Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Does such a thing exist? Summer house/pergola type construction
  • johndoh
    Free Member

We are planning some work in our garden over the spring and we would like some kind of solid roofed pergola / open-sided summer house.

However, where we live, the wind is often quite strong so we wanted the ability to slide solid panels back and forth so on a nice warm day we can have it open, but when its windy we could slide the sides into the closed position to give us shelter.

I have been Googling and can’t find what we want and I doubt I would have the skills to make it myself…

jimdubleyou

I want one of these things

http://www.cbsolarshading.co.uk/outdoor-living-pod

Looks awesome, but costs a fair whack (C £10K)…

ji
    Free Member

Was looking at one of those at a show last summer. Amazing things – fully remote control electric roof as well. As you say, not cheap though.

OP – you can get extending wind break things – look a bit like roller blinds but mounted sideways. Something like this . No idea how good they are mind

gonzy
    Free Member

id be interested in recommendations for a good quality pergola

our current garden is split into 2 sections..the patio section which leads onto a small lawn with a large shed at the side and a small shed down at the bottom of the garden.
    the patio already has an awning/canopy covering it.
    the plan is to remove both sheds and level it all off and then lay artificial turf…but i’d like to add a pergola where the big shed was
    the sheds replacement will be a brick store shed on the patio

petec
    Free Member

funnily enough my latest fad is to replace our rubbish pergola (rotting, unusable etc) with something like this, with a pizza oven built in.

Obviously my man skills are rubbish, so I had a look around and there are places like here who can do things.

They may be able to do something – bi fold door style

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Those Oak gazebos look fairly good value to me.

spacemonkey

Hmm, I is interest also.

Looking to build a pergola (protected by fencing on one side) with BBQ and prepping table within. Not going to pay silly money for something pre-built, so now working out timber/dims.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Does such a thing exist? Summer house/pergola type construction’ is closed to new replies.