Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Does ketchup live in the fridge?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Not in my world.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Homemade, once the jar is opened yes.

jamj1974

Yes.

godzilla
    Free Member

No

Mantastic
    Free Member

Possibly and that depends on a few factors.

Harry_the_Spider

Good God No!

maccruiskeen

Its a class thing. Working class people keep their ketchup in the cupboard. Middle Class people keep it in the fridge. CHF doesn’t know where cook keeps the condiments, they just arrive on a silver salver. 🙂

mattk
    Free Member

No, and neither does pickle

tuffty
    Free Member

No.

spchantler
    Free Member

ketchup? posh git, brown sauce ftw

Onzadog
    Free Member

Who wants to add something cold to a fresh bacon sandwich. In the cupboard for brown and red.

clubber
    Free Member

Middle Class people
    keep it in the fridge

not me…

Brown sauce should be kept in the bin 👿

duntmatter
    Free Member

Does it heckers like!

piemonster

No, anybody that does is a depraved animal.

RustySpanner

Ketchup, or to give it it’s proper name, ‘The Red Sauce Of Shame’, is the condiment of weaklings, infants, cads, mountebanks, the elderly, infirm and insane.

If you are none if these things it should be kept in the bin, where it belongs.

Drac

Yup in the bin as it ruins anything it’s added to.

maccruiskeen

CHF doesn’t know where cook keeps the condiments, they just arrive on a silver salver.

pardon my typo, I do of course mean Captain Flash Heart (not err, Captain Hot Flush)

hmanchester
    Free Member

No need with all the sugar, salt and vinegar in. It’s not going off any time soon.

(quite like ketchup)

CaptJon
    Free Member

Hell no!

Pigface
    Free Member

Heads off to register second log in as Captain Hot Flush 😆 genius

zbonty

Literally this second tucking into a hot meaty sarnie with ketchup from the fridge.

I did grow up on cupboard based ketchup and did’nt die.

andytherocketeer

has to be glass bottle too. just like irn bru has to be.

just got a student acquaintance to try glass bottle ketchup and he agreed it’s definitely better than squeezy. But I did get an email back asking how are you supposed to get it out of the bottle?

zbonty

A straw?

brant
    Free Member

When my eldest daughter did home-ec of food tech or whatever it’s called she came home with this gem. And sure enough according to Heinz finest, it does say refrigerate after opening.

ds1
    Free Member

yes to stop the flies crawling over the congealed sauce by the lid

andytherocketeer

EU banned preservatives or something, which is why they all armour plate their backsides and tell you to refrigerate after opening.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Sentient condiments!!! 😯

IanMunro
    Free Member

yes to stop the flies crawling over the congealed sauce by the lid

I’ve learnt that you should only pee in the kitchen sink, not poo. Gets rid of the fly problem.

_tom_
    Free Member

cupboard, cold ketchup tastes weird and wrong.

butlerjamesp
    Free Member

Has to be Branstons ketchup in the fridge in my opinion, although should never put sauce on a bacon/sausage/egg sarnie, why ruin the flavour of a dead animal.

nickjb
    Free Member

binners

Chilled condiments? What kind of crazy, mixed up world do you freaks inhabit?

And on the usage front. Red for bacon butties, brown for sausage. Anyone who disagrees with this Is probably criminally insane, and a potential serial killer. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

_tom_
    Free Member

Binners you have your colours the wrong way round. I couldn’t live in a world where bacon butties dont have brown sauce.

RobHilton
    Free Member

You’re ALL doing it worng!

binners

That looks like medicine of some description, so would probably feel at home in the fridge

Tom – be honest – have you ever killed a man? And will you kill again? 😉

maccruiskeen

what the hell is this? men don’t read instructions! I haven’t looked at back of a packet since boxes of sheddies came with dinosaur transfers

binners

Reading instructions on bottles? It’s a slippery slope from that to ‘serving suggestions’

souldrummer
    Free Member

Eat within 8 weeks??? I had some last night that is well past its ‘best before’ date, and I’m still here to tell the tale. And it doesn’t live in the fridge!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Does ketchup live in the fridge?’ is closed to new replies.