Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)
  • Does no-one on here ever break the Law or are we all as pure as the driven snow?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Some of it's open to interpretation though TM. I mean most of us are on STW at work, meaning that we are taking money for doing something that we're not doing, which could be fraud or breach of contract depending.

Talkemada
    Free Member

So STW is to blame for the economic collapse then?

And that nice Mr Brown has had to resign from his job over this. Poor man… 🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

but I will still find it in my heart to hold you when you feel alone…x

I'm not in any way homophobic, and I like shirtlifters as much as the next man. But I find this sort of homoerotic stuff a little uncomfortable.

Talkemada
    Free Member

You're just jealous because no-one wants to give you a cuddle.

It's because you're mean and nasty. No-one wants to cuddle a hedgehog.

Interestingly though, Homosexuality was of course once illegal. Just shows that some laws should be ignored/broken, if they impinge on someone's human rights.

CountZero

yunki – Member
    talkemada:
    again.. you are completely correct and have made me feel small and slightly upset and embarrassed by your handling of the situation..
    you are indeed some kind of internet hero.. you must be very popular in real life.. in a Bret Easton Ellis' American Psycho character kinda way..
    I'm not really sure if I want your respect.. I've not noticed you on here before today.. but what I have seen paints you to be a very tiresome kinda character..
    the jury is definitely out on that one fella..
    However.. I really was warming to you again after the slurry disagreement.. til you came out with the 'don't mess with my family' thing..
    I imagine that I will cheerfully take the piss out of you over that in real life too if you don't appear dangerous and averse to friendly banter….

Ummm, Talkemada has been on here for some considerable time, with one or two breaks for bad behavior, :wink:, and is known to most under a variety of names. On the other hand, I've been on here since 2003, and I've never heard of you before today. As Molgrips says, the 50's peasoupers were incredibly thick, they go back to Victorian times, with the burning of Sea Coal, a very thick sooty smoky fuel, and it wasn't unknown for buses to have someone walk in front to guide them. Talkemada's story is perfectly feasible considering just how bad things were back then. We can't imagine how dirty the air was back then in large cities.
    [edit]just found this reference in Wiki:

An 1871 New York Times article refers to "London, particularly, where the population are periodically submerged in a fog of the consistency of pea soup…" The fogs caused large numbers of deaths from respiratory problems until the early twentieth century, when homes began migrating to the suburbs and use of coal for industrial activities became more efficient or was replaced by electricity.[2]

The worst recorded instance was the Great Smog of 1952, when 4,000 additional deaths were reported in the city over a couple of days, leading to the passage of the Clean Air Act 1956 which banned the use of coal for domestic fires in urban areas.[2] The overall death toll from that incident is now believed to be around 12,000.
    Jeez, can you imagine the outcry these days over 12000 deaths due to smog?
    Oh, and I'm hardly a paragon of virtue, got a ticket for doing 37 in a 30 limit last year, had a couple of parking tickets, shoplifted some toys when I was a kid, which I got away with. Don't ever run red lights though, or ride without lights. That's fracking stupid. And suicidal.[/edit]

zaskar
    Free Member

Well I cancelled my Tv licence as I don't watch tv.

But sneaked MOTD online the other day to see Chelski win the league.

First time I watched BBC, rubbish ages ago and still rubbish now.

yunki
    Free Member

count zero… whatever buddy.

great input there.. how it is relevant to the large section of MY writing that you have quoted is a bit of a mystery to me..

It's cute to see you stick up for your buddy.. and I am aware that talkemadas reputation precedes him.. and that he is part of the olde guarde here and also that I am a relative newcomer and a complete nobody.. I don't need that pointed out to me and it is completely irrelevant to the discussion..

I was merely having a little bit of a lighthearted bitchfest with the mad talking fella following a little disagreement on another thread..

thanks though for your concern though.. I will watch my step in future or something..

sorry for causing any offence?

(ok.. maybe that should have read… 'errr.. I think you've misunderstood my intentions there… I am not a chatroom veteran and therefore I do not base pecking orders on length of membership.. and besides I was not in any way pulling rank with my comments… was merely engaging in some friendly verbal jousting..')

baaaaaahhhhh… fuggit the internet is a wierd place to hang out of an evening! humbug

kennyNI
    Free Member

Possibly some guilty by posting attempts at sarcastic/funny comments on here.

Section 127 of the Communications Act 2003

http://jackofkent.blogspot.com/2010/05/paul-chambers-found-guilty.html

yunki
    Free Member

can I just add a postscript to my last post…

I would like to apologise a little bit.. I'm fairly new to this and I'm a bit shocked by how easily I have been sucked into the whole keyboard warrior thing..
    I wouldn't so eagerly allow myself to get wound up by someone elses viewpoints in the flesh so to speak..
    But it is VERY easy to do it here when one has time to measure ones responses and sharpen ones tongue..

what a bell..end

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

But it is VERY easy to do it here when one has time to measure ones responses and sharpen ones tongue..

