly – doh… as the 15mm compression fitted I was expecting to need a metric to inch sort of converter – copper to plastic

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Does this bit exist – plumbers/diy/hose/tap fitting’ is closed to new replies.