Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Does this bike box look good value and up to the job?
  • winrya
    Free Member

Going to alps in July and while my mate says just get a box from a shop for free, I can’t help thinking for a matter of £37 delivered, this rose box with wheels and straps looks great value http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose-bike-travel-safe-for-race-bikes/aid:21916/?origin=pla&kw=&gclid=COWxgMvhxa8CFUkMtAodSysVZQ

It will be the xl mtb version I’ll be buying but linked this version as has more pics

What you guys think?

Cheers

Ryan

faz083
    Free Member

it’s cardboard isn’t it? it’s the one they use to ship their bikes, so it is going to be essentially single use, surely?

gnusmas

If your bike is worth protecting then IMO spending on a proper durable bike bag that you can use over and over again (or sell on after your trip) makes more sense.

nickjb
    Free Member

Free box works fine. Pack it well and add some padding. I’d avoid a bag as they get dragged around and chucked anywhere, a box forces them to handle it reasonable well. Every bent bike I’ve seen was transported in a bag. If you want to spend £37 then go for it it’s your money, but it seems a bit excessive.

tonyd

£37 for a cardboard box? Get a free one from the LBS, splash out and buy a proper bike box (only if you’ll reuse it a lot), or rent one. These are good and if you’re anywhere near Rotherham you can rent and collect.

Home

rooney
    Free Member

padded bike bag with a box or very thin plywood would be best option as a lot lighter than a solid bike box.

You would pick up a padded bag for £37 and get a free bike box to adapt to fit for inside. Easier for you transport than a box.

rooney
    Free Member

you can also pad out your bike bag with your cycling clothes saves taking a case 😆

falkirk-mark

What rooney says.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Does this bike box look good value and up to the job?’ is closed to new replies.