Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Does it open or close?
  • onandon
    Free Member

I think close.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Open. Probably
    Or possibly close…

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Open (one of us has got to be right!) 😉

the-muffin-man

7th gear along jams and chucks off the rubber band.

Trimix
    Free Member

Closes.

The two cross over ones cancel out and the two joined by a belt count as one.

aracer
    Free Member

Open. Apart from the second and third cog connected by a straight belt, each cog turns the opposite way to the previous one. 15 cogs including the input cog, hence 13 changes of direction and the final cog turns anti-clockwise.

sandwicheater

I’m more intrigued as to what’s in the box. Fingers crossed it’s some 1980 hedge pron.

maccruiskeen

If /when it does open – is the cat inside dead or alive?

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Trimix, I agree with your reasoning…..but still get open…

maccruiskeen

Hang on… its already open to start with.

That dead cat is going to be long gone.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

What tyres for Jeremy Corbyn’s box which might open or close on a conveyor belt. And would it have done the opposite before BREXIT?

Drac

It’s already open.

amedias
    Free Member

At first glance it opens*, but that depends on if the ‘string’ attached to the lid gets wound** around the spindle of the last cog/sprocket or not. If it does then it opens, if in fact it winds round a bit and then slips off the end and goes slack as it comes back round then the lid will oscillate.

if ** is true then * is true eventually no matter what direction it turns, but if it goes the ‘other’ way to the image then it would initally close a bit, then open and keep opening as the string wound round the spindle the other way.

Bregante

Yes.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I concur
    Also
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z86V_ICUCD4[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If /when it does open – is the cat inside dead or alive?

Took this picture on a recent flight. This was on the inside of the door. The button was on the outside.

fasthaggis

Hang on… its already open to start with.

That dead cat is going to be long gone.

Nope

[video]https://youtu.be/2lQBsMVAK5o[/video]

perchypanther
    Free Member

Took this picture on a recent flight. This was on the inside of the door. The button as on the outside

Did you kick the door open with your “special” shoes? 😉

Drac

Took this picture on a recent flight. This was on the inside of the door. The button as on the outside.

I hope you used one of your post-it notes to correct it?

zinaru
    Free Member

opens

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Is it an exploded diagram of a prototype 15 speed cassette? Only a matter of time..

It closes. I now need to find out. Can someone please built it?

Cougar

Opens. Obvs.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 Was wearing flip flops.

This is from the same trip, though,

😉

MrSparkle

It opens even further and breaks the lid off.

P-Jay
    Free Member

If I made it – break.

andytherocketeer

Open, then lift the box up by the lid.

Did they ever fix the £2 coin, so that the cogs on the reverse of that could actually turn?

aracer
    Free Member

You seem to be assuming the box isn’t superglued to the floor and that the cogs are firmly attached in place.

Drac

This is from the same trip, though,

😆

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Open

cynic-al
    Free Member

Open, easy peasy

shermer75
    Free Member

Close 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Open. Apart from the second and third cog connected by a straight belt, each cog turns the opposite way to the previous one. 15 cogs including the input cog, hence 13 changes of direction and the final cog turns anti-clockwise.

15 cogs -2 sprockets that are connected by the crossed belt = 13 cogs = 12 changes in direction ? last cog rotates same direction as first ? closes.

Cougar

Crossed belt is the same as directly connected. It’s the uncrossed belt that’s made you wrong.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Iirc I had hundreds of this sort of thing to do during an exam/interview for the Navy.
    Closes.

shermer75
    Free Member

Two cogs joined by a crossed belt rotate on the same direction so they can be thought of as being one cog. So four cogs with crossed belts = 2 cogs. The cogs with the straight, uncrossed belt rotate in opposite directions so can be counted as normal 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Ah- actually, you’re right and I’m wrong. Opens!!!

stumpy01

Open….

shermer75 – Member
    Two cogs joined by a crossed belt rotate on the same direction so they can be thought of as being one cog. So four cogs with crossed belts = 2 cogs. The cogs with the straight, uncrossed belt rotate in opposite directions so can be counted as normal

Have a think about the chain on your bike…..and the consider revising this statement….. 🙂

nickdavies

Open. I’m right cos I didn’t try and use maths I just followed it with my finger! 😆

Klunk
    Free Member

cw-ccw-ccw-cw-ccw-cw-ccw-cw-ccw-cw-ccw-cw-ccw-cw-ccw = open

Kahurangi

It won’t take off, and certainly not from LHR, never going to get built this century.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Does it open or close?’ is closed to new replies.