Really ? …..how peculiar 😕 ……..I would say the complete opposite for me. I don't ever seem to feel wound up on here, which is weird coz in real life I'm not really that tolerant or patient. And there isn't anyone on here who I don't like, although I've always thought that if I were to meet some of the herberts from here in real life I'd probably think they were right tossers. Having said that, everyone I have actually met in real life from here, which is a fair few I suppose, I've really liked …….so that's kinda weird too. As for the "time to measure ones responses and sharpen ones tongue" again, the complete opposite for me – the longer I leave it, the less sharp my tongue. As an example, my first reaction to Talky's strop was "don't be a ****", but then I thought about it and realised that he was probably genuinely upset, so I ended up toning down my comment.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i got arrested under the prevention of terrorism act for setting fireworks off in my garden on my birthday !!! seemed a bit harsh to me – the nearest house is 100yds away and its generally all moorland

Talkemada
    Free Member

I was upset. I don't like anyone insulting my family.

zokes
    Free Member

I think this thread has degenerated wonderfully, showing just how hypocritical our wonderful talkefreddedbrashox really can be. "Oh Oh Oh! You can't insult anyone here, but I can insult you to defend my own pathetic online persona"

Give it a rest Fred, and your fanbois – you're making Conmeran look sincere.

You know how it works here Fred, if someone else had posted tripe, you'd be the first to pounce, just most aren't as cowardly to cry and hide behind their 'family'. It was you, after all, that brought them in to this…

zokes
    Free Member

I should point out that whilst deliberately not being as conspicuous as you, I'm sure I've ruffled enough feathers here in my time. Difference is, I'm happy enough to continue using my original name from 5 years ago. Why not you, Fred?

eldridge
    Free Member

I've been in peasoupers:

Really? You must be really old, as they became a thing of the past after the 1950s…

Alas – born in 1948. If peasoupers became a thing of the past after the 1950s, that means I can remember them as at least 12-yr old!

Talkemada
    Free Member

You know how it works here Fred, if someone else had posted tripe, you'd be the first to pounce, just most aren't as cowardly to cry and hide behind their 'family'. It was you, after all, that brought them in to this…

I've never insulted anyone's family. And if you look carefully, you'll find I rarely resort to abuse (I make an exception for Ernie).

I read stuff like BoringBob's crap, and my first reaction is '**** you tosser', but then I know that's exactly how certain people want me to respond. You're one of them, Zokes. I've only noticed you because you seem intent on provoking a reaction in me. I suspect you'd quite like me to be be banned; maybe I make people like you feel uncomfortable, hmm? I say things you don't like? And what I've noticed, is that those who resort to personal insults and abuse, tend not to be those who seem capable of formulating intelligent comments.

You know what, that's sad; trying to wind someone who you've taken a dislike to, in order that they respond angrily and get themselves banned. Probably points toward some deep insecurity. You can't 'win' a conflict, so resort to petty, childish and abusive retorts.

Do you really feel a person has much respect for you, or thinks you're 'clever', when you do that? Hmm?

You mention my 'Fanbois'. You almost sound jealous, at this point. As though you'd quite like to generate the same amount of attention that someone like me manages to. Me; I have a big ego, am an attention seeker, and like to 'entertain'. I concede not everyone appreciates this. But you can't please all of the people all of the time…

Overall, I mean no malice toward anyone on here. Some individuals come out with some pretty abhorrent views and opinions, which I find offensive. They deserve to be challenged.

Your sole reason to post the above is to attack me once again. Pfft. Water off a duck's back.

But thanks once again for feeding my ego. It's nice to be noticed.

You will probably want to come out with some witty retort, or put-down. I'm expecting that. In fact, the conceited part of my nature makes me believe I have the power to make you do so…

Your move.

Tick tock….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We're keeping the baby Talcum…have you appointed a solicitor yet?

I've just realised I kinda used to do that shit with Lanesra. Not big and not clever. Though I did once chuck out one of my sharpest insults ever, but edited it out before I got banned for it. It was truly horrible.

Talkemada
    Free Member

See, I think there's a fine line when 'duelling' on here. I think it's fair game, to attack someone's character, and their views, if you find them particularly objectionable. Going beyond that which is on this forum, is out of order, in my book. Just shows a person to be lacking in class, and intellect.

With Lanesra, it was clear that there were some quite unsettling issues going on. Which is why I was always loathe to have a dig, even when he was being pretty nasty. He did get personal against me once, when I was unable to respond on here. I though that was pretty low. Thing was, he'd actually met me in real life, yet hadn't expressed his views on that occasion. Ho hum. I bear him no ill will.

The regular attacks on Kaesae are something I find really depressing. Again, there are clear issues there, but some folk are either too blind to consider them, or are that insecure themselves, they take some sort of twisted pleasure in abusing the poor bloke. Kaesae himself has been pretty open about health issues that have affected his life quite profoundly, but some individuals can't see past the 'easy target'. I think the bloke's all right; just wants to be part of the 'community', tries hard to fit in, and is actually pretty entertaining. Good on him, I say. Shame on those who seek to do nothing but ridicule him. How 'perfect' are you, ffs?

Anyway.

I must say that I've gained a lot of respect for Yunki as a result of this thread. I think his post above is very honest, and deserving of consideration. Seems like a decent person. Maybe I didn't show him enough respect myself. A valuable contributor, for sure.

We don't always see eye to eye.

But an eye for an eye, etc…

X

DD; that's good news. I hope the two of you can find happiness, as I have. You have done me a great service, for which I shall be eternally grateful.

Viewing 18 posts - 81 through 98 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Does no-one on here ever break the Law or are we all as pure as the driven snow?’ is closed to new replies.