Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Does Slime Tubes Sealant do the same as Stans No Tubes?
  • astura
    Free Member

Does Slime Tubes Sealant do the same as Stans No Tubes?

holst
    Free Member

Stans seals much faster. Slime seems to last longer. I generally seal the tyre with latex and leave it a day or two to set, then add some Slime for longer term protection.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

There is a good reason why nearly everybody who runs tubeless uses stans and not slime which Ime doesn’t work in tubeless tyres and is pretty ineffective when put inside inner tubes .

canopy
    Free Member

^ and leaves a comedy situation when trying to repair a puncture.. i remember coming across two lads covered in the stuff.

*guy makes a beeline for to catch me and a mate*

-guy- got an inner tube? oh you’re on 26ers – my mates got a snakebite. nevermind..

-us- *shrugs*

we ride for another 30 mins, eventually we pass them trailside

-me- any luck? i’ve got patches

-guy- nah we have too.. he’s got slime, its EVERYWHERE it won’t stick

-me- shrugs

from now on the spot we saw them is called snakebite corner

I carry a spare tube, and when I go tubeless, i’ll still carry one to wack in if the reseal doesn’t work.

moral: when they work these magic potions work great, i’ve been with people who’ve had all the air piss out. seen them just shoot some co2 in, give the bike a jiggle and be back on it. but it’s not an excuse to not carry some kind of backup.

garage-dweller

Slime do a tubeless sealant. It’s all I’ve used in my tubeless set up for years and got no real complaints about it and I ride over flipping loads of bramble/thorn covered areas.

As picked up above lasts ages too.

It may not seal like Stans but I’ve yet to have something that it wouldn’t seal beyond a proper torn sidewall.

How that compares with the stuff for inner tubes I don’t know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Does Slime Tubes Sealant do the same as Stans No Tubes?’ is closed to new replies.